follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 03-13-2022, 10:11 AM   #1
Spawn_Of_Creation
Human

Drives: 2015 BRZ Black
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New to audio, looking to upgrade.

I'm looking at the OEM Audio+ Front Speaker Upgrade for a 2015 BRZ https://oemaudioplus.com/product/front-speaker-frz/ and wanted to know if I need to or should upgrade the stock amp too? I'd realistically want a plug and play in the same spot if i did upgrade the amp. I'm not looking to put an sub in the trunk. I will also get a new head unit for android auto.
Old 03-13-2022, 10:33 AM   #2
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
oem+'s attitude has always been to maintain a plug-n-play solution to everything. that particular upgrade path of just the speakers is specifically intended to leave everything as-is in the vehicle.

the speakers that they sell have never been all that spectacular spec-wise--those are a maybe $150 upgrade from any other aftermarket audio brand. it's important to remember that the majority of the purchase cost with any oem+ purchase is in the backend installation simplicity(both instructions, and speakers maintaining toyota-spec connectors/wiring harnesses for direct-swaps) and post-purchase support.
Old 03-20-2022, 06:07 PM   #3
thevirushaus

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It sounds like you want something plug and play. You should go for it but as previous poster mentioned you do lose quality for convenience. It should make a big difference compared to stock. If you decide to spend about the same amount piecing together your own system with the same budget, you will blow awayy the oemplus.
thevirushaus is offline   Reply With Quote