follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 08-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #14981
spanky4177

Drives: 2013 Firestorm & WhiteOut FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky4177 View Post
Do you have pics of the wheels??? Might be interested to put them on my whiteout FR-S. :happy0180:
My bad. I found the pics on your original post
spanky4177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #14982
Sivtec

Drives: 12 Mitsu Evo X, 09 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Shadow View Post
I thought we talked about this. You are more than welcome in my second bedroom.
Lol I really don't remember... well sweet. thank you

-2013 Scion Raven FR-S
-2009 Honda Green/Black CBR600RR
Sivtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #14983
FR-Shadow

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivtec View Post
Lol I really don't remember... well sweet. thank you

hahah i was trying to get you drunk
Old 08-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #14984
spanky4177

Hey guys, I got pulled over the other day for illegal tint and having blue LED bulbs for my license plate lighting Anyone else get hassled for dark tint? And I thought it was only illegal to have blue/red lights on the front of your car?? The cop told me i cant have neons on the car and I said they were only Blue LED bulbs that replaced the old dim factory bulbs. Anyone know if this is true??
The Following User Says Thank You to spanky4177 For This Useful Post:
AzFranz (08-29-2013)
Old 08-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #14985
FR-Shadow

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Hey guys, I got pulled over the other day for illegal tint and having blue LED bulbs for my license plate lighting Anyone else get hassled for dark tint? And I thought it was only illegal to have blue/red lights on the front of your car?? The cop told me i cant have neons on the car and I said they were only Blue LED bulbs that replaced the old dim factory bulbs. Anyone know if this is true??
did you get ticketed?

How blue are they? Couldnt you argue they are bright LED that give off a hue?

As for tint...didnt think cops gave people a hard time for that in AZ, after all this sun sucks. What is your % tint?
Old 08-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #14986
redsuns03

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Boosted w/ JDL v2.1
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Tints are fine here in az as long as it's not 10pct on your front windshield. License plate lights I have no clue

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #14987
RedLeader

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I got pulled over once coming back to AZ from Cali. My tint on that car was 13% up front and 5% in the rear. It's hit or miss, DPS are ****s but most city cops don't care.

You are allowed only white and amber lights up front, amber corner markers on the sides, and red and amber lights in the rear. Anything else is technically illegal. Rear facing white lights are only for reverse lights and license plate lights (must be white).

Sent from...somewhere?
RedLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #14988
spanky4177

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Shadow View Post
did you get ticketed?

How blue are they? Couldnt you argue they are bright LED that give off a hue?

As for tint...didnt think cops gave people a hard time for that in AZ, after all this sun sucks. What is your % tint?

No ticket. The cop issued me a "Equipment repair order violation" form and told me i have 5 days to fix both issues.(not sure what happens if I ignore it) I tried explaining that they were only LED bulbs that were blue and actually illuminated my plate better than the standard bulbs. He said no they are Illegal But I cant find anywhere that states having different color license plate lighting is illegal?? My tint is 10%.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #14989
whaap

Drives: '13 FR-S firestorm, 6 mt - '11 CR-V
Thanked 1,387 Times in 657 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgary View Post
This is one of the things I miss the most about my previous car. I wish they'd do something like that for the twins. It solves the problem with the blind spot and keeps the magnification rate (for the most part) the same as the stock mirror.

Adjusting while driving is reckless and dangerous, though. I'd suggest that this adjustment be done with the car parked, following this procedure.
It's only reckless and dangerous if the operator is doing it recklessly and dangerously. If the operator knows how to use common sense it doesn't have to be.
whaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #14990
Ninjin

Drives: SWP BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
15,000!

Ninjin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ninjin For This Useful Post:
chrisbfrs (08-28-2013), evo4g63 (08-28-2013), jeffsides (08-28-2013), redsuns03 (08-28-2013), SMOKETREES (08-28-2013), SpyderMS (08-28-2013)
Old 08-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #14991
BRZSTIAZ

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
There is a limit to how dark your tint can be in the front. A cop made my brother peel the tint off the front windows before he would let him leave about 11 months ago. Most tinters will give you a reciept saying you fixed it to take into court though.
BRZSTIAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #14992
Boblhead

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZSTIAZ View Post
There is a limit to how dark your tint can be in the front. A cop made my brother peel the tint off the front windows before he would let him leave about 11 months ago. Most tinters will give you a reciept saying you fixed it to take into court though.
That cop sounds like a ****

sent from
Boblhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #14993
mattles
Proud of FR Layout

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I used to have 5% dark black all the way around on one of my old black cars, but since I got tired of being hassled for it-- so in the last 6 years Ive run varying hues of ceramic or metallic 15-25% film on all of my windows, no problems at all. Ive been pulled over in the FRS about 7 times since I bought it (all for speeding, go figure) and never been questioned once about my bronze-ish 17% film. I believe in arizona the law 'technically' states that your front side windows must allow atleast 25% of light to pass through, and there are no restrictions to the darkness of the film on rear windows.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #14994
chrisbfrs
2012 car of the year

Drives: Frontengine Reardrive-Sportcar
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsuns03 View Post
Tints are fine here in az as long as it's not 10pct on your front windshield. License plate lights I have no clue

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
Actually 15 % is the darkest you can go on your driver and passenger window. The windows in rear door and hatchback / rear window are allowed to go as dark as you want.
As for the windshield....you are not allowed to have any tint on the windshield. Most tint places won't do it, some will but say they aren't liable of you get pulled over.
On my Trans Am, I had 45% on the windshield and 5% rest of the way. I never got pulled over for it, but I would always roll windows down if I was driving next to johnny law.
So if a cop wants to you can be pulled over and given a fix it ticket for dark tint.
Also it's the cops discretion on the lights and tint if they feel like stopping you....most dont care....but some do.
If you get a fix it ticket from the lights and feel you are not in the wrong take pictures of the lights amd present them to judge.
I got out of a ticket for not having license plate light because one of the 2 lights was burnt out. I took pics of my one still working LP light and showed Judge.
A funny thing that happened was the cop wrote on citation that I had no LP light, but the code for the violation he put down was for having wrong colored tail lights....The judge said he clearly sees red tail lights, yellow turn signals, and a white license plate light and that there is no violation here. So he dropped the case and even called the officer out for writing wrong violation down.

The officer that ticketed me was sitting behind me before the judge came in and I overheard him telling another cop that this is a waste of time for him and how "these people" just need to show their receipt for what they had fixed.
When he pulled me over and brought me out of car I asked of o could show him how one side of plate has a light but he just wanted to harrass me about my tattoos. Then brought k9 unit to search my car and said its standard procedure. Bull....ive never had k9 unit on any standard roadside pull over procedure. They didn't find anything because there was nothing illegal in my car....yet they said the K9 was "hitting" on the bushes next to my car, and they asked if I threw something out my window. Stupid cops were right behind me and my window was up. They would have seen me if I did. I said i have nothing to hide and to search the bushes of they want.
So since they couldnt get me for anything they gave me the ticket for no LP light.
Now who wasted who's time here?

Moderninktattoos.com

Tags
arizona, fr-s, mesa, phoenix, scion, tucson, we need a subforum