follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 06-02-2017, 05:16 PM   #1933
fang_gt86
FR Noob

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post
I was driving the speed limit (35 mph) on a nearly empty 4-lane road checking fuel trims on a fresh tune when a modded Nissan GT-R cut in front of me. He slowed a bit, then floored it with his loud catless exhaust blaring, then slowed down again. For better or worse these cars still do attract attention I guess.
Maybe he wanted to see if you're 2JZ'ed or LS'ed

6MT FR-S Whiteout:OFT- OTS V2 Stage 2 (93oct & E85), Tomei UEL, Invidia OP, JDL UltraQuiet FP, Ark Grip catback, GS hood struts, Perrin Inlet & K&N drop-in
fang_gt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:44 PM   #1934
ericwudi0830

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonomics View Post
Some guy in a fourth gen Mustang pulled up next to me while I was on the freeway going back home. He had his GF in the passenger seat and they just kinda looked at me like they wanted to race... I just kinda cruised along at the speed limit til they went away.

I don't get why some guys need to feed their egos like that, especially when it's quota time and late at night. I'm all for having a good time where the only possible thing that could get hurt would be someone's ego, but come on, man.

I can't help but think about what would have happened if I did drop it into fourth gear or something, though. It was just straight freeway with no one else around, so it just teases my mind.
Ahh it probably wasn't worth it. Just do you man!
Old 06-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #1935
Brayden_23

Drives: Asphalt 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Had a Rio5 try hanging with me when I was taking a highway transition ramp between two interstates. There are 2 turns, one recommends slowing to 55 and the next recommends 45. I go 65-70 through the whole thing and the Kia thought he could too. It's not even that fast but the turns are kinda sharp and you really get to feel some G force through it all. I looked in my rearview just in time to see him understeer into the other lane and slam on the brakes...
Brayden_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brayden_23 For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (06-04-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 09:22 PM   #1936
ZeroFiveSix

Drives: FR-S iin Pearl White, stock-ish
Garage
Out for some spirited driving on a mountain road today... My mom and sister were cruising in another car with me, if that's any indication how laid back it was. Dude in a silver '05 WRX appears ahead of us and takes off when I drop in behind him. I'm just maintaining my playing pace (and maintaining my lane. Crazy, right?) and he starts doing what I assume was trying to race. He's cutting blind corners all the way to the white line of the oncoming lane and his tires are chirping at every corner entry. He's even setting up right-handers by touching the left white line before turn in.
Ended up waving me on after a couple minutes. Like, what was that even supposed to be?
ZeroFiveSix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroFiveSix For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (06-11-2017)
Old 06-11-2017, 03:10 AM   #1937
dhuang
Cannonball Record Guy

Drives: Series.Yellow, 4C, Fit
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Panda Panda Panda

Tonight I had the typical Atlanta Ford Explorer line up with me at a red light -- You know the type: Flashy chrome wheels with mismatched tires with the stick-on AutoZone fender vents to help cool the neglected paint beneath. Bumping our favorite local genre of music, loudly of course.

Turns out I had to eventually be in his lane to get on the interstate. I realized that I couldn't actually communicate to him through the words of "Panda Panda Panda" despite both our windows being down, and with traffic building up behind him, I knew I had to punch it off the line.

So I did... Well sorta. I rolled on the throttle, signaled, and safely merged over. I guess I got him triggered because I look in the rear view mirror... He's on my tail, closely.

I'm approaching the turn that leads to the on-ramp. I know this turn well -- it a two-lane on-ramp that allow traffic from two different directions. My lane is the keep moving lane... How Convenient.

A few moments later, I look again in my rear view... He's still there, but even closer this time... People are usually braking and slowing down already. This will be fun for me, but probably not for him.

Without using my brakes, I carve a tidy line through the turn at 50mph and easily stay within my lane, free of any drama.

I'm pretty sure Michelin Super Sport x 4 will always be better than a Nexen + Lexani + Nankang + Cooper tire combination. I say this, because quite some time later I look in my rear view mirror and *gasp* he isn't there anymore... Oh wait, here he comes... understeering heavily and barreling into the other lane (luckily there wasn't any traffic from that direction).

Once I'm on the interstate, I set my cruise to 65 and chill. From a distance, I see him cut across 5 lanes. Half a minute later he catches up to me -- he's built up enough speed to do a ricer flyby (can I even call it that?) at 100mph+, almost clipping my rear while switching lanes for the final time.

My guess is that Ford Explorer man has broads in Atlanta that simply cannot wait.
dhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dhuang For This Useful Post:
ajh88 (07-10-2017), Aztec (08-12-2017), Blue Bird (06-15-2017), C3P-joe (06-30-2017), carsebuco (06-18-2017), Clipdat (06-15-2017), dattran86 (07-03-2017), mazeroni (06-22-2017), p1l0t (06-11-2017), ShadowReaper (08-13-2017), StraightOuttaCanadaEh (06-11-2017), trvth (06-16-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 04:37 PM   #1938
DHitHim

Drives: 2015 CWP Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
So a friend and I just finished washing our cars at about 11pm this past weekend and we pull out onto a street where much to our dismay, its ricer f***boi time and cruising and typical stupid street racers. My friend and I have never been BOV'd at so many times in our lives. That 160whp oh my! Well mines turbo'd but I wasn't going to get baited by these street racers! These STis with their open dump EWGs on stock VF were so ridiculous. They were eyeballing us and going WOT before slamming on the brakes because of the innocent cars in front of us. Didn't know this was a thing.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:39 AM   #1939
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
This morning, a Veloster Turbo starts revving, deliberately slows down, BOV chuffing and all that, and I had just picked up 2 friends (so 3 people in the car) so I thought heck, why not. It's an early sunday morning, there's no one on the road, let's do it. So I let her rip, and I think he messed up a shift cause he dropped behind but caught up before I had to make a right. The car's reputation intact thanks to some botched shifting lol.
StraightOuttaCanadaEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:45 AM   #1940
KnightRyderx2

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Couple days ago, on my usual 30 minute drive home from work, I had an 02ish mustang, older explorer, and 17' STI try to race me. The mustang was a little funny because I'm cruising along doing about 60ish in the middle lane and he pulls up in the right lane and revs his crap. I just ignore him and this goes on for a few seconds and then all of a sudden his lane slows down considerably and he is stuck going really slow, I don't know I found it funny.

