follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86

User Tag List

Old 01-08-2022, 01:17 AM   #365
Locust
Custom User Title

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S, 2012 OB Evo X MR
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Locust
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
You can be at ease if you’re getting it at MSRP. Getting much or anything below that is exceptional right now, anywhere.

What I’ve been told regarding deposits: when you put a deposit toward an ordered car, your info associated with that payment confirms to Toyota that the order is coming from an actual customer and not just that dealership trying to get more cars allocated to them. Indeed, Toyota would most likely disregard any order without a payment that verifies it as coming from a customer. And yes, it should be refundable. I think the main point of a signed agreement is so once it comes and if you still want it, you’re stuck paying whatever price was agreed.

The bad news is that there is no guarantee your dealer with get an allocation that matches your order any time soon. Could be months.
I was told by my guy at Tonkin that allocation is just the dealerships in the region making preference requests against a shipment from Toyota to the entire region. Each allocation period there are X cars of X make/model hitting the region and the dealerships all put in their requests for what they'd like from that allocation. It would stand to reason then that the bigger dealerships have a better chance at getting you a specific car.

Instagram:
LocustAutoX
Sponsors:
DSGPerformance Drift Office Evil Apex Racing

Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 01:22 AM   #366
joeDoe

Drives: Red Gr86 Premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wasn't there an option to add a powered subwoofer, for like $600? I don't see this option on Toyota.com anymore.
joeDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 02:06 AM   #367
joez28ls1

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeDoe View Post
wasn't there an option to add a powered subwoofer, for like $600? I don't see this option on Toyota.com anymore.
I think it was $800 but I noticed it was gone from the build/price tool on Toyota’s website a few days ago as well.
joez28ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:32 AM   #368
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust View Post
I was told by my guy at Tonkin that allocation is just the dealerships in the region making preference requests against a shipment from Toyota to the entire region. Each allocation period there are X cars of X make/model hitting the region and the dealerships all put in their requests for what they'd like from that allocation. It would stand to reason then that the bigger dealerships have a better chance at getting you a specific car.
Yes! It’s really more like a request system than an order system, absolutely.

However, these are built in Subaru’s Gunma plant. Subaru’s car ordering system is actually that - you put an order in for a specific car and they put that build somewhere into production plans. This is how I got my WRX from the same plant. Perhaps Toyota adjusts “their” production plans for this car based on the orders they get - for example if they get mostly premium manual orders for mostly 3 different colors, they will fudge their plans to build more cars like that? Just speculating.

I heard of at least one guy that put an order in for BRZ recently and received a projected build date of mid-summer
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 07:45 PM   #369
McMCOO
Anti-Social Media

Drives: 24 GR86 Premium MT is on the way!
If anyone in the PNW wants a Premium AT in Halo, Toyota of Portland has one on the lot and available. As of a few minutes ago when the dealer called me.
McMCOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:49 PM   #370
autosenses

Drives: 22 Raven 86, 19 STI, 15MK7 SE daily
Does anyone have a solid understanding of order to delivery timeframe? 2-3 months? I know things are uncertain and unpredictable right now... Ideally I would like to get the car in April, in time for AutoX season.
autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 10:14 PM   #371
jvincent

Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ Sport-Tech
Thanked 1,410 Times in 715 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by autosenses View Post
Does anyone have a solid understanding of order to delivery timeframe? 2-3 months? I know things are uncertain and unpredictable right now... Ideally I would like to get the car in April, in time for AutoX season.
Assume GR86 is the same as BRZ a custom order is going to be more like 6 months right now based on what my sales guy told me.

