follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
sure74

Drives: 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Premium
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Subaru Distributors Corp

Best I can tell, Subaru Distributors Corp (SDC) serves NY, Northern NJ and possibly 1 or 2 dealers in CT. If your dealer gets their cars from SDC you didn't get a VON (like the SoA cars) and you can't call SoA for updates (your order wont be in their system).

Instead of going crazy watching the SoA members getting VINs and wondering why we didn't and what that means to our cars it may be a better idea to get together a list of all the members that ordered from SDC dealers and see what they have heard so far.
sure74 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sure74 For This Useful Post:
grst1 (05-10-2012)
Old 05-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
sure74

SDC Dealers

New York
Riverhead Bay Subaru in Riverhead, NY
Koeppel Subaru in Long Island City, NY

New Jersey
Liberty Subaru in Emerson, NJ
Multi-Subaru in Union, NJ

Last edited by sure74; 05-10-2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Updating Dealers
Old 05-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
engee

Drives: Subaru
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Liberty Subaru in Emerson, NJ

My car is on the May Allocation. No word on date yet but dealer said the latest would be early June. No VIN as well.
engee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
pdpboss

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
koeppel subaru, long island city, ny
NO UPDATES. :T
pdpboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
grst1

Drives: '94 Ford Aspire
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Multi-Subaru in Union, NJ.

This is what I found out from the dealer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by grst1 View Post
Just got a call from the dealership. They said there are 2 ships coming into Boston harbor on May 19-20th and May 31st. They are not sure which boat my car will be on. And it will take about a week to get down to NJ. Yay! I am hoping for the first boat!
One more person who are#3 at the same dealership is expecting his car to arrive on one of those boats too. So I assume a lot of New England, NY and NJ cars will be on those boats! I have Red 6MT Limited on order.
They also mentioned that they don't know which boat it is on, since they don't have VIN yet for my car. Once they have it - they will know which boat it is on.
I will be going to the dealer to do some paperwork an trade in evaluation on Monday will update with what I find out!
grst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
dookie11

Drives: Girls crazy with his booty
Quote:
Originally Posted by sure74 View Post
Best I can tell, Subaru Distributors Corp (SDC) serves NY, Northern NJ and possibly 1 or 2 dealers in CT. If your dealer gets their cars from SDC you didn't get a VON (like the SoA cars) and you can't call SoA for updates (your order wont be in their system).

Instead of going crazy watching the SoA members getting VINs and wondering why we didn't and what that means to our cars it may be a better idea to get together a list of all the members that ordered from SDC dealers and see what they have heard so far.
This post made me dizzy cuz of the lack of commas hahaha. Good info though
Old 05-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #7
sure74

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie11 View Post
This post made me dizzy cuz of the lack of commas hahaha. Good info though
I'll have to owe you.

Last I heard from my dealer (Riverhead Bay Subaru) was that they received a call asking if my BRZ had any accessories to be added. There are a few people with SDC dealers that heard the same.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
RedArmy
Subaru Aficionado

Drives: 2013 DGM 6MT Subaru BRZ
Send a message via AIM to RedArmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sure74 View Post
Last I heard from my dealer (Riverhead Bay Subaru) was that they received a call asking if my BRZ had any accessories to be added. There are a few people with SDC dealers that heard the same.
Yup, me being one of them!
RedArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
groucho

Drives: '65 Lotus Elan, '05 Elise, '22 BRZ
I got an email from my salesman on Tuesday double-checking what accessories I wanted. I thought it was pretty strange that the PDF list of port-installed accessories lists carpeted floor mats, yet shows them as standard on all models. So... why would we want them port-installed?

The PDF also shows the chrome trim as $119 (vs $99 on Subaru's website), and says "2012MY Forester Port Accessories" down in the corner.

Anyway, hopefully this means that my car is imminent!
groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #10
dookie11

Drives: Girls crazy with his booty
Quote:
Originally Posted by groucho View Post
I got an email from my salesman on Tuesday double-checking what accessories I wanted. I thought it was pretty strange that the PDF list of port-installed accessories lists carpeted floor mats, yet shows them as standard on all models. So... why would we want them port-installed?

The PDF also shows the chrome trim as $119 (vs $99 on Subaru's website), and says "2012MY Forester Port Accessories" down in the corner.

Anyway, hopefully this means that my car is imminent!
I always thought carpeted floor mats were normal in all cars... You mean we have to pay extra for theM??? oh helllzzz nawww!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #11
groucho

Well, I am waiting for them to come out with winter mats for 'em! It's got heated seats and mirrors, and this will be my daily driver all year 'round... gotta be ready for the white stuff!

I'm sure that regular carpeted mats will be standard, as the PDF claims. $70 for another set if you wanted them!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #12
grst1

Drives: '94 Ford Aspire
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
SDC = Subaru Distributor Corp is THE worst PERIOD. No VON when I ordered the car. They told my dealership that they are getting 5 cars on 2 ships coming soon (May 21, 31st) but won't know which car on which ship (full VIN) until they clear the customs... Once they are unloaded from the ship dealership get last 8 digits of the VIN. And SoA can ONLY get info from what dealer knows.
Next time I will drive to southern NJ if I buy another Subaru, so I am dealing with SoA directly.
grst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #13
groucho

That can't be right; my dealership is claiming that they'll receive *seven* in the May allotment. Surely there are more than five on the ship.

Formerly '13 DGM 6MT BRZ Limited
Old 05-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
sure74

Quote:
Originally Posted by grst1 View Post
SDC = Subaru Distributor Corp is THE worst PERIOD. No VON when I ordered the car. They told my dealership that they are getting 5 cars on 2 ships coming soon (May 21, 31st) but won't know which car on which ship (full VIN) until they clear the customs... Once they are unloaded from the ship dealership get last 8 digits of the VIN. And SoA can ONLY get info from what dealer knows.
Next time I will drive to southern NJ if I buy another Subaru, so I am dealing with SoA directly.
I agree, I had no idea that there was anything other than SoA before ordering this car. I do however like my dealership and I understand that this is not their fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by groucho View Post
That can't be right; my dealership is claiming that they'll receive *seven* in the May allotment. Surely there are more than five on the ship.
Probably meant 5 cars for his dealership, not all of SDC.