follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM   #4439
cmiovino

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP, 2004 WRX
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
This forum is so damn clunky it's getting outrageous. Having so much trouble posting and and PMing lately.

Anyway, we have definitely seen our share of "uneven" Subarus in our time including from the factory. The left rear especially can be quite a bit heavier and you can see it in the various corner weights posted over the years, so that makes some sense here.

The full inch difference for the perches is a little more than usual...there may also be something bound up.

It's a pain but swapping the assemblies side to side would be 1 test (seeing if you need to adjust the perches the same way to get the even height).

If you're able, getting the car on some scales would be a good test as well.

Your new lower ride height should make a big difference.

- Andrew
Interesting on the "uneven" issue. I searched for some used examples pulled off cars on marketplace and all the rears look uneven, which supports your statement.

I do know proper corner balancing is the the way, but wanted to get at least a few events under my belt on these (or even a full season) to get a feel for them.

I will have to get the rear realigned. I did a string alignment check yesterday and from the 5/8" lowering my 1/16 toe in is now 1/32 toe out. At least it's even side to side and not wildly out of spec.

Thanks for the help. I will say these ride incredibly well on the street here with our garbage roads in Pittsburgh.

Racecomp Engineering (Yesterday)