follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 07-28-2012, 04:08 AM   #1
Sutty

Drives: Sonic Blue 86 GTS 6AT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Reverse Camera - install question

One of the things that I am wanting to do when my 86 arrives is fit a reverse camera.
Can anyone with knowledge of these please answer the following:

Is the wiring harness already installed in the GTS, i.e. I'll only have to plug the camera in one end and then make sure the harness is plugged in to the head unit at the other end. The reason I ask this is that the camera that I believe will fit (Eclipse BEC-108 http://www.woofersetc.com/p-8263-bec...ead-units.aspx) comes with a harness. Not worried about having to run wires etc, but then again want to know what I'm getting into.

Can anyone confirm that the previoiusly linked camera is the right one that will work with the GTS head unit, I really want a plug and play unit.

Do you need to wire something to the gear lever in order for the camera to acitivate or does the existing wiring already accomodate that.

Does anyone know of an aussie retailer that sells Eclipse cameras.

Has anyone already done this and can tell me of any problems or issues.

I have had a look at a few of the forums here already that deal with reversing cameras but can't see answers to my questions.

Thanks
Sutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Psoo2010

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It's the same camera and harness for all current f-ten Toyota head units (with the 6inch display). The one you listed is the same as the one from dealers, just that the different toyota part numbers give you different instruction manuals specific to models.

Running the harness from the HU to the back is the easy bit. The hardest bit is to cut a section near the rear number plate light for the camera bracket.

From memory no other wiring is required other than the factory harness.
Psoo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Psoo2010 For This Useful Post:
Sutty (07-28-2012)