follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-08-2023, 09:04 PM   #6973
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
My previous dentist, which I stopped going to loooong ago, would magically find cavities with every visit. They were a "teaching" dentistry, so I'm pretty sure they put fillings into perfectly health teeth. They would also try to slip in services without me knowing (they assumed I wouldn't read over the work to be done before signing). They were the reason why I stopped going to the dentist for years and stopped trusting them. Current dentist is honest, and doesn't find issues with every visit. Actually corrected the shit job the previous dentist did on one of my teeth.
yeah, that was what the last dentist was, which was why i kept going to him. he was always very price-conscious, and always understood i was going for functionality and not show.

this guy finds all these cavities all over, notes a bunch of past work that needs to suddenly be re-done, and then starts talking about doing braces and teeth whitening to make everything perfect.

it's also why i'm already thinking i need to try a different place.
Clipdat (04-09-2023)
Old 04-08-2023, 09:23 PM   #6974
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,859 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
yeah, that was what the last dentist was, which was why i kept going to him. he was always very price-conscious, and always understood i was going for functionality and not show.

this guy finds all these cavities all over, notes a bunch of past work that needs to suddenly be re-done, and then starts talking about doing braces and teeth whitening to make everything perfect.

it's also why i'm already thinking i need to try a different place.
Sounds to me that dentist is just trying to milk you/your insurance for money. I'd find another dentist.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (04-09-2023), soundman98 (04-08-2023)
Old 04-08-2023, 09:43 PM   #6975
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
does her luck work if she picks the numbers?

my dentist just spontaneously retired (no older than early 60's at the most), so tried a new dentist today. first 2 requirements were to find a place local, and somewhere that had saturday hours so i don't need to take off work to be there.

i knew 2 teeth had some issues, but he 'found' 9 cavities that need to be addressed to the tune of $2k.

yeah, i could use that lottery ticket.

but first, i think i'm getting a second opinion
I definitely would. I’ve run across a spate of dodgy dental clinics lately. My wife told hers that they were crooked and reported them to the ADA. Not that that will lead to anything.
Clipdat (04-09-2023), soundman98 (04-08-2023)
Old 04-08-2023, 10:21 PM   #6976
soundman98

Quote:
Sounds to me that dentist is just trying to milk you/your insurance for money. I'd find another dentist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Spaulding View Post
I definitely would. I’ve run across a spate of dodgy dental clinics lately. My wife told hers that they were crooked and reported them to the ADA. Not that that will lead to anything.
yeah, i liked the previous guy because even his office wasn't flashy. it was old chairs, still used 1 older computer in the office, no tv's anywhere.

this office was all bright and new, with 50" tv's at every chair.
Old 04-08-2023, 11:17 PM   #6977
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,472 Times in 3,208 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
yeah, i liked the previous guy because even his office wasn't flashy. it was old chairs, still used 1 older computer in the office, no tv's anywhere.

the last dentist I went to was like this, and of course "here's a set of headphones so you can pick whatever you want to watch on netflix!"

clearly catering to the modern generation who don't want to read the fine print and just want to be pampered lol.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 11:24 PM   #6978
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,279 Times in 8,632 Posts
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
I've been dealing with my brothers, and my mom,and end of life stuff.

I'm so stressed out, and fucked up.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
bcj (04-09-2023), NoHaveMSG (04-10-2023), spike021 (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 12:44 AM   #6979
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,057 Times in 8,329 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
You're the second person to say that they're not a fan of Hawk.

I was looking at Project Mu and Endless for street pads as the OEM GRC pads are way too dusty, like one stop from a freeway offramp will cover your wheels dusty. I'd rather not subject the Work wheels to that. lol. I have no intentions of ever tracking either, so I hope the NS-C are going to be good enough (and will work to begin with). Otherwise, I'm going to have a $344 paperweight.
Yeah… not really see any benefit of putting Hawk pads. Hawk Street HPS or HPS5.0 is basic pads/OEM specs for Winmax (W1), Project Mu (Type-NS) or Endless (S-Sport). & what you get? Nothing. Very low temp w crappy dust. Vs Winmax, PMU & Endless will give you higher temp & lower dusts. Now get into Hawk Performance HP+ & DT-50, yeah it’ll def handle to temp & fading issue, but it’s squeal worse than Shiba Inu. I had Winmax W3 for daily & autox, yeah it get dusty lil bit & squeal but that’s when I start driving my car in negative temperature, but it was gone within 5 mins. Vs my buddy had HP+ & I can hear him coming mile away lol

If you can, Endless is the way to go… but there are only handful of dealer that sells Endless. PLUS Endless isn’t cheap either. If you can’t get a hand on Endless, my next option is Winmax… prob W2. Last option is PMU Type-PS. Type-NS would be perfect for daily in not to crazy hot weather place or racing (autox/track). Keep in mind, my wife have Type-NS on her WRX & it’s fine as daily. Very limited dust, just when she do trackcross, it overheats… but it might be do w we were doing it in the Aug w outside temperature like 110f lol
Old 04-09-2023, 09:47 AM   #6980
86-75309

