follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 09-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #15
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Would that eBay cable also work on the BRZ? I had my dealer jack their computer in and we disabled all the beeps but couldn't do the lock thing with it. Did that with the above procedure however.

Not sure if the software they used was the same as the Toyota. He had a box that plugged into the car, then his laptop plugged into the box. Not sure what it was.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #16
NotSoJDM

Drives: '13 BRZ | '04 E55
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper4mance View Post
To clarify this is all done (lock/unlock) with the remote?
Yes. Get in car. Close door. Hold both buttons on remote until beep outside car is heard. Let go. Test.
NotSoJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NotSoJDM For This Useful Post:
gmookher (09-28-2012), omfg5041 (08-25-2015)
Old 09-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #17
86KEEBS
DRIFT

Drives: Raven FRS 6mt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Is there any way to get both doors to unlock at the same time on the frs? I tried the procedure above with no luck. Also, how to get the windows to roll up when doors are locked.. Read somewhere that it can be done, but not sure how. I guess techstream would be usefull for me! Haha
86KEEBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #18
michaelahess

All I did was open door, stand outside, hold lock and unlock for 5 seconds till it beeped. That was all it took. As for the second...you mean when you get out and lock it you want it to be your nanny and roll up the windows? I get on my kids' case about this all the time, they can never roll up their own damn windows before I stop, pet peeve of mine.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #19
86KEEBS
DRIFT

Garage
Ok I'll try that. Might be different with brz and frs? And ya, the wife knows how the window goes down but hasn't figured out how to put it back up! Haha
Old 09-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #20
86KEEBS
DRIFT

Garage
Tried that and it just beeps continuesly. Frs system must be different
Old 09-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #21
michaelahess

I'd think the lock mechanism would be the same. When at the dealer, we switched the Subaru to Toyota and saw the same options, though that was not one of them on either strangely enough.

Know how I fixed my wife? Just turned off the car to "on" position and sat there. She kept asking what I was doing. After about 10 times she figured it out, haven't had an issue with her since! Kids are another matter...
Old 09-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #22
michaelahess

Try it at 10 seconds, 15, 20, all the way past thirty, see if any of those does it. Car is off btw right?
Old 09-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #23
86KEEBS
DRIFT

Garage
Hahaha good tip for teaching the wife! They never listen anyway, so make her learn on her own is good! I've tried all sorts of different methods. Engine off. Key in hand. Beeps for about 5 sec. I held for a min. Still nothing. Tried having driver door open the pass door.. Still nothing!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #24
michaelahess

Man I don't know, must be something different, sorry. Hopefully someone else has the answer.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #25
86KEEBS
DRIFT

Garage
Thanks for the ideas anyway!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:24 AM   #26
michael317

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86KEEBS View Post
Tried that and it just beeps continuesly. Frs system must be different
frs will not work because they do not offer smart access.
as my op this was meant to be for all the brz owners that has smart access that would like both door lock unlock when approaching either door without using the remote buttons.
i will take a picture of all the customized that need tech stream to change. i will do it when i drive the brz to work sometime next week.
few things i can think off the top of my head
headlight being on after car is turn off. default setting is at 30 sec (you can change the time or turn it off completely as in once engine is shut off headlight turns off)
seat belt ( you can turn off the chime if you dont have your seatbelt on)
unlocking all door with pushing the unlock botton (default is set at 2 times)
i will just take a pic so ppl can see what they want to change if they went to a dealer
mike
michael317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #27
michaelahess

I'd think there'd still be a way, never had a car with keyless entry that didn't have that option. Though I'm confused as after making my setting the car unlocks both doors as I open it, not when I get near it (that sounds like an unsafe idea.)

The FR-S does have keyless entry right? Just not the smart-key I thought.

I had to take my 06 Dodge in to get the feature enabled, all other vehicles I've had with it I could enable driver or both door unlock with one press via some procedure.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:36 AM   #28
michael317

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelahess View Post
I'd think there'd still be a way, never had a car with keyless entry that didn't have that option. Though I'm confused as after making my setting the car unlocks both doors as I open it, not when I get near it (that sounds like an unsafe idea.)

The FR-S does have keyless entry right? Just not the smart-key I thought.

I had to take my 06 Dodge in to get the feature enabled, all other vehicles I've had with it I could enable driver or both door unlock with one press via some procedure.
the smart access is the one with a push start. there are lock and unlock button on the smart key. those buttons are funtional if you want to use them. smart access is just a system where it allow you not to use those buttons if you dont want to. smart access is a system that make ppl lazy or make it easier for them. they can keep the key in the pocket and when you are close to your car the car unlock. when i say close i mean close enough for you to grab the handle and by the time you grab the handle the door will lock. hence making your entry easier without using the buttons on the remote. and once inside the cabin you can start the car without a push of the button. (depressing the clutch if you have mt or depressing the brake pedel if you have an at)
frs uses the regular method of if you need to get in the car you push the unlock button. you push it once it will lock the driver door. you push it twice it unlocks both doors. you can go to the dealer and have that setting change where you push the unlock button once and both door will lock. BUT you will need to go to dealership for that feature.
I wrote this intial post is for those ppl that has smart access and dont want to go to dealer to change setting. they can avoid the trip and hassle where you can do it yourself.
But in your case, you will need to go to dealer for change that setting
michael317 is offline   Reply With Quote