follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-25-2020, 09:49 PM   #1
Zaraia

Drives: 2015 Scion Frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Open flash tablet updated itself...

Long story short, I plugged in my OFT and its been AGES since. It updated and now when I plug it into the car it says "ERROR" "tuning file mismatching, ECU write denied." when I try to add new tunes or anything on Open flash manager, it tells me the tablets never been married to a vehicle. I've put in a support ticket on the OFT website but who knows how long that'll take...ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much in advance!
Zaraia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 10:01 PM   #2
PetrolioBenzina

Drives: 17 86
Thanked 1,133 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaraia View Post
Long story short, I plugged in my OFT and its been AGES since. It updated and now when I plug it into the car it says "ERROR" "tuning file mismatching, ECU write denied." when I try to add new tunes or anything on Open flash manager, it tells me the tablets never been married to a vehicle. I've put in a support ticket on the OFT website but who knows how long that'll take...ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much in advance!
I've been disabling my internet connection when using the OFT manager, I got tired of it taking forever to do whatever it was doing. I hope you get your problem fixed!
PetrolioBenzina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PetrolioBenzina For This Useful Post:
Zaraia (08-25-2020)
Old 08-26-2020, 04:22 PM   #3
elBarto

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Somebody posted this problem in the OFT Support group (FaceBook) and after alot of trail and error this was a working solution (for him). Don't know if it will work for you:

Quote:
Requires an email to OpenFlash so they can put your serial # on the list (that's the way it sounds anyway)... Here's the email I got:

First, navigate to "C:/Openflash"
In this directory, look for a FOLDER named as your OFT serial number: E0040100XXXXXXXX
If this folder exists, please connect your OFT and launch Openflash Manager. This *should* successfully recover your OFT. If the folder does not exist, or your OFT is still not working properly, read on.
Please download and install the software found here -> http://www.alientech.to/xnote/sw/pwg...overySetup.exe

Disable any anti virus or firewall/internet connection blocking software
Connect your OFT to your PC via the USB cable,
Launch the software you've downloaded from this email.
Choose "Check Unique File". NOTE: If you see no error messages, and no messages indicating 'this devices is not authorized for recovery", then choose the Recovery button when prompted.
After the software is done, you should witness a success message window.
Choose OK, and then close the software.
Without disconnecting, launch Openflash Manager, and allow the software to finalize any updates as needed.
When the update window disappears, close OpenFlash Manager.
Disconnect your OFT USB cable, and then reconnect.
Re-launch OpenFlash Manager.
After OpenFlash Manager loads again, take a look at your OFT screen. What do you see as the background image?

1. If your image is black/missing, then you'll need to update you template file before the OFT is ready to you.
Download the proper template for your OFT, and go to the Template tab in Openflash manager. Choose the brwose button and select the template file you've downloaded. Select "Start". Allow this operation to finish.
If your OFT background images is "normal" (not a black background - then your OFT should be ready to use.

Lastly, the recovery software will only run successfully one time for any unique (authorized) serial number. Uninstall the recovery software from your PC when finished.
*credit goes to Caleb J Yam*

Link to the FB post
Old 08-26-2020, 05:04 PM   #4
PetrolioBenzina

Drives: 17 86
Thanked 1,133 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elBarto View Post
Somebody posted this problem in the OFT Support group (FaceBook) and after alot of trail and error this was a working solution (for him). Don't know if it will work for you:
*credit goes to Caleb J Yam*
Link to the FB post
One "internet" to the person who can find the correct template file on the OFT site.
PetrolioBenzina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 04:33 PM   #5
elBarto

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolioBenzina View Post
One "internet" to the person who can find the correct template file on the OFT site.
There ya go:

OFT Templates

V1 is for the first generation tablet
V2 is for the newer one with the bigger screen