If they have a pre-order that's already en route but not spoken for it will take less time depending on when they order went in.
jvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 11:54 PM   #372
Chan

Drives: 2022 Toyota GR86
Quote:
Originally Posted by autosenses View Post
Just to give an example. December 28th I put a deposit down for a premium MT in Halo white. I followed up this past Tuesday to see how my allocation (means that it hasn’t been built but reserved for the dealer) was going. He said that there are 3 people in line ahead of me. He estimated that mine could be allocated by March but there was no guarantee that it could be allocated by that time. I moved my deposit over to one in Steel that has an ETA of early Feb. This way I’m guaranteed that I will have something pretty soon. I don’t want to risk not having it before the snow melts. I have looked pretty much everywhere in the Midwest and all Halo White Premium MTs are spoken for.
Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 03:35 AM   #373
TheDonEffect

Drives: A mix
So I get that Toyota is pretty much building the cars as they see fit regarding trim, color, and trans, but what about accessories? Is that all Toyota as well or do the dealers add that on?
TheDonEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 11:16 AM   #374
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonEffect View Post
So I get that Toyota is pretty much building the cars as they see fit regarding trim, color, and trans, but what about accessories? Is that all Toyota as well or do the dealers add that on?
It's likely a combination where some are added at port, and some are added by the dealer.

Although I have no inside knowledge my guess would be that these cars have so few real options, most "special orders" aren't anything more than assignment of already planned units as they leave the factory. Anything listed as an accessory falls into either port or dealer added as part of that assignment.

That's what Scion did with the First 86 units in 2012. We didn't get the first 86 produced, we got the first 86 delivered based on what was already on the assembly line that met our color and transmission spec. They then gave us the option of some other upgrades as port or dealer installs (radios, aero, 3m paint protection, etc).

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 01:36 PM   #375
McMCOO
Anti-Social Media

For anyone trying to use that broken API tool, the data is still accessible if you use https://guest.dealer.toyota.com/v-sp...VINHERE/detail. Someone on gr86dotorg posted the workaround:

Put your VIN in the URL above using a full-function web browser on a PC. Once the page loads, pull down the menu of the browser and click developer tools. From there, click the network tab. Do a CTRL-R to refresh and record the incoming data. Scroll the left pane to where you see two items starting with your VIN. Select the preview tab.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to McMCOO For This Useful Post:
justinco (01-09-2022), Veloist (01-09-2022), Vr4gasmtt (01-09-2022), XdjlX (01-10-2022)
Old 01-09-2022, 04:51 PM   #376
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMCOO View Post
For anyone trying to use that broken API tool, the data is still accessible if you use https://guest.dealer.toyota.com/v-sp...VINHERE/detail. Someone on gr86dotorg posted the workaround:

Put your VIN in the URL above using a full-function web browser on a PC. Once the page loads, pull down the menu of the browser and click developer tools. From there, click the network tab. Do a CTRL-R to refresh and record the incoming data. Scroll the left pane to where you see two items starting with your VIN. Select the preview tab.
Good callout! I was going to post that. One thing I noticed which I didn’t notice before is there is a value called “onDealerHold” I noticed after I transferred my deposit to the Steel premium mt. It’s looking like the ETA is early Feb…
Old 01-09-2022, 04:57 PM   #377
McMCOO
Anti-Social Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan View Post
Good callout! I was going to post that. One thing I noticed which I didn’t notice before is there is a value called “onDealerHold” I noticed after I transferred my deposit to the Steel premium mt. It’s looking like the ETA is early Feb…
I haven't figured out a way to do this from my phone unfortunately. But I can do it all day from work! Damn I feel like I'm waiting for my Ryder Rider BB gun. It doesn't help that I just ended a 15-year relationship with my Jeep Wrangler yesterday. A friend bought it.
Old 01-09-2022, 05:11 PM   #378
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMCOO View Post
I haven't figured out a way to do this from my phone unfortunately. But I can do it all day from work! Damn I feel like I'm waiting for my Ryder Rider BB gun. It doesn't help that I just ended a 15-year relationship with my Jeep Wrangler yesterday. A friend bought it.
My 2020 was my first sports car. I felt bummed to let it go but only owned it for 6 months. Good thing we have these bad boys to look forward to. I spent about an hour last night trying to find an app that has the developer tools and had no luck. So I’ll just go to my laptop and check it everyday. I’m going from an automatic that was on my 2020 86 to a stick. I learned to drive on a stick so I’m excited to drive a manual again. It’s been 33 years lol. Red rider for sure!