follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
SkullWorks
Banned

Drives: SSM LT MT BRZ
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Finally getting my BRz

So I have a pre order at a local Dealer in CA, first on list, they are allocated 7....no change from Wait List since the day I ordered...

I got tired of that game and started making calls, Found my exact car being delivered to Colorado, turns out nobody wants a NA RWD subaru in mountain states where it snows more than half the year, they didn't even have preorders sold at this dealership. So i made the call put my money down, called the finance Company back and changed dealers gave them the VIN and as soon as it hits the rail head and goes on a truck I'll be headed to Denver to retrieve what is rightfully mine.....finally.

WooHoo, here's to backroads and the Rocky Mountains
I'll have a blast this weekend

What finally pushed me over the edge was seeing Moto out there in the FRs Shootout on saturday, seeing all those sexy FRs's just angered me....I said I have to get my car next week or I'm gonna snap, so riding the high of great competition in the Import Tuner FR shootout (look for the videos on Youtube, mine was the S13.5) I started on my Journey to ultimate Vehicular satisfaction.

YAY
SkullWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
DeeezNuuuts83

Drives: 2006 Evo IX SE
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nice, congratulations. Ironically I saw a BRZ on the streets for the first time while jogging this morning before work. I definitely like them better (in terms of appearance) than the FR-S.
DeeezNuuuts83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
Zadkiel

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullWorks View Post
So I have a pre order at a local Dealer in CA, first on list, they are allocated 7....no change from Wait List since the day I ordered...

I got tired of that game and started making calls, Found my exact car being delivered to Colorado, turns out nobody wants a NA RWD subaru in mountain states where it snows more than half the year, they didn't even have preorders sold at this dealership. So i made the call put my money down, called the finance Company back and changed dealers gave them the VIN and as soon as it hits the rail head and goes on a truck I'll be headed to Denver to retrieve what is rightfully mine.....finally.

WooHoo, here's to backroads and the Rocky Mountains
I'll have a blast this weekend

What finally pushed me over the edge was seeing Moto out there in the FRs Shootout on saturday, seeing all those sexy FRs's just angered me....I said I have to get my car next week or I'm gonna snap, so riding the high of great competition in the Import Tuner FR shootout (look for the videos on Youtube, mine was the S13.5) I started on my Journey to ultimate Vehicular satisfaction.

YAY

That's screwed up. The exact same spec, unclaimed, you with your pre-oder, yet they send it to a different dealer while you would've had to wait? The hell Subaru?
SkullWorks (06-26-2012), Subie (06-26-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
What dealer? Mike Shaw tried to do a 3k to 5k markup. I ended up buying from Loveland Subaru, car should be here end of this week or early next.
michaelahess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
yajin

Drives: CBS BRZ(12-), S13(95-97)
I did a similar thing two weeks ago. I was #1 at a dealer in local, but never came, yes, I was tired. W/ posts here in this forum, I found a dealer 300 miles away having the exact same trim for MSRP. There are more repurations on Subaru than here even in NJ, but not so much demands on RWD coupe.

Anyway, I enjoyed the way back driving to my home from there w/ my new BRZ. So, winding on Rocky Montains should be more fun.
yajin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yajin For This Useful Post:
SkullWorks (06-26-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
SkullWorks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelahess View Post
What dealer? Mike Shaw tried to do a 3k to 5k markup. I ended up buying from Loveland Subaru, car should be here end of this week or early next.

Groove Subaru Centennial CO,

I dealt with Dennis.

couldn't be happier as I was gonna take a weekend trip to break it in anyhow, so this is perfect, all new scenery (until Vegas)
Old 06-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
michaelahess

Sweet!
Old 06-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
huma

Drives: ITR
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Groove Subaru Centennial CO,

I dealt with Dennis.

couldn't be happier as I was gonna take a weekend trip to break it in anyhow, so this is perfect, all new scenery (until Vegas)
Is your SSM limited already in? Mines is suppose to come in in a couple of days. Btw, the dealership here in CO. where I purchased mines is selling their BRZ's for invoice if you know the right person to go through.
huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #9
michaelahess

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma View Post
Is your SSM limited already in? Mines is suppose to come in in a couple of days. Btw, the dealership here in CO. where I purchased mines is selling their BRZ's for invoice if you know the right person to go through.
Which dealer is that?
Old 06-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #10
huma

Drives: ITR
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadkiel View Post
That's screwed up. The exact same spec, unclaimed, you with your pre-oder, yet they send it to a different dealer while you would've had to wait? The hell Subaru?
I don't know why you're so bitter in every post. I even did all the work for you and found you a limited brz mt for invoice...and you didn't want it. You could've bought that one and had it shipped to you for less than what you would be paying at a dealership near you (msrp).
huma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to huma For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (06-27-2012), tripjammer (06-27-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #11
SkullWorks
Banned

I'm paying MSRP, and I'm happy to do so, everyone is entitled to their $$$, it's alredy kinda shitty for them to sell a car they will never be able to sell repairs to, service contracts are a big part of dealership profit. and this one won't ever see the inside of their service bay (or any subaru dealer's unless there are recalls)
Old 06-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #12
Zadkiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma View Post
I don't know why you're so bitter in every post. I even did all the work for you and found you a limited brz mt for invoice...and you didn't want it. You could've bought that one and had it shipped to you for less than what you would be paying at a dealership near you (msrp).

That's Colorado. I'm on the other side of the country. Not all of us can drop everything we're doing and buy a plane ticket and spend the next week driving back. Maybe in some fantasy world, but not when you need to schedule vacation, hold down a job, find someone to care for your house, and set up everything financial before going. I want the car, but I'm not going to risk my job and livelyhood to get it.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #13
SkullWorks
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadkiel View Post
That's Colorado. I'm on the other side of the country. Not all of us can drop everything we're doing and buy a plane ticket and spend the next week driving back. Maybe in some fantasy world, but not when you need to schedule vacation, hold down a job, find someone to care for your house, and set up everything financial before going. I want the car, but I'm not going to risk my job and livelyhood to get it.

you clearly missed where he said "have it shipped to you"

whiners who don't accept resolutions to their problems are usually inherently miserable their whole life because that is what they desire, sorry to hear you prefer excuses to action.

The Following User Says Thank You to SkullWorks For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (06-27-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #14
Zadkiel

Quote:
you clearly missed where he said "have it shipped to you"

whiners who don't accept resolutions to their problems are usually inherently miserable their whole life because that is what they desire, sorry to hear you prefer excuses to action.

And you didn't get a PM where he said if I didn't want fly over to get it and drive back, I really didn't want it. I already have money down on a well equipped BRZ, having to buy one out of state and having it shipped all the way from Colorado will be just as expensive. That's not even counting that it has the most common Subaru color that IMO isn't as good as the other options. So clearly this wasn't a resolution to the issue.