follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 01-31-2023, 03:06 AM   #1
luke8715

Drives: 2022 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sharing my aftermarket steering wheel

So I posted my build thread and received PMs regarding my custom made steering wheel setup, so I thought I would share on here and add more detail description on it.

Basically this is an aftermarket control panel which moved all the OEM steering features from the OEM steering wheel to a custom made CNC aluminum panel with some race grade control buttons mounted on them. Since I want a more clean look on the steering wheel, I asked the company to removed two features on the control panel, the Voice control assistant and the phone features. I have them to keep the full cruise control features, media source function and media control features on it. The most amazing thing about this control panel is they use a 7 ways cursor buttons to keep the design nice and neat so you won't see a lot of buttons sitting around the steering wheel. You can switch the media source by pushing the cursor, select songs by pressing the cursors, which makes everything more convenient, big thumbs up to them for making this happen.

One of its biggest benefit is, they custom made a connecting unit inside the quick release so you won't see a wire hanging around the steering wheel, once you remove the steering wheel, it's completely removed from the steering which I really like. Anyways, let me share some of the pictures on the product.

So this is when I first received their control panel, it comes with all the screws, wires needed to get the control panel installed. They also include a resistor to bypass the air bag warning light.

It comes with bunch of sticker indicating different features on the buttons but I don't really like the icon design so I chose the solid color sticker instead.

I didn't take a picture of the quick release so I borrow a picture from the company showing just the quick release.

Here is the connecting module that comes with the package. They need to be installed between the base and the quick release, super easy install.

Here are some pictures of the final result when I got them installed. I bought two sets of these as one for the track steering wheel and one for the daily steering wheel. switching steering wheel is super easy!

luke8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luke8715 For This Useful Post:
Ash_89 (02-09-2023), BioRebel (01-31-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 09:06 AM   #2
MConte05

Drives: 2023 GR86
Can you share the company?
MConte05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 12:00 PM   #3
luke8715

Drives: 2022 Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MConte05 View Post
Can you share the company?

The company is called Wind Racing that focuses on building customized racing simulator rigs pairing with other simulation equipment for customers. I happened to know one of their partners who is the founder of a brand called Simedal that makes simulation steering wheels so they have the knowledge and background on making this happen...you can search simedal on google as they do make some quality product for the racing simulator market.
luke8715 is offline   Reply With Quote