follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #85
Syldrin
Troll Feeder

Drives: boosted scion tc.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
dunno. what would it be for? maybe it's a rewarding light that lights up when you drive eco friendly :P
Syldrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #86
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaros View Post
Dual zone, push button and navigation will be standard for the premium trim which is the mid-class version of the BRZ. This was stated in many other reviews.
They changed it...the premium BRZ has the same AC unit and cloth seats like the FRS. Push Button Start is only in the limited models. Both models will have 17 inch wheels. It's starting to look like a FRS with a 6.1 inch navigation system but it does have the HIDS with LED DRL's.

You get all the good stuff in the limited BRZ.

Limited adds:
leather and Alcantara Seats
heated seats
dual-zone climate control
keyless push button start

Remember Subaru has to differentiate between the premium and the limited....

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/05/2...-drive-review/

When the BRZ goes on sale next March it will come standard with navigation, the 6.1-inch display, 196-watt AM/FM/single CD stereo, iPod and USB connections and Bluetooth, and heated mirrors. Options will be few, namely convenience items like the leather and Alcantara buckets, heated seats, dual-zone climate control and keyless access.
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #87
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgrinch View Post
What? Are you even reading my post? Here is exactly what I said, which clearly shows that push to start is not a must have for me (notice the word wasn't), but for those that are interested in this option, they are going to be disappointed that this might not be an option on the FRS. Hope this clears up your confusion.
Wow people fighting over an option that should be standard. This is not 1986 it's almost 2012. All cars should have keyless push button start. Makes it more convenient. For some of us, it just makes the car cooler plus everybody else in the world can have that option but us?

I think there will be an option...hell the scion tC release 7.0 has it.

Don't hate on the people who just want a loaded frs like the high spec 86.

There is still 6 months to go and obviously scion has not made up their mind on what is standard and what is options.
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #88
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
Don't hate on the people who just want a loaded frs like the high spec 86..
Best quote on this thread
Zgrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:30 PM   #89
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
Wow people fighting over an option that should be standard. This is not 1986 it's almost 2012. All cars should have keyless push button start. Makes it more convenient. For some of us, it just makes the car cooler plus everybody else in the world can have that option but us?

I think there will be an option...hell the scion tC release 7.0 has it.

Don't hate on the people who just want a loaded frs like the high spec 86.

There is still 6 months to go and obviously scion has not made up their mind on what is standard and what is options.
a) Why? It isn't that convenient like say, power windows. is it that hard to turn a key?
b) I'm willing to be the RS FR-S will have "high spec" interior trim
c) Why not just a BRZ if the interior options are that important? This is why most are fed up of the incessant whinging. because it is available.
d) Scions offer accessories, not options. Your option is Auto/Manual
The 'FT' stands for 'forgot topic'.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #90
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
The problem is if the FRS is loaded like the 86 it Costs money, SCION is MONO spec which means if it comes loaded then yes kiss the hopes for 22k good bye and start aiming at 25k 26k 27k. which everyone here has established that 80% are not willing to pay for that, the people who care represent the 5% that is willing to pay, yes fricken 5%. The rest don't care and are swayed either way.

I say if push start etc are standard and raises the price beyond what the masses wants then make it an option/acc don't make it standard and raise the price.

hell at 25K SELL ME A DAMN Toyota 86 not a Scion.

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #91
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
The problem is if the FRS is loaded like the 86 it Costs money, SCION is MONO spec which means if it comes loaded then yes kiss the hopes for 22k good bye and start aiming at 25k 26k 27k. which everyone here has established that 80% are not willing to pay for that, the people who care represent the 5% that is willing to pay, yes fricken 5%. The rest don't care and are swayed either way.

I say if push start etc are standard and raises the price beyond what the masses wants then make it an option/acc don't make it standard and raise the price.

hell at 25K SELL ME A DAMN Toyota 86 not a Scion.
I do not think the 5% here are asking for all the options on the GT86 to come standard on the FRS base model, which would indeed drive up the cost and make it unaffordable for other 95%. Rather, I think the 5% are hoping somehow that the missing options are at least offered as upgrade options to the base package. If Scion used this model, everyone would be happy.

