follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 08-01-2016, 10:03 AM   #57
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trying to brainstorm here: @DezodDevelopment
Perhaps a good way to go about this is to swap out peoples axlebacks with a V2 style revision that mates up to their V1 catback. You could even repair the old ones with an updated seam and bracing, and sell them as refurbed units to hopefully lose less. (You'll be out the return shipping cost to get them back I'd imagine, but that's for you, a business owner to work out!)

Not sure if the midpipe section remains the same, but you're clearly not winning here, (I seem to agree with the masses,) but I'm trying to remain partial and helpful.

I was actually very excited to buy a Dezod catback and was saving for one, but after seeing this failure thread, and the fact that you were slow to respond, I chose to purchase an MXP product.

I hope that's helpful, and can provide an alternate view.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JazzleSAURUS For This Useful Post:
Aaronimoe (08-01-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 04:16 PM   #58
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,051 Times in 8,326 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Fujitsubo revised their exhaust Y-pipe design slightly in the last year.
Reason they revised their exhaust y-pipe is due to other aftermarket part didn't fit. To be more depth, Cusco's chassis brace (near the exhaust) wouldn't fit if you have Fujitsubo's exhaust (& vice versa). This is the reason for the update on Fujitsubo y-pipe.

Cusco and Fujitsubo (& few other brands) are very good friends, so they update/revise their product to help each other.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:07 PM   #59
Aaronimoe

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Add me to the list. Installed December 2015.

Chris responded very quickly to my email laying out my options. I am going to shop around locally for a fix because that is the most convenient. Otherwise he is offering to fix it like how the V2's will be for the cost of shipping to him.

I think his offer is reasonable. Although I don't think free shipping would've been out of the question considering this an obvious problem with the whole batch/design. But In the end, Im glad I don't have to pay out of my pocket to go get this fixed.
Aaronimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:42 PM   #60
GT86Dan

Drives: 2013 scion frs
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86geek View Post
just curious what exhaust did you end up buying? Inquiring minds wants to know!
I was tossed up between the tanabe concept g, hks single exit or the Ark racing series.

I ended up getting the Ark Design Single exit. They are currently having a sale, and i figured if a dual exit failed then i want to keep it simple. "KISS"

After about a week of emailing / messaging them here , i received nothing but great, quick, informative responses. Lets see how it turns out. Should be receiving tomorrow afternoon. My plan is to install, remove the dezod, weld it, and hopefully sell it off for cheap. Or hang onto it if the Ark isn't up to snuff. We shall see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronimoe View Post

Chris responded very quickly to my email laying out my options. I am going to shop around locally for a fix because that is the most convenient. Otherwise he is offering to fix it like how the V2's will be for the cost of shipping to him.

I think his offer is reasonable. Although I don't think free shipping would've been out of the question considering this an obvious problem with the whole batch/design. But In the end, Im glad I don't have to pay out of my pocket to go get this fixed.
So that makes it 5......

Its nice that he has laid out the options for you. I feel this thread has done some good then. I still believe that more could be done........

Last edited by GT86Dan; 08-02-2016 at 09:33 AM.
GT86Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GT86Dan For This Useful Post:
86geek (08-02-2016)
Old 08-02-2016, 11:39 AM   #61
langjai23

Drives: 14 brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT86Dan View Post
I was tossed up between the tanabe concept g, hks single exit or the Ark racing series.

I ended up getting the Ark Design Single exit. They are currently having a sale, and i figured if a dual exit failed then i want to keep it simple. "KISS"

After about a week of emailing / messaging them here , i received nothing but great, quick, informative responses. Lets see how it turns out. Should be receiving tomorrow afternoon. My plan is to install, remove the dezod, weld it, and hopefully sell it off for cheap. Or hang onto it if the Ark isn't up to snuff. We shall see

So that makes it 5......

Its nice that he has laid out the options for you. I feel this thread has done some good then. I still believe that more could be done........
is the ark single exit passenger or drivers side?
langjai23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:40 AM   #62
tofurun

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronimoe View Post

I feel this is a fair option to fix it like the v2. Thanks for joining in.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:47 PM   #63
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT86Dan View Post
Its nice that he has laid out the options for you. I feel this thread has done some good then.
I get the impression he didn't really understand his obligations under the implied warranties. It's a plus to see him responding more appropriately now rather than doubling down Trump-style like vendors often do.

Maybe he'll rehabilitate his reputation with V2.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:01 PM   #64
GT86Dan

Drives: 2013 scion frs
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by langjai23 View Post
is the ark single exit passenger or drivers side?
Passenger side
Old 08-03-2016, 10:51 AM   #65
Spechtre

Drives: 2014 ZN6
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I bought my Dezod cat back in late February, it was installed later in April. I don't know if this is a V1 or V2. I've put 4000 miles on it and one nasty curb jump where it hit all the flanges in back. No cracks. If I do have the V2 it looks no different to the untrained eye than a V1.
Spechtre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:27 PM   #66
JazzleSAURUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spechtre View Post
I bought my Dezod cat back in late February, it was installed later in April. I don't know if this is a V1 or V2. I've put 4000 miles on it and one nasty curb jump where it hit all the flanges in back. No cracks. If I do have the V2 it looks no different to the untrained eye than a V1.
You have the V1 then.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
Old 08-03-2016, 03:55 PM   #67
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spechtre View Post
. I've put 4000 miles on it and one nasty curb jump where it hit all the flanges in back.
The way it is failing doesn't look like it will be damaged from an impact of the car moving forward.

It looks like it's failing because the exhaust is moving up and down (on stock hangers) and as it is coming down, the forces are spreading out in an upside down "Y" direction due to the weight of the mufflers.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:34 PM   #68
VeilSide

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
This is funny, after quite some time I was going to post the same topic today ...

Mine cracked about 2 to 3 months ago (after around 9 months of usage) and also warranty was declined by Dezod. I just went ahead and got it fixed by myself.

I also proposed to Dezod to add a support bracket like most of the other competitors use. When I got mine fixed I also let them add such a support bracket, so it won't happen again.

Here is how mine looked like:

I can only recommend to buy a version with such a support bracket...

Last edited by VeilSide; 08-06-2016 at 04:56 PM.
VeilSide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VeilSide For This Useful Post:
JazzleSAURUS (08-08-2016)
Old 08-08-2016, 09:23 AM   #69
JazzleSAURUS

@VeilSide can you post a picture of the repair done by your shop?

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #70
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
5 pages later and Dezod still doesn't want to post their warranty details on the exhaust.

Vendors like this really don't stand behind their product.
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mav1178 For This Useful Post:
GT86Dan (08-09-2016), JazzleSAURUS (08-08-2016)