follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 02-13-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
2020-2021 Norcal86 Board Nominations

Norcal86 is operated by a publicly elected board of directors. This leaves the group accountable to the community as that is why we are here in the first place. We have had a dedicated group for a few years and I can't thank them all enough. Some have elected not to run again to allow fresh faces and new ideas into leadership. So please post your nominations or if you would like to run yourself. Current board members are automatically included (except those that expressed otherwise).

Current board:

President: Jonah aka Finch @finch1750 (Central Valley)

Board members:
Nicolas @Kapla (South Bay)
Bryan @PRKR8NGR (South Bay)
Trevor @MisterSheep (East Bay)
Josh @spike021 (no longer on board)

Board member responsibilities include: planning and running various annual events such as Summer Kickoff and 86Day, assisting with local meets if/as needed, being a positive influence in the community and representing FT86 owners in a positive light at all times, and of course, all other duties as assigned.

If you have anyone you think would be a good candidate or think you yourself would be a good candidate please post up with a statement. Please specify if you would like to run for President or for a general board position. If you have any questions on duties please post here or PM a current board member.

The terms will be from March 2019 to February 28, 2020.

Nominations will take place until 11:59pm on Friday 2/21

Elections will take place immediately afterwards via poll posted on this regional forum. Top 4 vote getters will be elected to the board. The Presidential election is separate and the top vote getter will be elected.

The President is required to put a $100 investment into the club. Each member is required to put a $50 investment into the club. This is returnable by request upon leaving your position at the end of your term

Nominations so far:

President:
Jonah aka Finch @finch1750

Board:
Trevor @MisterSheep
Nicolas @Kapla
Bryan @PRKR8NGR\
Ivan @Xeron (South Bay)

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David

Last edited by finch1750; 02-20-2020 at 04:49 PM.
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to finch1750 For This Useful Post:
doggieboy09 (02-20-2020)
Old 02-19-2020, 08:24 PM   #2
Xeron

Drives: 2019 BRZ Series.Gray
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi there.

First of all I want to say thank you to our President and all current / previous board members for the time they dedicated to the community, for all meetups, drives and events we had.

Thank you!

And to the matter of this thread – I nominame myself (LOL). General board position.

My name is Ivan. I'm from South San Jose. I've got my car a bit more than a year ago and immediatelly went to the local meetup. You may remember me as the guy with one of the first Series.Gray BRZ. I may not be the most active person on FT86-related social media groups but I've been to almost all South Bay Area meetups in 2019, helped a bit with cooking during the last Summer Kickoff and went to multiple organized events like Canepa, Pie run and Pescadero / Half Moon Bay drive. I really enjoyed being there and I'd love to be helpful if possible.

Now I'll be open with my cons as well – I don't have much experience with stuff like that but I believe I can handle it with the help of others. I also have a less than 2 years old son who of course needs a lot of parents' attention so I may not be available sometimes. And I also have short memory for people's names which is probably unacceptable for a board member
Xeron is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xeron For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (02-20-2020)
Old 02-20-2020, 01:11 AM   #3
Pish
#teamswagoi

Drives: 2014 Raven FR-S Monogram
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Any perks with the role?
Pish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:06 AM   #4
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pish View Post
Any perks with the role?
You get to show up early to summer kickoff but get to eat last

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
The Following User Says Thank You to finch1750 For This Useful Post:
Pish (02-25-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 09:02 PM   #5
honey86

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
Norcal86 is operated by a publicly elected board of directors. This leaves the group accountable to the community as that is why we are here in the first place. We have had a dedicated group for a few years and I can't thank them all enough. Some have elected not to run again to allow fresh faces and new ideas into leadership. So please post your nominations or if you would like to run yourself. Current board members are automatically included (except those that expressed otherwise).

Current board:

President: Jonah aka Finch @finch1750 (Central Valley)

Board members:
Nicolas @Kapla (South Bay)
Bryan @PRKR8NGR (South Bay)
Trevor @MisterSheep (East Bay)
Josh @spike021 (no longer on board)

Board member responsibilities include: planning and running various annual events such as Summer Kickoff and 86Day, assisting with local meets if/as needed, being a positive influence in the community and representing FT86 owners in a positive light at all times, and of course, all other duties as assigned.

If you have anyone you think would be a good candidate or think you yourself would be a good candidate please post up with a statement. Please specify if you would like to run for President or for a general board position. If you have any questions on duties please post here or PM a current board member.

The terms will be from March 2019 to February 28, 2020.

Nominations will take place until 11:59pm on Friday 2/21

Elections will take place immediately afterwards via poll posted on this regional forum. Top 4 vote getters will be elected to the board. The Presidential election is separate and the top vote getter will be elected.

The President is required to put a $100 investment into the club. Each member is required to put a $50 investment into the club. This is returnable by request upon leaving your position at the end of your term

Nominations so far:

President:
Jonah aka Finch @finch1750

Board:
Trevor @MisterSheep
Nicolas @Kapla
Bryan @PRKR8NGR\
Ivan @Xeron (South Bay)
Is it too late to be added to the nomination list? Lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
honey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:21 PM   #6
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey86 View Post
Is it too late to be added to the nomination list? Lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
No. Just hadnt gotten to it yet. Will update it tonight. Look out for the voting thread this weekend