follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 07-13-2022, 08:59 AM   #1
Compelica

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bleeding the ABS module

I'm trying to see how this procedure fits in after changing brake fluids or working on something brake related - I don't see technicians doing this often, or even at all.

Most guides specify that the ABS bleeding procedure be done (via dealer tool or shorting certain pins on the OBD2 connector) prior to bleeding the lines. To note, even the service manual does not specify ABS module bleeding as a step.

I performed this procedure (although without bleeding the lines after) and the pedal immediately felt much stiffer. It would only need a light tap on the brake pedal to get the same amount of stop as compared previously.

I then measured the brake pressure at full press - previously the system would only manage 11MPa, after the procedure was done it was now at 13MPa. Of course no one would be applying that much pressure at that level, but it shows that more pressure can now be transmitted to the brakes which is a good thing.

Has anyone performed this procedure as well when bleeding brakes?
Old 06-08-2023, 11:52 PM   #2
J4RF
S🅱️inalla

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ [WRB]
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How did you go about bleeding the ABS system?
J4RF is offline   Reply With Quote