They were at different parts of my drive. I usually just ignore these things, it depends on whats going on and where I am and who I'm with. My drive home from work is cruise time and usually there is traffic so I'm not trying to get into an accident or piss anyone off. Also I'm pretty sure I drive along side the same people every day going home and my car is not exactly forgettable. "There is that douche that was driving all crazy the other day. Him and his orange race car, bastard."
KnightRyderx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #1941
007BRZ

Drives: 2017 BRZ Yellow Spec Ed 1of500
BRZ Turbo vs.Honda Civic Boys Orlando

Amen! I know exactly the feeling, for the last 4.5 years, I had my 2013 (afraid to pass) white BRZ Limited and here in the Orlando area we have all these children with their Honda Civics and loud mufflers always teasing me at red lights. Now I have my 2017 Yellow BRZ with my Crawford Turbo, Ecutek tuning and Enkei 18X9.5 with 10" of Michelin Pilot Super Sport rubber on the road. Now I roll down my window and ask if they have $100 bill.
Attached Images

007BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 007BRZ For This Useful Post:
Astroboy (07-12-2017), Aztec (08-12-2017), Brayden_23 (06-30-2017), Clipdat (06-30-2017), ImAdopted (06-30-2017), TorontoNat (08-23-2017)
Old 06-30-2017, 07:11 PM   #1942
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRyderx2 View Post
Couple days ago, on my usual 30 minute drive home from work, I had an 02ish mustang, older explorer, and 17' STI try to race me. The mustang was a little funny because I'm cruising along doing about 60ish in the middle lane and he pulls up in the right lane and revs his crap. I just ignore him and this goes on for a few seconds and then all of a sudden his lane slows down considerably and he is stuck going really slow, I don't know I found it funny.

They were at different parts of my drive. I usually just ignore these things, it depends on whats going on and where I am and who I'm with. My drive home from work is cruise time and usually there is traffic so I'm not trying to get into an accident or piss anyone off. Also I'm pretty sure I drive along side the same people every day going home and my car is not exactly forgettable. "There is that douche that was driving all crazy the other day. Him and his orange race car, bastard."
I had one of those early 2000's mustangs try to race me once. It was shortly after I had gotten my FRS supercharged so it wasn't much of a challenge. It is sweet justice though when someone is taunting you and they get stuck in slow traffic.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
sato (07-10-2017)
Old 07-02-2017, 01:19 PM   #1943
DriveDriftDogfight86

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited 6MT; '13 FR-S 6MT
This old BMW z3 got so triggered by the sight of my car, he WAS turning left at a redlight...he changed lanes not only to the straight lane but all the way over to the right lane , followed me onto the damn highway, sped upto like 100 mph just to fly-by me then got off at the next exit. Wtf you mad or you big mad? lol
DriveDriftDogfight86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #1944
sato

Drives: Dodge Patitas
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Just this morning, I felt a car getting to close behind me in a reduced speed construction zone while on the highway OMW to work. I was looking into going back to right lane and letting him pass me but he found a small opening by being aggressive.

Instead of passing, went besides me and stayed by my side. When I look over, he was signaling me, asking me "if I raced"... I smiled, nodded and just waved goodbye. He smiled...

... But then proceeded to rev his Civic SI engine, cut in front of me (still in the left lane), and blast off intro a three lane change (without using signals) from the left lane to the right shoulder, to then miss 3rd gear, and get stuck besides another car. Thank God nothing occurred.

"Do you race (IN MORNING TRAFFIC?)". I mean, WTF!

If I remember correctly, another @sshole also blocked me in traffic for the same reason (to race) a month ago, waiting for me to change lanes as a sign of "racing intent". That fella received a slightly more appropriate and audible response (@#-;()_)@).

(Some) People getting the itch to race in the most inappropriate place and time possible. 😑

Feel better now.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
sato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:43 PM   #1945
ikuGANO

Drives: 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by sato View Post
Just this morning, I felt a car getting to close behind me in a reduced speed construction zone while on the highway OMW to work. I was looking into going back to right lane and letting him pass me but he found a small opening by being aggressive.

Instead of passing, went besides me and stayed by my side. When I look over, he was signaling me, asking me "if I raced"... I smiled, nodded and just waved goodbye. He smiled...

... But then proceeded to rev his Civic SI engine, cut in front of me (still in the left lane), and blast off intro a three lane change (without using signals) from the left lane to the right shoulder, to then miss 3rd gear, and get stuck besides another car. Thank God nothing occurred.

"Do you race (IN MORNING TRAFFIC?)". I mean, WTF!

If I remember correctly, another @sshole also blocked me in traffic for the same reason (to race) a month ago, waiting for me to change lanes as a sign of "racing intent". That fella received a slightly more appropriate and audible response (@#-;()_)@).

(Some) People getting the itch to race in the most inappropriate place and time possible. 😑

Feel better now.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Seriously, what is up with people and their egos. Just blast your music and pay no attention. People always want to prove something...
ikuGANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:44 PM   #1946
Somerandom18

Drives: 2017 manual BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Some people just want to to have fun and risk the lives of others.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Somerandom18 is offline   Reply With Quote