follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 07-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
Latiii

Drives: Currently I have a tC
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Why you mad bro?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342316946.066071.jpg
Views: 2976
Size:  10.0 KB

Yes I'm mad bc I've been on a waiting list for the BRZ since its been out and I'm losing hope that I will ever get one at a Subaru dealer near me lol. I have been following this car since the beginning when it was announced and now it's here...yet so far away. I have a scion tc which I can't wait to get rid of due to problems it's given me. Plus I'm about to graduate as a murse (male nurse) and I kind of wanted to give my self a present for graduation. The top cars on my list are as follows
1)BRZ 2) camaro 2lt 3) mustang GT 4) G37 (if I can find a good deal) 5) 370z. If by graduation , which is in September, it's still not available I will have to go on to the next . Should I wait a few months longer for it? Or move on?

I think I literally look at the white BRZ every single day on my iPad.

Btw I called the dealership today and they told me if I'm on the waiting list , which I am, I should be able to receive the car by late October. Not to mention there's people in from of me who have already paid the car in full so he told me in reality I would get it by the end of the year or early next year so that just crushed my obsession with this car lol....

EYEMYY4U
Latiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
Jidonsu

Drives: Scion FR-S | 6MT | Ultramarine
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
How about just calling dealers in other states and drive one home?
Jidonsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
Latiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidonsu View Post
How about just calling dealers in other states and drive one home?
You know...that hasn't crossed my mind! Thank you for that
Old 07-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #4
Sony

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ MT Limited
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If you don't mind a long trip, New England is on a different distributorship than the rest of the USA and is therefore getting more BRZ's than the rest of the country. I know the Subaru dealership near me is getting three more next month and none of them are claimed right now. You can call up Cityside Subaru if you want in Belmont, MA. Also Subaru of Keene, NH is very reputable and is also getting a lot of BRZ's and many NE members here will vouch for them.
Sony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #5
Hix

Drives: 2017 WRB PP
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
It seems most of the stealerships of extremely bad report are in Florida. I still gets emails from those stealerships and they have several in stock but cannot sell them due to their extreme markups.
Hix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hix For This Useful Post:
Latiii (07-15-2012)
Old 07-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
Alias
Resident Genius

Drives: Subaru Legacy GT, 1990 Geo Prizm
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
You sure are a trendy young guy, I'd recommend the camaro in your situation, it seems to be a lot more inline with the other cars you're looking at and the type of person you seem to be. If you could get a convertible camaro in yellow, that would be so cool, bro.
Alias is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alias For This Useful Post:
2pt5RS (07-15-2012), Latiii (07-15-2012)
Old 07-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #7
xyos

Drives: 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
too bad you don't live in new hampshire

Manchester Subaru is the #1 Subaru Dealer in NEW ENGLAND, they have like 6 BRZ's in stock right now lol

http://www.manchestersubaru.com/new-...cetbrowse=true
xyos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #8
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Having driven the new Camaro and Mustang, wait for the BRZ.

My wife wanted to drive the stang again (test drove both cars 2-3 times each), so yesterday while getting my BRZ tinted we headed to the Ford dealer, they had a wonderful GT in the dark blue/purple, all decked out, California package and what not, wanted 38k!!!!!

Anyway, just like the last more basic stang GT we drove, this was fast and fun as hell in a straight line. Hit the curves and it did ok. On a scale of 1-10, the BRZ being a 10, ok is a 6.2.

The Camaro 2SS I drove was about a 3.8, and what a piece of shit! The build quality was terrible, rattles everywhere and it had under 20 miles on it. It was fast but felt like a tank. The stang was much better build quality, but the seats were, strange somehow.

My wife really wants that Mustang now...since I'm happy with my BRZ, maybe I'll buy it for her...

