follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List
KR-S, MisterSheep, Tcoat

Old 12-19-2017, 12:25 AM   #183
Zentec

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
To me biggest signal of NA limits & lack of futureproof potential was turbo on new civic type-r. In my eyes Honda had best NA engines (at this class of cars/engines), but if even them finally gave up following suite of other manufacturers going FI sooner, i guess it takes too much effort to keep up this game with higher and higher eco limitations if one ties oneself with just NA. Hats off to toyobaru for this engine, but it might be among last engines of dying breed of reasonably priced high output car NA engines (supercar engines are just exceptions proving rule)
True look at the 10 year gap of the nsx. Now it’s turbo and has every godoffle computer this and that and so much data it broke the internet “James may”. I agree as someone that had a 2000 and 2005 s2k I loved the engine and it won best in class engine for power and effency almost every year it was in production. Honda has really lost its marbles the new type r is ugly as well. You are right no rwd cars and n/a production for Honda. Look at what Lexus did with the LFA 552hp n/a rev line max 9500rpm. 90% of usable power and trq is between 3k rpm and 9k rpm. Yes I’m aware it’s a v10 but omg it revs so damn fast it needs a digital tac. Sorry imho it puts Honda to shame backs over it and drives off lol If we could harnus a bit of that tech apply it to the fa20 just think of the possibility’s. will it happen not this or next yea. But i don’t see this as the end but only the beginning for this platform.

As for handeling the 17 whipes the floor with the s2k. All I’ve done with mine is change the tires to better and a little bigger but not exceeding the ratio so I did not loose any power. But the ride omg compared to the teeth rattling bone jarring s2k. If I would have kept it I would have changed the springs and seats for sure. That said if I got the chance I would get one again. It’s still one of the best throttle and shifting cars I’ve ever drove.
Zentec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zentec For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (12-19-2017)