follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #57
Subie
Seņor Member

Drives: 2013 SSM DZE BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC BRZ View Post
If they're backed up with deliveries its normal. They prob only have a couple prep guys. Memorial day weekend is usually packed with deliveries BUT I would make sure that they aren't scheduling test drives lol. I don't think they would but you never know.
I'm heavily skeptical of car dealerships these days after all the things I've read here and elsewhere. I would still confirm that this is the reason for the delay and that the car is being treated as a sold vehicle. When you ask the dealership about it be sure that they are the ones giving the reason for the delay; i.e. don't ask them if the delay is due to the memorial day weekend, ask them why it's taking so long without filling in the blanks.
Subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #58
Phaedrus29

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie View Post
I'm heavily skeptical of car dealerships these days after all the things I've read here and elsewhere. I would still confirm that this is the reason for the delay and that the car is being treated as a sold vehicle. When you ask the dealership about it be sure that they are the ones giving the reason for the delay; i.e. don't ask them if the delay is due to the memorial day weekend, ask them why it's taking so long without filling in the blanks.
They did say that there's no crew in today because of the holiday. So they are unable to get anything done today or set things up for tomorrow. They did recommend that I schedule to have paint sealing done, which worries me a bit.
Phaedrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #59
Subie
Seņor Member

Drives: 2013 SSM DZE BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus29 View Post
They did say that there's no crew in today because of the holiday. So they are unable to get anything done today or set things up for tomorrow. They did recommend that I schedule to have paint sealing done, which worries me a bit.
That would worry me, too. Make sure you're not being charged for it or any other dealer add-ons!
Subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #60
Filipino Royale
Got Rice?

Drives: 37J BRZ-L
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Dealer: Bill Kolb Subaru
State: NY
Trim: Limited
Color: SWP
Trans: MT
They Only gave me order number which is I'm excited, then found out that every body has one, they "said" im number 5(when I ordered) then when I called 5/20 I'm number 1 now, because of the trim and color. The email said my brz is "inbound list" and waiting to be serialized. All I want is to get the vin I don't care if I don't get it this June. As lOng as its coming!
Old 05-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #61
benjoke

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdpboss View Post
Any of You guys got the popular package installed on to your car?
I never asked for it, how would you negotiate the car with these accessories if the dealership already promised you for MSRP price?

Thanks!
I'm in the same situation pdpboss. I just called my local dealer last Friday and they said my timing was right because it's just that day that they knew they were even being allocated (they are a small dealership). I really wanted a Premium but they are getting a Limited with the Popular Package B and so I grabbed it. Is it the same to you that's why your stuck with the package?
benjoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #62
yajin

Drives: CBS BRZ(12-), S13(95-97)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yajin View Post
Date Ordered: 3/4/12
Dealer: Haldeman Subaru
State: New Jersey
Trim: Limited
Color: Crystal Black Silica
Trans: 6MT

1 of 3

Called SOA in the morning on May 22nd with no luck....

Just called SOA again. No updates, just "WAIT LIST".....
I am very tired now,,,, just need to be more patient.....

Somehow, the whole batch of CBSs to the east coast area gets stuck somewhere? or just for me?
Anybody got VINs for CBS?
yajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #63
groucho

Drives: '65 Lotus Elan, '05 Elise, '22 BRZ
Quote:
Just called SOA again. No updates, just "WAIT LIST".....
I am very tired now,,,, just need to be more patient.....

Somehow, the whole batch of CBSs to the east coast area gets stuck somewhere? or just for me?
Anybody got VINs for CBS?
I don't think SOA would know, if you're in NJ... it'd be SDC or the other distributor, I think.

My dealership has two black BRZs on the way; I think one in one shipment and another in a second coming a few days later. (The top two listed appeared some time after the bottom five.) Based on what we've seen so far, I really doubt that color is affecting how quickly the cars are delivered.

http://www.vanbortelsubaru.net/new-i...ventoryListing

Formerly '13 DGM 6MT BRZ Limited
groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to groucho For This Useful Post:
yajin (05-29-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #64
yajin

Drives: CBS BRZ(12-), S13(95-97)
Quote:
Originally Posted by groucho View Post
I don't think SOA would know, if you're in NJ... it'd be SDC or the other distributor, I think.

My dealership has two black BRZs on the way; I think one in one shipment and another in a second coming a few days later. (The top two listed appeared some time after the bottom five.) Based on what we've seen so far, I really doubt that color is affecting how quickly the cars are delivered.

http://www.vanbortelsubaru.net/new-i...ventoryListing

Thanks a lot for sharing the info from your dealership. Really hope mine is also in another shipment.

BTW, my dealer is under SOA. NJ might be divided somewhere.
Also, they told me that Subaru builds the BRZs in pool of trims/colors. But you are right, the assembly schedule doesn't have to match with the shipments.....
yajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #65
sure74

Drives: 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
BTW, my dealer is under SOA. NJ might be divided somewhere.
Also, they told me that Subaru builds the BRZs in pool of trims/colors. But you are right, the assembly schedule doesn't have to match with the shipments.....
I think SDC is northern NJ.
sure74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #66
pdpboss

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjoke View Post
I'm in the same situation pdpboss. I just called my local dealer last Friday and they said my timing was right because it's just that day that they knew they were even being allocated (they are a small dealership). I really wanted a Premium but they are getting a Limited with the Popular Package B and so I grabbed it. Is it the same to you that's why your stuck with the package?
I went in April to put a deposit, but the dealership told me they will not know the color/trim/and etc. No allocation slot available. Pretty much similar to you + 2 months of wait.

Were you able to negotiate anything off the popular package?
pdpboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #67
benjoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdpboss View Post
I went in April to put a deposit, but the dealership told me they will not know the color/trim/and etc. No allocation slot available. Pretty much similar to you + 2 months of wait.

Were you able to negotiate anything off the popular package?
When I told my sales agent if we can get rid of the popular package before it get's delivered he said "I can't do anyhting about it". I'm guessing since it's a port-installed option and the vehicle was only being allocated to them (not pre-ordered by anyone) then I'm stuck with it.

I will try to negotiate the price of the popular package although I highly doubt they will budge. I guess I'm lucky enough to get it at MSRP and the accessory package is at least another good way for the dealer to profit.

Let me know how it goes for you and I'll do the same. Just called SoA this morning my ETA is June 11
Old 05-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #68
pdpboss

Drives: 2013 BRZ
ok! Will do! Good luck!

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
pdpboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:28 AM   #69
wrbbrz

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Called SOA today, still nothing new for my car. But I talked to my dealership and they are getting an non-preordered BRZ in June, but none that match their 3 preordered cars. SO FRUSTRATING!!
wrbbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #70
benjoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbbrz View Post
Called SOA today, still nothing new for my car. But I talked to my dealership and they are getting an non-preordered BRZ in June, but none that match their 3 preordered cars. SO FRUSTRATING!!
It seems like non-preordered units come in first before the preordered ones. Hang on in there!

Is your dealer selling their 3 allocations at MSRP?