I am one of those 5% who would like these options, and would love to walk out of a Scion dealership sometime this spring with a dark grey FRS fully loaded like a GT86 - there, I've made my request.

So, given the sheer backlash of negative posts, I yield to the 95% with my commited silence going forward on this specfic topic.
Zgrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #92
Ikaros
Solar wind surfer

Drives: 2013 FRS
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgrinch View Post
I do not think the 5% here are asking for all the options on the GT86 to come standard on the FRS base model, which would indeed drive up the cost and make it unaffordable for other 95%. Rather, I think the 5% are hoping somehow that the missing options are at least offered as upgrade options to the base package. If Scion used this model, everyone would be happy.

I am one of those 5% who would like these options, and would love to walk out of a Scion dealership sometime this spring with a dark grey FRS fully loaded like a GT86 - there, I've made my request.

So, given the sheer backlash of negative posts, I yield to the 95% with my commited silence going forward on this specfic topic.
Well said, it's not like the 5% are heartless millionaires who wants to ruin the car for the other 95% it's just the fact that Scion didn't mention the possibility of having those luxury options that everyone else around the world gets. That plus Scions business model makes the likelihood of getting these option very low. Like what someone said earlier, Scion sells accessories not options.

Now the RS for the tC this yeah had pushbutton, so it is very likely we might get a high spec 86 as our RS, but that also means all the cars will be the same colour. Which kinda sucks if you don't like say purple exterior and yellow stitching.
Ikaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #93
miata

Drives: 2006 Miata 5 spd
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
All I want in my FRS...

Base price: $22,500. (can't cost more than Miata because everyone knows it costs more to make a convertible)
6 spd man.
leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.

I wish they would offer the base model with steel wheels for people who will upgrade with aftermarket wheels for $700 discount. Personally, FRS will look the best with 18" wheels. 17" look too small.
miata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #94
chulooz
Registered you sir

Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miata View Post
All I want in my FRS...

Base price: $22,500. (can't cost more than Miata because everyone knows it costs more to make a convertible)
6 spd man.
leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.

I wish they would offer the base model with steel wheels for people who will upgrade with aftermarket wheels for $700 discount. Personally, FRS will look the best with 18" wheels. 17" look too small.
Logical argument not found?
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:22 AM   #95
miata

Drives: 2006 Miata 5 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulooz View Post
Logical argument not found?
Oh, I thought it has been widely accepted that Miata is the primary competitor for FRS....
miata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:37 AM   #96
2fast4you

Drives: 2006 Scion tC RS 2.0
Quote:
Oh, I thought it has been widely accepted that Miata is the primary competitor for FRS....
Not really. The MX-5 is a great car, and the FR-S/BRZ may be competitors on the track, but I haven't seen anyone cross-shopping the Miata as a daily driver. I don't want a convertible, and I need the ability to carry 3 passengers, 4 racing tires, or a mountain bike.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:09 AM   #97
chulooz
Registered you sir

Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
"Everyone knows it costs more to make a convertible" was your issue, that is just not true; especially when being developed from scratch.
chulooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #98
Ribface

Drives: 2014 FR-S Hot Lava
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4you View Post
... , but I haven't seen anyone cross-shopping the Miata as a daily driver.
Funny you would say that, I know a few people who are looking at both the MX-5 and FR-S for a daily driver, me included.

Not everyone has the same requirements. In my case I want a modern affordable lightweight RWD car.
My preference goes to the FR-S for the added practicality and Torsen but if I could get a new MX-5 with a Torsen for the same price it might be a different story.
Ribface is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr-s forum, fr-s forums, fr-s reviews, frs forum, frs forums, frs review, scion fr-s forum, scion fr-s forums, scion fr-s review, scion fr-s reviews, scion frs forum, scion frs forums, scion frs review, scion frs reviews