follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 02-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
regal

Drives: Scion FR-S/Toyota Yaris
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TRD has Springs & struts for my stupid Yaris but not my FRS?

I remember the FR-S engineer said the car sits about 1" high, so when I bought this FR-S I figured that Toyota would have a set of springs and struts from TRD in no time. I mean they probably already designed the package for the car stock and the consumer division said it needs to be an inch higher caus sally joe won't slow down over speed bumps.

I'm just not convinced that the after market lower/stiffer spings with stock struts are the right thing, may be fine for most drivers but I would be the guy who brakes a strut.

Why hasn't TRD released a strut/spring package for this car ?

Mods:
Clear fender side lights
Tactrix ZA1JB01C 2014 Calib
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
evox2frs

Drives: Asphalt MT FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
TRD USA has in fact assigned a part number for lowering springs on the FR-S. The actual part number is on this forum somewhere. Release date is unknown. Unfortunately, there is no evidence yet that struts are coming.

Edit: Here is the part to be looking out for

PTR07-18130 - TRD Lowering Springs

Got it from this thread:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=458696
evox2frs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
brianlo622

Drives: 2013 FR-S, raven
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
I remember the FR-S engineer said the car sits about 1" high, so when I bought this FR-S I figured that Toyota would have a set of springs and struts from TRD in no time. I mean they probably already designed the package for the car stock and the consumer division said it needs to be an inch higher caus sally joe won't slow down over speed bumps.

I'm just not convinced that the after market lower/stiffer spings with stock struts are the right thing, may be fine for most drivers but I would be the guy who brakes a strut.

You ARE aware TRD USA is CRAP, right?

with that said, TRD japan does have coilovers for the 86.

http://www.trdparts.jp/english/86_pe...s_chassis.html

Be prepared to pay about $4000 though.

Brian
Stance Coilovers & LCA | TE37SL18x9.5PressedGraphite
brianlo622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post

Maybe look in to RCEs? THey are made to be paired with stock struts. There are always Koni inserts too. TiC is running the combo and seems to really like it (I don't know how much you know about TiC, but I sure as hell trust their opinion when it comes to suspension stuff.)

Just my .02

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote