follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 08-08-2014, 12:25 PM   #85
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Eh, the could be said about buying a scion FR-S.

KIA, like hyundai, has really improved over the last decade.
If the build quality is there, the performance is delivered, and the price is right. I'd even buy a peugeot.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:09 PM   #86
TheAsianRacer

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdizzle View Post
Eh, the could be said about buying a scion FR-S.

KIA, like hyundai, has really improved over the last decade.
If the build quality is there, the performance is delivered, and the price is right. I'd even buy a peugeot.
They have improved but build quality is still something to be desired and the only reason they are getting looked at is because of their warranty which they need in order to call their cars good since stuff starts falling apart within a couple years. I used to work in the service department and I sold hyundais for a year and I hated their shifters, the materials they used due to poor workmanship or lack of durability, and their engines are nothing to brag about. Their warranty was great and they make a lot of features standard which is nice.
TheAsianRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #87
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MokSpeed View Post
Am I the only one that thinks this thing is absolutely hideous? Some of you that say you like it I want whatever you're snorting so I can see it too.
Overall the car looks good to me. But the front end treatment and the headlights are just awful. That said, I'd still drive it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAsianRacer View Post
They have improved but build quality is still something to be desired and the only reason they are getting looked at is because of their warranty which they need in order to call their cars good since stuff starts falling apart within a couple years. I used to work in the service department and I sold hyundais for a year and I hated their shifters, the materials they used due to poor workmanship or lack of durability, and their engines are nothing to brag about. Their warranty was great and they make a lot of features standard which is nice.
The ZF auto in the Genesis Coupe is pretty decent.. but it was made by ZF. It should be. The Hyundai-built manual transmission isn't so great though.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote