follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #29
Fortney

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Fortney
Quote:
Originally Posted by whaap View Post
What a difference between generations!! When I was a working bee we were given a certain amount of sick time that could be used in the event we were ever sick. The trend was to accumulate as much sick time as yoiu could in the event you had a catastrophic illness/incident you would be able to continue to be paid. Just not feeling like going to work today was not being sick. That's what vacation time is for.

THANK YOU!!! I have a girl I work with who does exactly that...it seems like she has some sort of sickness that causes her to be sick only on Saturday's that she has to work...must be nice

I'm still wondering how she has all this paid sick time!

The only time I have ever taken a "medical" day was the day I had my wisdom teeth pulled...and that was only because I was told not to come to work...other than that meh. Unless I'm dead, I can suffer through it right?
Fortney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #30
Gen

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whaap View Post
What a difference between generations!! When I was a working bee we were given a certain amount of sick time that could be used in the event we were ever sick. The trend was to accumulate as much sick time as yoiu could in the event you had a catastrophic illness/incident you would be able to continue to be paid. Just not feeling like going to work today was not being sick. That's what vacation time is for.
Ah yes...I always love these...

I'd say I'm getting oldish...but let's look at a little reality. PTO requires 2 weeks heads up. 'Sick Time', at most places, caps out, so what grandpa used to do no longer applies.

In corporate America in the 50s and 60s, you'd put in maybe 5 hours of work a day. 9-5 with a long lunch, couple coffee breaks, you get the idea. While we love hearing the stories about walking uphill both ways in the snow, the workload on your average corporate drone in modern America is immense and really of no comparison. These days, thanks to technology, I work from roughly 4 AM until midnight. Not to mention, a 'sick day' typically entails working from home for most people. I haven't taken a sick day in three years, but Boomers are really out of touch with the reality of the current world.

For those complaining their retail employees/underlings call in sick frequently, why are you surprised? It's long been known in business there's a clear correlation between employee morale and frequency of calling out sick. Find out why they hate their job so much and fix it or fire them.
Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #31
SVTSHC
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Drives: 2015 Series Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Like a lot of other people I'm one of those robots also, 1 sick day in the past two years and I literally couldn't move more than 10ft away from a bathroom. Just be vague and make sure you have sick days to use; afterall it's not like your boss could be like, "HYELL NAW, YOU BETSTA BRING YO ASS" expecially when you have sick days to use

"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory." ~Zaku
SVTSHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:28 AM   #32
Bluecille

Drives: Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheOcean View Post
I need all of them.
My current one: I'm sick, which is true. I'm sleep deprived.
But I'll need others for the future-anyone have anything clever?
Pink eye, pink eye, pink eye. You call up say I have pink eye but want to come to work and they will beg you to stay home. To make it better rub you eyes and touch everyone when you go back to work. Never fails
Bluecille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:29 AM   #33
njccmd2002
Toyota Freak

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
nice, posting it pulic, so your boss will see it ....

LOL.

Go to the ER, with a toothache, and get a work note
njccmd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote