follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 09-21-2021, 12:53 AM   #4285
brandonblt2
The Stig's African Cousin

Drives: 2014 wrb brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpfarr View Post
Motherfucker. What a shit show.

I bought a used kit w v1 delicious ff and had a few hiccups. Missing some coolant tb tubing. “Oh you don’t need those, they’re for cold climate.” Took Edelbrock a couple weeks to get them to me.

Had to modify my alternator.

Was missing the connector to the fuel pump, had to wait a week for a new sock and connector. Just finished putting in the fuel pump and flashed the ECU.

Now it won’t start. Where it previously started w oem fp and no tune.

I can hear the fp run when I turn on before starting. I did a 10+ on and off hoping the fuel pressure would normalize (or get enough to start). Nothing though. Any advice on how to test this fuel pump? Swap the stock one back in?

It’s been a month plus and I wholly fucking regret buying some dudes used shit.
Are you sure you hear your fuel pump pressurizing and that's not the coolant pump for the supercharger? Did you remember to restall the fuel pump fuse? What fuel pump did you install? Anything other than oem you have to modify and remove the original sock/filter. If the fuel pump is turning on and pressurizing check for any leaks around fuel lines and injectors. It also may be the tune itself try starting it without the tune.
brandonblt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brandonblt2 For This Useful Post:
dpfarr (09-21-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 10:52 AM   #4286
shaqin

Drives: Asphalt 2016 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bought a kit from Summit a few weeks ago. Intake runner is damaged where it pairs to the block (the flange that holds the gasket). Summit is refusing to help because it was "open-box", though when buying it they assured it had only superficial damage, not functional damage. Now trying to source the part through Edelbrock but their customer service is a nightmare. Each call to tech support is 1 hour on hold and the one time I actually got them to answer, the guy told me that he couldn't look up the price/ordering info and that he would contact the people who could and get back to me. 1 month and several emails later, no response.

Does anyone have an extension for someone in the supercharger support department or any idea of how to get through to them? Thanks
shaqin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 12:27 PM   #4287
dpfarr

Drives: BRZ ts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonblt2 View Post
Are you sure you hear your fuel pump pressurizing and that's not the coolant pump for the supercharger? Did you remember to restall the fuel pump fuse? What fuel pump did you install? Anything other than oem you have to modify and remove the original sock/filter. If the fuel pump is turning on and pressurizing check for any leaks around fuel lines and injectors. It also may be the tune itself try starting it without the tune.
Yea, def the fuel pump. I reinstalled it and at car started at least.

The idle is struggling unless I give it a constant bit of gas. No leaks on the lines or injectors. I’m going to look at atmospheric pressure vs map pressure and see if that might be the issue.
dpfarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 02:38 PM   #4288
Z06ZN6

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqin View Post
Bought a kit from Summit a few weeks ago. Intake runner is damaged where it pairs to the block (the flange that holds the gasket). Summit is refusing to help because it was "open-box", though when buying it they assured it had only superficial damage, not functional damage. Now trying to source the part through Edelbrock but their customer service is a nightmare. Each call to tech support is 1 hour on hold and the one time I actually got them to answer, the guy told me that he couldn't look up the price/ordering info and that he would contact the people who could and get back to me. 1 month and several emails later, no response.

Does anyone have an extension for someone in the supercharger support department or any idea of how to get through to them? Thanks

See your PM.

Summit should really be resolving this issue for you if they sold something not as advertised.
Z06ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Z06ZN6 For This Useful Post:
BrahmaBull1990 (09-21-2021), shaqin (09-21-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 03:27 PM   #4289
shaqin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06ZN6 View Post
See your PM.

Summit should really be resolving this issue for you if they sold something not as advertised.
Summit basically said, "tough shit, you bought open box and assumed the risk. Contact Edelbrock for replacement parts". I will probably escalate to corporate soon but I wanted to at least see what the damage would be to replace. If it's a few hundred dollars I will save myself the hassle and just buy it. If it's like $400+ I will try and escalate to Summit. As of now neither company is being helpful so I'm a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place with a $6k paperweight.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:38 PM   #4290
brandonblt2
The Stig's African Cousin

Drives: 2014 wrb brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Yea, def the fuel pump. I reinstalled it and at car started at least.

The idle is struggling unless I give it a constant bit of gas. No leaks on the lines or injectors. I’m going to look at atmospheric pressure vs map pressure and see if that might be the issue.
So you were able to reinstall the oem pump or the new pump?
brandonblt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brandonblt2 For This Useful Post:
dpfarr (09-21-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 05:25 PM   #4291
Z06ZN6

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Summit basically said, "tough shit, you bought open box and assumed the risk. Contact Edelbrock for replacement parts". I will probably escalate to corporate soon but I wanted to at least see what the damage would be to replace. If it's a few hundred dollars I will save myself the hassle and just buy it. If it's like $400+ I will try and escalate to Summit. As of now neither company is being helpful so I'm a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place with a $6k paperweight.
Hopefully you can get through with the contact info I provided. I also hope edelbrock will sell you the runner alone. I know they are not keen on user disassembly of the runners as they require some pressure test of the upper assembly. Do you have a picture of the damaged runner? A local machine shop or fabricator might be another alternative for repair.
Z06ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Z06ZN6 For This Useful Post:
shaqin (09-22-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 07:05 PM   #4292
dpfarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonblt2 View Post
So you were able to reinstall the oem pump or the new pump?
I took out the basket and made sure the DW pump was tight, all the clips were on, no hoses pinched, etc. It started up.

If I have time after work my plan is check MAP readings, 2. revert tune, and then see what happens.

The D box isn’t lit up and I’m hoping it’s not that, I don’t really want to buy one. Might take a little vacation and drive it to CSG to get a non D box flex fuel tune.

Last edited by dpfarr; 09-21-2021 at 08:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dpfarr For This Useful Post:
brandonblt2 (09-22-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 08:25 AM   #4293
toast

Drives: 14 BSP Edelbrock BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
I took out the basket and made sure the DW pump was tight, all the clips were on, no hoses pinched, etc. It started up.

If I have time after work my plan is check MAP readings, 2. revert tune, and then see what happens.

The D box isn’t lit up and I’m hoping it’s not that, I don’t really want to buy one. Might take a little vacation and drive it to CSG to get a non D box flex fuel tune.
Remove the D box, it isn't needed unless your are running full throttle. In my case it only caused irritation because the wiring harness had loose internal pins. At least you can see if that gets you running.
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 08:57 AM   #4294
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:

Can you post pics of the damage?
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 02:25 PM   #4295
shaqin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Can you post pics of the damage?
Here are the pics. Machine shop is definitely an option but I'm really hoping to understand the process/price for a new runner(s) before trying to fix this one. Not sure how I'd test whether the fix worked without installing and running.

I appreciate the messages from y'all with contact info.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2021, 02:48 PM   #4296
dpfarr

I wouldn’t install that either. You should have considered shipping damage??
Old 09-22-2021, 02:59 PM   #4297
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Here are the pics. Machine shop is definitely an option but I'm really hoping to understand the process/price for a new runner(s) before trying to fix this one. Not sure how I'd test whether the fix worked without installing and running.

I appreciate the messages from y'all with contact info.
Yup, that's fubar
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 03:25 PM   #4298
B T

Drives: 15 BRZ, 2003 MR2, '70 Elky, 06 TBSS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I'd be super pissed, but I suppose you could fund an aluminum welder to fix that. Take it to a machine shop after and have it decked.
B T is offline   Reply With Quote