follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 08-04-2020, 04:06 PM   #1
lumbeardjack

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post-accident/trunk water/trunk humming

Got t-boned April 2nd and got the car back in May, she's good as new (pics coming hopefully).

Well after getting the car back I took the winter wheels off, because ironically I was hit going in to the auto parts store to buy a jack, and then I got a car wash and opened the trunk to grab some towels to wipe it down when I saw some water in the trunk. I assumed it was just water run off from opening the trunk but today the tropical depression hitting the East coast filled my trunk and my liner is completely soggy. I took my car to the collision shop that did the repairs right away to show them because I think they may have put the channels on wrong. Two technicians were in my trunk to assess where the water was coming from and I scheduled when to drop off the car next then I drove home. During the drive home I hear a humming noise. I took to Google and it brought up several discussions from here. Anyone have any idea what they could have jostled to make that noise? They haven't done any repairs and I would like to try to fix it or at least identify it for them to rectify
lumbeardjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:06 PM   #2
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bring your concerns up to them. if insurance paid for it, the work has a warranty--their clauses usually state that the car is to be repaired to teh same condition it was before the accident. it's their problem until you're satisfied with the work. a leaky trunk and a new noise is not what it was before.