follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 08-02-2014, 01:14 AM   #1
NIKOLA

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Carbon Fiber Hood by Seibon or Carbon Creations?

Well, I'm in the market to get a carbon fiber hood. No reason other than looks and vents to allow all that damn heat in the engine bay to bleed out and keep things cooler.

I've always liked Seibon products though I have never seen them in person. Then I came across a hood from Carbon Creations that I liked as well. The Seibon hood that I like has 6 vents (TS style). Carbon Creations has a similar hood with 4 vents. The number of vents is of no matter to me. Both will allow plenty of heat to escape.

Above all I am interested in quality. Based on things I have read Seibon seems to be a quality product. The lines look good and match our cars very well. Are products by Carbon Creations also of a high standard of quality?

I would very much like to hear from anyone who has any product from these two vendors. How did the item you purchased look on the car? Were there any problems with "fit" and did you have any issues with shipping (something damaged perhaps)?

Regards,
Niko
Currently driving a Sprintex Supercharged FR-S in Ultramarine with an Invidia N1 Catback with Catless Front Pipe, Invidia Over Pipe, Injen Catless 4:1 EL Headers, Perrin Aluminum Drive Pulley & Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Driveshaft. Also, looking to upgrade wheels someday to Enkei PF01's (17x8's).
NIKOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:31 AM   #2
Teclis
Marine Electrician

Drives: Toyota TRD86, 2014
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Hi there Nikola

I got a Seibon Carbon VS style hood, and it looks AWESOME, and fitment is great!
BUT after my trip to the Nürburgring I have decided, that I will take it off and return to stock hood.... After the wheather here in Norway are going to get worse, and I don't want my engine bay messy all the time, and the fact that the hood want's to fly off the car when hitting 130km/h...

So if you are going to drive fast get HOOD PINS, or use duct tape for those days you are going to go faster than 125km/h...

Cheers
Old 08-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #3
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
The clear coat on those Seibon product loves to be eaten away by the sun, you'll have to either apply one your self or get it done.

I saw one of the hoods on our twins a while back, fitment was pretty good. OEM fitment on this car is horrible in the first place...
NIKOLA (08-04-2014)
Old 08-29-2014, 01:27 PM   #4
Extreme Dimensions

Drives: G35C .: S2000 .: Maxima .: AM .:
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
If you want a price on any of our Carbon Creations hoods let me know! we offer the best pricing out there
1-714-278-8000 EXT 17
andrew.bettridge@extremedimensions.com
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:24 AM   #5
STS-V
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
carbon creations is garbage. avoid at all cost.
STS-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:30 AM   #6
Ammonia

Drives: Whiteout FRS, Audi A4, 135i (sold)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by STS-V View Post
carbon creations is garbage. avoid at all cost.

Personal experience?
Old 08-31-2014, 11:59 AM   #7
STS-V
Banned

Yup. I ordered a complete body kit from them. not only did it arrive damaged, but the quality is the worse I've ever seen in 15 years of modifying cars. When I reached out to them to get replacements or refunds, they ignored me.

I had to go through my credit card company for a chargeback. Which I won, 100%, when I showed them the communication between us and how I was cut off once I said there was problems.

They never even replied to the chargeback, so after 90 days, I won it. Then they had the BALLS to redispute it with visa, which put it back on my credit card. I then won the dispute AGAIN when they looked over all the info. As a matter of fact, i was going to keep my mouth shut about the company once I won the chargeback and moved on. But since they wanted to redispute it months after ignoring myself and Visa, fuck them.
The Following User Says Thank You to STS-V For This Useful Post:
abraxis (08-31-2014)
Old 08-31-2014, 12:34 PM   #8
cdrazic93
Junior

Drives: a car
Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,502 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Jesus. thats a horror story of horror stories.
"Ah! What music! They could have never imagined, those pioneers who invented the automobile, that it would posses us like this, our imaginations, our dreams. Men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!"-Lord Hesketh
cdrazic93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:34 PM   #9
NIKOLA

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Well.....I got the Seibon TS hood and I installed it last week. I couldn't be happier with the way it looks. I'll have to take some pictures and post.
Currently driving a Sprintex Supercharged FR-S in Ultramarine with an Invidia N1 Catback with Catless Front Pipe, Invidia Over Pipe, Injen Catless 4:1 EL Headers, Perrin Aluminum Drive Pulley & Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Driveshaft. Also, looking to upgrade wheels someday to Enkei PF01's (17x8's).
NIKOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:28 AM   #10
STS-V
Banned

My Seibon hood has been flawless as well.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:38 AM   #11
Kiske

Drives: RX-7 / BRZ
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,081 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
From my understanding, Carbon Creation's has always ben a sub-part of Extreme Dimensions brand. Seibon has always done CF parts.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:15 PM   #12
Extreme Dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by STS-V View Post
Yup. I ordered a complete body kit from them. not only did it arrive damaged, but the quality is the worse I've ever seen in 15 years of modifying cars. When I reached out to them to get replacements or refunds, they ignored me.

I had to go through my credit card company for a chargeback. Which I won, 100%, when I showed them the communication between us and how I was cut off once I said there was problems.

They never even replied to the chargeback, so after 90 days, I won it. Then they had the BALLS to redispute it with visa, which put it back on my credit card. I then won the dispute AGAIN when they looked over all the info. As a matter of fact, i was going to keep my mouth shut about the company once I won the chargeback and moved on. But since they wanted to redispute it months after ignoring myself and Visa, fuck them.
Do you have a SO# or po# so we can look into this for you? Did you order the parts from us directly or one of our distributors?
1-714-278-8000 EXT 17
Old 09-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #13
Extreme Dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiske View Post
From my understanding, Carbon Creation's has always ben a sub-part of Extreme Dimensions brand. Seibon has always done CF parts.
Extreme Dimensions is our company and Carbon Creations is one of our many lines we offer.
1-714-278-8000 EXT 17