BTW I'm 6'2" 190lb and I fit better in the back seat of the BRZ than the Mustang, even though the Mustang is bigger!
michaelahess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to michaelahess For This Useful Post:
Latiii (07-15-2012)
Old 07-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #9
Latiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyos View Post
too bad you don't live in new hampshire

Manchester Subaru is the #1 Subaru Dealer in NEW ENGLAND, they have like 6 BRZ's in stock right now lol

http://www.manchestersubaru.com/new-...cetbrowse=true
I wish lol
Old 07-15-2012, 02:58 AM   #10
Nate219BRZ

Drives: Rip 04 golf gti rip 05 scion TC
You can have it shipped right to ur door if you dont mind paying for it.
Nate219BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:27 AM   #11
TyperRspec789
Version 2 Coming Soon...

Drives: Turbo Argento FRS, Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hey Latiii, congrats man! I too just graduated nursing school! I am expecting my SWP BRZ mid-August and my license plate will read "REGMURS".

My choices to reward myself were listed: (1) BRZ, (2) Mustang V6 w/ track package, (3) Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 Rspec.

I test drove the Mustang 2 times and ultimately rented one for my vacation in Cali... I had mixed feelings about the car, but to summarize, it's a muscle car. Great power and straight line pull, but taking turns/curves aggressively seemed to be more of a balancing act. I tested the FRS and comparatively felt like a friggin scalpel... It was so nice, tight, and light... The power was enough the have fun with.

Wait for the BRZ man, it's truly something special.

What type of nursing are you doing? I'm starting orientation on the 23rd, but I'm pretty much waiting to finalize my floor. I'm guaranteed a telemetry floor, but pursuing MICU at Hopkins.
TyperRspec789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #12
Latiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyperRspec789 View Post
Hey Latiii, congrats man! I too just graduated nursing school! I am expecting my SWP BRZ mid-August and my license plate will read "REGMURS".

My choices to reward myself were listed: (1) BRZ, (2) Mustang V6 w/ track package, (3) Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 Rspec.

I test drove the Mustang 2 times and ultimately rented one for my vacation in Cali... I had mixed feelings about the car, but to summarize, it's a muscle car. Great power and straight line pull, but taking turns/curves aggressively seemed to be more of a balancing act. I tested the FRS and comparatively felt like a friggin scalpel... It was so nice, tight, and light... The power was enough the have fun with.

Wait for the BRZ man, it's truly something special.

What type of nursing are you doing? I'm starting orientation on the 23rd, but I'm pretty much waiting to finalize my floor. I'm guaranteed a telemetry floor, but pursuing MICU at Hopkins.
Congrats to you! That's awesome! And Hopkins? That's my dream hospital! Out the door I'm thinking tel floor or ER , but I'm trying to go for ICU and see how that fits me.

As for the BRZ...I'm reading about delivery or driving somewhere to pick one up, which gives me hope on getting my hands one on.
I sat in the camaro and the mustang . Both felt ok. When I sat in the BRZ , i don't know if it's me exaggerating or me just being so damn excited for the car but the seat literally felt like they were hugging me and I totally fell in love. They felt so good. I remember grabbing the wheel, looking in the rear view mirror and telling my self . "self this is the dream car you've been waiting for" lol the visibility was perfect seat compared to the ground/height was amazing. It came well equipped. And it was made by two of my favorite companies. Toyota and Sub!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #13
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm

Drives: 2016 VW Jetta TSI Sport 5-Speed
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latiii View Post
You know...that hasn't crossed my mind! Thank you for that
I guess if you like 10+ hour trips. Is this Subaru Lexus if Pembroke Pines by any chance?

If anything I think the one in either Tampa or Orlando (have to ask a few other members) is really good with customer service
Snoopyalien24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #14
I usually post drunk

Drives: BRZ
If you want it that much you can get out of state (except white is impossibru to find if you only want white). So the only thing stopping you is making a trip or paying a truck. I drove out of state and many others are doing the same.

Go get it!
#87 is offline   Reply With Quote