follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 10-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #29
ck-GT86

Drives: '13 Raven FR-S, MT
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZChix View Post
because of you, i called up and get my appointment for Thursday i will roll out on Saturday with tinted window. Should i do the windshield? he said don't do it plus, its a $100 extra! Any advice?
I might not make it to the event this Saturday, supposed to pick up my new vision glasses and there's a house-warming scheduled around 4-ish. Urgh!

.ck
ck-GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #30
BRZChix

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2013
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck-GT86 View Post
Not sure why he recommends AGAINST it. Rommel did mention it's a little difficult to do because of the curvature.

I liked having my windshield tinted when I had my BMW, its illegal as hell, but I dont care! Keeps the car cool, we all know how hot our legs can get with the sun beaming in.

If you want, we can meet up before Thursday. My office is in Sunnyvale, and I live near Canlas, take a look before your appointment.

.ck
He didn't exactly advise against it. I just ask him is it legal lol he said it depends on the cops. So I take it as maybe i should re-consider. Wish I got the deal for $250 with the windshield. I might end up doing it.

I had my appointment at 9AM on Friday. I think you said you live right across. I live on Capitol Ave. (one exit north) we are pretty close by. I can meet up with you Friday morning itself before your work. I work in Santa Clara but he said he can drop me at a starbuck or at my place.
BRZChix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #31
BRZChix

Quote:
I might not make it to the event this Saturday, supposed to pick up my new vision glasses and there's a house-warming scheduled around 4-ish. Urgh!

.ck
you really should come. it's only from 9 till like 2-3. You have plenty of time to make it back. you can't miss one of those photos where all our cars lined up looking all tinted and shiny we also plan a caravan from Milpitas too... It's gonna be really awesome.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #32
BRZChix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzKiMi View Post
Nice! I was planning to get mine detailed too before Saturday but no wash for 7 days and cant roll down windows for 2.

The thing that convinced me not to get it was cuz he was just on the phone with someone who needs to get their front windshield tint removed. Lol but we'll see I may change my mind later
I need to get my car washed I did scratch it a tiny bit trying to remove a spot last time. This time I will make sure to get it washed properly. I took it to a car wash one time and they did a horrible job on it...

Any advice on where you take your car for Wash and Detailed?

I still think I can do a good job. It just takes time
Old 10-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #33
ck-GT86

Quote:
He didn't exactly advise against it. I just ask him is it legal lol he said it depends on the cops. So I take it as maybe i should re-consider. Wish I got the deal for $250 with the windshield. I might end up doing it.

I had my appointment at 9AM on Friday. I think you said you live right across. I live on Capitol Ave. (one exit north) we are pretty close by. I can meet up with you Friday morning itself before your work. I work in Santa Clara but he said he can drop me at a starbuck or at my place.
Check your inbox.

.ck
Old 10-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #34
ck-GT86

Quote:
I need to get my car washed I did scratch it a tiny bit trying to remove a spot last time. This time I will make sure to get it washed properly. I took it to a car wash one time and they did a horrible job on it...

Any advice on where you take your car for Wash and Detailed?

I still think I can do a good job. It just takes time
Bubbles in Sunnyvale, or the hand-wash at Valero on Montague/Oakland. I haven't taken my car to either place since ownership, but I usually have with the BMW and FJ Cruiser. Right now, it's 1-bucket, 2-different sponges for hand washes out of my garage. Absolutely NO machines, hands-only

.ck
Old 10-16-2013, 01:15 AM   #35
ck-GT86

Quote:
Nice! I was planning to get mine detailed too before Saturday but no wash for 7 days and cant roll down windows for 2.

The thing that convinced me not to get it was cuz he was just on the phone with someone who needs to get their front windshield tint removed. Lol but we'll see I may change my mind later
Did Rommel tell you not to wash your car for 7 days? He told me don't touch the windows for a few days, nothing about washing though. My car has water streaks and what not from the tint, needs ANOTHER wash (I just washed it this past Saturday).

.ck
Old 10-16-2013, 01:38 AM   #36
MizzKiMi

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Did Rommel tell you not to wash your car for 7 days? He told me don't touch the windows for a few days, nothing about washing though. My car has water streaks and what not from the tint, needs ANOTHER wash (I just washed it this past Saturday).

.ck
Yeah he mentioned it, so did his son. And I think its also on the warranty that they give after. He said the moisture streaks will go away, just leave it as is. Sucks cuz mine needs a wash too.
MizzKiMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #37
ck-GT86

Quote:
Yeah he mentioned it, so did his son. And I think its also on the warranty that they give after. He said the moisture streaks will go away, just leave it as is. Sucks cuz mine needs a wash too.
I'm going to risk it and wash it down Friday. Gonna park my car outside in the sun until Friday, hopefully the heat will bake the tint so it'll be safe enough to wash.

.ck
Old 10-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #38
MizzKiMi

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm going to risk it and wash it down Friday. Gonna park my car outside in the sun until Friday, hopefully the heat will bake the tint so it'll be safe enough to wash.

.ck
Wash it friday morning, then let me know if it turns out ok so I'll wash mine after work.
MizzKiMi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
san jose, tinting, window, window tint