Drives: Until recently, a 2020 Hakone 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I spotted the Easter Bunny in my neighbor's backyard this morning. He must have been just finishing up. I think he ran out of eggs and jelly beans. All he left behind were Cocoa-Puffs.
Attached Images

86-75309 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 86-75309 For This Useful Post:
bcj (04-09-2023), Dadhawk (04-09-2023), Spuds (04-09-2023), Tcoat (04-09-2023), Ultramaroon (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 10:06 AM   #6981
soundman98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
I've been dealing with my brothers, and my mom,and end of life stuff.

I'm so stressed out, and fucked up.
disagreements on who gets what?

it all sucks. but the good news is you're doing it all now while you can still talk to the person. it gets much harder once they pass.

one of my older friends, his unmarried aunt passed away and left the estate to his family. turns out she's been hoarding money, dozens of different investments/trusts for all the nieces/nephews, and land all over the country for the last 60 years. all of which goes through an almost-unreachable financial guy that works all of 2 days a week for about 4 hours, with the rest held in a trust by her banks financial wing. just proving that she's died and enacting her will for the friends family to start to get access to accounts to keep paying utilities at the house has taken 6 months.

she had no organization system, one of the nephews bank bond notes was found in the middle of a paperback on a bookshelf with 100 other books, info on property in kentucky was found in a dresser drawer in the middle of a stack of clothes. house tax info was in the middle of a stack of grocery receipts...
Old 04-09-2023, 10:12 AM   #6982
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Yeah… not really see any benefit of putting Hawk pads. Hawk Street HPS or HPS5.0 is basic pads/OEM specs for Winmax (W1), Project Mu (Type-NS) or Endless (S-Sport). & what you get? Nothing. Very low temp w crappy dust. Vs Winmax, PMU & Endless will give you higher temp & lower dusts. Now get into Hawk Performance HP+ & DT-50, yeah it’ll def handle to temp & fading issue, but it’s squeal worse than Shiba Inu. I had Winmax W3 for daily & autox, yeah it get dusty lil bit & squeal but that’s when I start driving my car in negative temperature, but it was gone within 5 mins. Vs my buddy had HP+ & I can hear him coming mile away lol

If you can, Endless is the way to go… but there are only handful of dealer that sells Endless. PLUS Endless isn’t cheap either. If you can’t get a hand on Endless, my next option is Winmax… prob W2. Last option is PMU Type-PS. Type-NS would be perfect for daily in not to crazy hot weather place or racing (autox/track). Keep in mind, my wife have Type-NS on her WRX & it’s fine as daily. Very limited dust, just when she do trackcross, it overheats… but it might be do w we were doing it in the Aug w outside temperature like 110f lol
Yeah, purely street driving only. I find the OEM GRC pads not very responsive when it's cold. Totally caught me off guard the first time it happened and I almost stopped past the crosswalk since I was used to it biting right away.

I think the Project Mu NS-C are 0 to 400* C, so should be perfect for street driving.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 10:15 AM   #6983
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:

I don't have any issues with TVs and stuff, as long as they clearly, and honestly go through the care plan with the patients instead of just handing them the paper and saying sign this.
Old 04-09-2023, 10:26 AM   #6984
soundman98

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86-75309 View Post
I spotted the Easter Bunny in my neighbor's backyard this morning. He must have been just finishing up. I think he ran out of eggs and jelly beans. All he left behind were Cocoa-Puffs.
do they taste like cocoa-puffs?
Kaotic Lazagna (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 12:53 PM   #6985
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,279 Times in 8,632 Posts
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quote:
disagreements on who gets what?
No, not really. I have a brother that doesn't like the decisions my mom is making in regards to when she should go into assisted living, her health care, and who she has assigned as healthcare and financial power of attorney if she becomes incapacitated. It's like, sorry dude, but mom is still all there upstairs and can make her own decisions.

Her will was finalized years ago, and we all know that plan, so who gets what shouldn't be an issue, but you never know. People get weird when that stuff actually happens.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
humfrz (04-09-2023), soundman98 (04-09-2023), spike021 (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 05:15 PM   #6986
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,472 Times in 3,208 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Seconding Endless. I love my pads. I had to order them from Japan with Blackhawk Japan though and I'm almost due for a new set. Maybe $350 or something for the set. I'd have to double check.

They are noisy when cold though. I've scared more than a handful of old ladies are crosswalks while slowing to a stop lol. But once warm they don't really make noise, and they feel great at high temps.

Superstreet type S pads.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
have you turned it off/on, i heart my boxer, i still hate you all, kiss me, maple syrup, multipass, next one is a prequel, ow my balls, special_k abandoned you, the search for more money