follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 11-03-2015, 12:17 AM   #57
whiteout13FRS

Drives: 2013 White FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Am I too late to complain about safety?
SBD turbo. Delicious tuning flex fuel. Kate oil cooling kit. Spencer crash beam. Perrin 3" Exhaust. Motiv pipes. Wilwood Front Big Brakes. Greddy Cold Air Intake. Stance Coilover kit. Spyder v2 tails. Sparcos driver seat. Race Creations duck bill cf trunk. 91/e85 tuned by Eric @ elite performance. All other installs by Neal @ the racers line.
Coming soon: track time
whiteout13FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to whiteout13FRS For This Useful Post:
Turbo (08-08-2018)
Old 09-30-2016, 06:43 PM   #58
nmullin11

Drives: 2013 frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Need some help, just installed my boss short hub and have an airbag light. However I had an airbag light before because I bought the car with salvage title and front end damage. Both seatbelts locked up and driver airbag went off. Sent ecu out to get codes cleared and the seatbelts out to get rebuilt. Got everything back and installed it and still have airbag light. The orange and black plugs would not come off the airbag after it detonated so I had to cut the wires. I wired both resistors to the wires directly and still have airbag light. Any help would be appreciated. Not sure what to do next. Would the light come on because the connection is not as good as if I were plugging the pins in to the connector? Does it matter if red goes to red and black to black? What about the blue?

Edit: never mind I got it figured out. Had to reinstall interior to get the airbag light to go out. All set now

Last edited by nmullin11; 10-03-2016 at 08:23 AM.
nmullin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 12:46 PM   #59
pleong

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
anyone have issues with their works bell short boss hub adapter not centering? Mine seems to either tilt to the left or right even when i try to move it over a spline.

TEAM NEMESIS | NEM 86 | IG: @NEM_86
PTE5858 Turbo | Integrated Engineering Fuel Surge Tank | 1300cc Injectors | Exedy Twin Disc | RAYS Volk ZE40 | 295/30/18 | 522whp @ 6,600 Dyno Dynamics
The NEM86 Build Thread
pleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #60
acpstunts

Drives: 2013 FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleong View Post
anyone have issues with their works bell short boss hub adapter not centering? Mine seems to either tilt to the left or right even when i try to move it over a spline.
I appear to be having the same issue but with the NRG short hub. I'm going to triple check everything tomorrow and ill post back.

Also anyone maybe can help hooking the horn up, i hate wiring and sort of unsure what wires are for the horn. I dont seem to have 2 red wires. Im thinking its the connector to the right for the horn? just want to be 100%. Also my wheel has a 1 connector horn, so im assuming one wire to that and one wire to the ground disc connector thing the hub came with.

IG: acpstunts
PSN: e46drvr
acpstunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:40 AM   #61
Drakiv
Project Shadow

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
if it wont center no matter what, maybe try having the alignment redone and hold the steering wheel center where you want it.

Instagram: Drakiv
Drakiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:22 PM   #62
DC2R

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
just pulled wheel to replace cruise control stick. clockspring turned when installing and now i have abs, airbag, and traction lights on. going to try to go center the clockspring. really trying to avoid going to the dealer and paying for them to fix. fwiw i have a bluetooth obd2 adapter.
DC2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:09 PM   #63
SuperTom

Drives: C5 Corvette, '17 Toyota 86, Jeep XJ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytrix View Post
Better yet how about not driving the car at all with or without an airbag. Accident is an accident and that's the way it is. At speeds over 40 mph good luck surviving with or without safety protection. Everything is a gamble, just because a car is loaded with airbags does not make you invincible from all elements on the road. An airbag is not going to save you from a wooden plank flying right through your windshield into your head.

Every time someone puts a aftermarket steering on or aftermarket seat on that some internet idiot comes on to read you a pamphlet about safety when operating a vehicle with anything aftermarket that isn't OEM. For god sakes it's the owners car and it's his choice to do the mod for reason they want or need. Not everyone is a fat ass that could only fit o the OEM seat or some dude with large hands that loves the thickness of the OEM steering wheel. Some people are skinny and want a narrow seat for more support or a thinner steering wheel to allow their tiny hands to wrap around. Vice versa for people that are fatter than the normal American that requires bigger seat than OEM or a thicker steering wheel than the OEM for more comfort. People do these mods to their cars to help keep them comfortable and appreciate the car even more.

People in general need to grow some balls and just take responsible for all mods you do to a car. You don't need forum mommy's to tell you all day long about the hazards of anything you do to your car. I'm sure it's getting borderline ridiculous to a point where one day someone is going to say your aftermarket lugs are unsafe to use, stick with OEM. Nut up or shut up.

end of rant.

couldn't have said it better myself
Old 03-06-2019, 11:04 AM   #64
lutfy

Drives: 2022 LR Defender, 2015 FRS_ST5/TT5
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2R View Post
just pulled wheel to replace cruise control stick. clockspring turned when installing and now i have abs, airbag, and traction lights on. going to try to go center the clockspring. really trying to avoid going to the dealer and paying for them to fix. fwiw i have a bluetooth obd2 adapter.
Did you find the fix for it?

Saw Speedfactory's video. The blue and black connector, does it tie together?

I had the shop which did my cage not install the clockspring and I have the lights on... Will be re-installing and want to make sure I have the connector issue sorted.

TIA

Lutfy
lutfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:45 PM   #65
DC2R

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutfy View Post
Did you find the fix for it?

Saw Speedfactory's video. The blue and black connector, does it tie together?

I had the shop which did my cage not install the clockspring and I have the lights on... Will be re-installing and want to make sure I have the connector issue sorted.

TIA

Lutfy
I watched a video on YouTube. You need to line up the clock spring exactly. I ended up installing the wheel like 4 times before I finally got it right

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
DC2R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DC2R For This Useful Post:
lutfy (03-06-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 04:45 PM   #66
SuperTom

Drives: C5 Corvette, '17 Toyota 86, Jeep XJ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

I got around this last summer but I had the NRG hub. Same issue was either slight right or left no matter how many times I tried.

I ended up just mounting the hub and used the steering as a template to mark new holes. took my time drilling through the aluminum hub, then used a harbor frieight tap and die set to tap threads into the new holes.
Old 12-11-2022, 12:33 AM   #67

Drives: 2017 86
When you connect the 2 OHM resistors, do you guys snap the yellow lock tab in or do you guys leave it unlocked?
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote