follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-30-2014, 06:07 AM   #267
Malt

Drives: 2015 WRX
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB86'd View Post
Same thing's happening to me
They manually adjust shipping once a order is made. They have several items for sale that are not choices when you order. You will get an email once the order is actually processed with the total amount and you will see that shipping has been adjusted for what you order.

At least that's how its worked for all the orders I've placed with @Shiv@Openflash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target70 View Post
The problem comes in, when I get my OFH(hopefully next week). I would prefer they didn't know I was tuned, so they don't log it and use it against me later if I had a synchro problem, or that cam timing issue or whatever, and blame it on my tune. (I know I could fight it, but it seems better to follow the "don't ask, don't tell" policy) But with the OFH it will throw a code without the tune. So If I just left it as is, and never said anything, unless they were looking for a problem they would probably never notice the header, much less the tune... I trust the dealership about as far as I can throw it, and If they went ahead and flashed without asking, would I have to send in my oft to shiv to have it unmarried or would I still be OK?

*edit: ok thanks steve, that's what I was afraid of. It still might be a remote possibility, but too costly of one to chance it. I may have to look into one of those mini cats that screws into the o2 port.
Any service tech with more than 1 day on the job is going to immediately notice a catless header the instant you crank the engine up. Flashing back to stock isn't going to lower the chance that they notice its been modified. I know its been noted as a feature that you can flash back to stock for warranty work but I'm assuming that's them saying you can do so without fear of your tune being lost in nevernever land due to them overwriting it with an ECU software update.

Don't take the fact that you can flash back to stock as an endorsement for trying to pull the wool over the dealerships eyes. Once you start modifying cars, stuff breaks. Accept that fact and be ready to fix stuff yourself instead of trying to cheat your way into the dealership to fix it for you under warranty.
Malt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Malt For This Useful Post:
JB86'd (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014, 07:42 AM   #268
Target70

Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt View Post
Any service tech with more than 1 day on the job is going to immediately notice a catless header the instant you crank the engine up. Flashing back to stock isn't going to lower the chance that they notice its been modified. I know its been noted as a feature that you can flash back to stock for warranty work but I'm assuming that's them saying you can do so without fear of your tune being lost in nevernever land due to them overwriting it with an ECU software update.

Don't take the fact that you can flash back to stock as an endorsement for trying to pull the wool over the dealerships eyes. Once you start modifying cars, stuff breaks. Accept that fact and be ready to fix stuff yourself instead of trying to cheat your way into the dealership to fix it for you under warranty.
I think you overestimate the service techs around here. I watched it take 4 of them to figure out how to replace my taillight gasket, and that was after I removed the trunk panel, and wiring harness. If they, by sound alone, notice a wrapped OFH with stock header back exhaust, while they fix my folded passenger window seal, I would be extremely surprised.

also, I'm sorry to go off topic, but I am tired of this cheater, pay to play crap. No one is pulling anything over any eyes. If I replace some exhaust component and have a leak, yeah, it's on me. If I load up an aftermarket tune and a a non associated problem occurs, especially a common factory defect, like 5th/6th synchro starts grinding, I'm supposed to to do what? Tell myself I'm a cheater for wanting them to honor the warranty, without having to waste a lot of my time fighting with them and explaining to them, that It's not associated. Give them an excuse to deny my coverage saying It's "heavily modified" and that I have been using it in a manner it was not intended to be used? Only to have to elevate it to corporate and get it covered under "good faith" anway? Who is cheating who here? I guess I'll just never understand some people. How about I "accept that fact and be ready to fix stuff myself" as long as you accept it, the next time you get denied by your health insurance company for a knee injury because you drink a coke every couple of days, and eat a piece of cheese cake on Sunday. [/rant]
Boofneenee (08-01-2014), CamryDS (07-31-2014), DC2R (07-30-2014), flippy (08-15-2014), GT86meMR2 (07-30-2014), mitosis (07-30-2014), raven1231 (07-31-2014), TM (07-31-2014)
Old 07-30-2014, 08:00 AM   #269
ML

Drives: 13 White MT FR-S
Thanked 1,130 Times in 522 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidONE View Post
The 2.01 rom does not read correctly although it does open with the old xml definition. You've loaded this to your car and it still runs fine?

This is what the 2.01 primary fueling table looks like opened with the old XML on the right vs my modified 1.59.
I actually opened it with the 2.00 xml, changed maf table and stuff, and then saved and opened it with the 2.01. but I will go over and redo what I did. But yeah car runs fine.

I was able to open with 2.00 xml, and the older xml i used for 1.59 and the POLF table looks completely normal

Build Thread https://www.instagram.com/mount_tele_lion/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiont View Post
I swear I will punch your car if you put these on. Right in the face.

Last edited by ML; 07-30-2014 at 10:06 AM.
ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:15 AM   #270
mid_life_crisis

Drives: FR-S 10 #103 AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I loaded the stage 1 93 octane map and it is definitely more powerful. It is much easier to get tire noise when starting out now, which to me is clear evidence of more bottom end power, especially with an AT.
What I am puzzled about is how the "new" rev limit is supposed to work. If I have the AT in full manual and run it up to the rev limit, what should happen if I keep my foot down? At present the rpms drop slowly to 7000 and then the power comes back on. I could swear I saw a post that said it should drop a lot less than that.
mid_life_crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:33 AM   #271
jprice130
AutoX Nut

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid_life_crisis View Post
I loaded the stage 1 93 octane map and it is definitely more powerful. It is much easier to get tire noise when starting out now, which to me is clear evidence of more bottom end power, especially with an AT.
What I am puzzled about is how the "new" rev limit is supposed to work. If I have the AT in full manual and run it up to the rev limit, what should happen if I keep my foot down? At present the rpms drop slowly to 7000 and then the power comes back on. I could swear I saw a post that said it should drop a lot less than that.
Which CAL id are you using? A01D? I just opened the Stage 1 93 tune for A01D in RomRaider and can see that it still has the stock rev limiter that cuts at 7450 RPMs and does not resume until 7100 RPMs. Looks like Shiv may not have given the AT CAL ids the "soft" rev-limiter that the MT CAL ids have. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but maybe he can chime in on this later.
jprice130 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jprice130 For This Useful Post:
mid_life_crisis (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #272
lucid215

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
i know my car felt slower when flashing to the new rom only because it was learning the new flash. gave it a couple days to learn and now it definitely feels faster. once i get my headers and flash stage 2 uel im gonna try and get a dyno done. @shiv ill probably send you a log when i do the stage 2 to see if ill need a maf cal due to intake. i wont mind paying for a custom tune if i need it. thanks
lucid215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:14 AM   #273
frslee
Just drive it

Drives: 13' FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I need some help here.. So it's been a while since I updated the files in the OFT. Meanwhile, I had to format my computer due to sale, but it didn't sell. I ended up reinstalling the OpenFlash Manager. Plugged in device to computer and did regular process. My files in device, which is already written in car, shows A01C. However, the OpenFlash Manager shows as A00C. I'm not sure how it changed.. so in this case should I reflash the car back to stock and restart from scratch?
frslee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #274
lucid215

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by frslee View Post
I need some help here.. So it's been a while since I updated the files in the OFT. Meanwhile, I had to format my computer due to sale, but it didn't sell. I ended up reinstalling the OpenFlash Manager. Plugged in device to computer and did regular process. My files in device, which is already written in car, shows A01C. However, the OpenFlash Manager shows as A00C. I'm not sure how it changed.. so in this case should I reflash the car back to stock and restart from scratch?
you dont have to flash back to stock. just use the manager to upload the A00C roms into it and reflash the car. the A01C is the default roms that come with the OFT.
lucid215 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lucid215 For This Useful Post:
frslee (07-30-2014)
Old 07-30-2014, 08:22 PM   #275
Tromatic
Banned

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 1,728 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
More buzzing around today. The benzina (love that word) gage moves fast enough to see!
I think the most significant boost has been made below the dip. Seems to me there is a more obvious "dip" transition in this version as well. Perhaps because of effort to reduce the induction noise, dunno. The noise is certainly more mellow through the transition. Pulls hard to the dip, hesitates, pulls through the dip and then once past it pulls like mad. I have a humble auto trans, but was totally surprised at how hard and fast it gets going to redline. Manual is even more fun, working to keep it out of the "dip" above or below.

I spend most of my time below 5k or so, and this version is very good there. So good that I now REALLY want the OFH and the Phantom. I know very well I have the wrong car for grunt, but Shiv has worked a real miracle here.

Seriously, the OFT makes it a very different car. I've been trying to come up with a name for my car, and am considering "Squirt", because that's what it does. Corner, squirt, corner, squirt, corner, repeat.

ETA: Somebody buy the Rally car version and send the ROM to Shiv.

Last edited by Tromatic; 07-30-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Tromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tromatic For This Useful Post:
JB86'd (07-30-2014), raven1231 (07-31-2014)
Old 07-31-2014, 01:16 AM   #276
cookiesowns

Drives: WRB BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Shiv,

Any ideas when D00C calibration tunes will be out?

If you don't have one, let me know, and I'll PM you my bin!
cookiesowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:30 AM   #277
ganz954

Drives: Subaru BRZ MT WR Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Comparing v2.0 stg. 2 EL e85 vs. v1.59 stg. 2 EL e85

Differences - They are not many differences in the 3 maps. Makes me wonder if it my mind is playing tricks with me. How can small changes in 3 maps make the car feel way different.

Knock correction advance max A

Exhaust Cam Retard Angle Safe AVCS
Exhaust Cam Retard Angle Normal AVCS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yobig3p1bu...%20max%20A.PNG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8fcxc34i0...afe%20AVCS.PNG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3ltwf5tzu...mal%20AVCS.PNG
ganz954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:32 AM   #278
troek

Drives: 2012 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromatic View Post

ETA: Somebody buy the Rally car version and send the ROM to Shiv.
theres a rally edition?
troek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troek For This Useful Post:
vynervt (07-31-2014)
Old 07-31-2014, 06:49 AM   #279
mid_life_crisis

Drives: FR-S 10 #103 AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
@Shiv@Openflash
Shiv, any feedback on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprice130 View Post
Which CAL id are you using? A01D? I just opened the Stage 1 93 tune for A01D in RomRaider and can see that it still has the stock rev limiter that cuts at 7450 RPMs and does not resume until 7100 RPMs. Looks like Shiv may not have given the AT CAL ids the "soft" rev-limiter that the MT CAL ids have. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but maybe he can chime in on this later.
mid_life_crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:17 AM   #280
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by troek View Post
theres a rally edition?
http://www.carthrottle.com/heres-you...car-in-action/