follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 06-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #1
elbles

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reverse Lockout Collar Roll Pin - Dimensions?

While installing a Perrin reverse lockout collar, I managed to mangle the stock roll pin to the point where it only worked when it was about halfway in.

I managed to find a temporary replacement at a auto parts store, but it's a little smaller in diameter than factory--the pin stays in place, but it's relatively easy to push out with a 3/32" punch. A 3/32" roll pin looks substantially larger than factory, but the other sizes I tried seemed too small.

One might think the size is metric, but it looks to be exactly 1" in length.

In any case... for those who can't replace the roll pin with something that's threaded, any ideas as to the size of this piece?

I've found a few sets online, but they seem to start around $40, when I just need one pin.
elbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
nyfries

Drives: 14 FRS Whiteout
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
don't know where to get them. but a tip for you when you attempt to install the reverse lockout again. put the car in reverse when you install it. the pin stay where it is and doesn't drop down.
nyfries is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nyfries For This Useful Post:
unsurety (06-03-2014)
Old 06-02-2014, 10:40 PM   #3
elbles

Ha, thanks. I actually had it in reverse when putting the new collar on, but I think I messed the original pin up when removing it.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:58 AM   #4
unsurety
aeiou

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Yeah... installing it was an unexpected PITA. I also tried finding the part # in the Toyota catalog but had trouble finding just the pin... it may not be available separately from the lever assembly. Any other dealership parts guys wanna help? heh.

The pin came out easily, but what I had trouble with most was getting the shift boot over the lockout collar! I also gouged my new lockout trying to put the pin back in, but I used a rag and took it slower to guide it in the next go 'round.
unsurety is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to unsurety For This Useful Post:
elbles (06-04-2014)
Old 06-04-2014, 10:27 PM   #5
elbles

Yeah, I have the JPM Alcantara shift boot, and that was a bitch to get back over the collar too.

I can't say I'm horribly surprised that Subaru or Toyota can't sell just the pin (tried finding it on SubaruOnlineParts.com too, and couldn't), but it is a tad surprising that it doesn't seem to be a standard, easy-to-find size.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:22 AM   #6
HRTROB

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I had a look at mine and it looks like the rear pin of a Glock 21 Gen 4 (longer pin for attaching a backstrap) will fit. I'm just not sure if it's long enough
HRTROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 05:43 PM   #7
stig_iv

Drives: N/A
Garage
Resurrecting this thread, did anyone ever find it? Mine is mangled pretty bad after getting it out and really don’t want to deal with the pain of getting it out again
stig_iv is offline   Reply With Quote