follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-31-2017, 12:26 AM   #1
Seabass47

Drives: 2013 Subaru Brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BRZ Travels Across The

Hey Everyone,
New to the forums but not new to the platform of the gt86. I've had my BRZ for over 60K Miles with a healthy amount of cosmetic and performance modifications. I can get into what I've done as well as reviews if people are interested. However the main reason for this first post, I am taking my BRZ on a second Roadtrip across the U.S. From California to New York!
If you guys are interested in following this journey...
I have a Youtube channel that I will be daily vlogging the entire journey.
A few details of the trip:
-Departing in 4 weeks From Central California
-Making stops in Las Vegas, Phoenix, El Paso, Austin, New Orleans, Tennessee, D.C. and finally New York.
-We are picking national monuments, Parks, and Car events to see along the way.
-Challenging ourselves to keep the car show ready and clean throughout the entire trip, working with a new company called Smart Polish Pro. (They've developed a formula which you can clean your car using ZERO water, and in my opinion you can even get a better shine than a lot of products on the market today)
-Our route covers about 4,000 Miles and a whole lot of sights to see

If anyone is interested in doing a trip like this, or simply you just want to see a Modified BRZ make it all the way across the country.
you can follow us on INSTAGRAM @TunersTable.
The link to our youtube website is posted in the bio.
However here is a link to one of my newest videos, where I share my thoughts on my radar detector.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMMYcaZRafc"]Are Radar Detectors Worth It? - YouTube[/ame]

Feel free to comment or ask any questions!!
Seabass47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seabass47 For This Useful Post:
Carbinebbq (01-31-2017), CarzCarzCarz (01-31-2017), humfrz (01-31-2017), Oxyg3n (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 01:17 AM   #2
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Have a fun and safe trip ......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:25 AM   #3
dnieves

Drives: FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Safe travels! I think you should consider protective paint film and mud guards for your long trip.
dnieves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dnieves For This Useful Post:
arrow34 (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 10:53 PM   #4
Seabass47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnieves View Post
Safe travels! I think you should consider protective paint film and mud guards for your long trip.
Ive got rally armor mud flaps, im gonna be taping up my front bumper. Esp with tumble weeds driving through the plains haha! As for the protective paint is there anything i can do myself, vs bringing it into someone?
Old 01-31-2017, 10:57 PM   #5
Drambeenie

Drives: Black 17 BRZ LT MT PP
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Where in NY ?
Drambeenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:33 AM   #6
Seabass47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drambeenie View Post
Where in NY ?
Manhattan, Parking my car upstate New York
Old 02-01-2017, 05:48 AM   #7
dnieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass47 View Post
Ive got rally armor mud flaps, im gonna be taping up my front bumper. Esp with tumble weeds driving through the plains haha! As for the protective paint is there anything i can do myself, vs bringing it into someone?

Nice flaps (I was too focused on the radar detector thing)

The paint protection film is do-able but the car has a lot of contours that will make it very difficult for a newbie to install. My dealer sends the cars out to a vendor because he said his service center ruined too many of them during application.

P.S. the oem PPF only covers part of the hood (partial protection and over time the edges gather dirt and will lift up) aftermarket PPF lets you cover the entire hood.

Good luck!
Old 02-02-2017, 12:05 AM   #8
Seabass47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnieves View Post
Nice flaps (I was too focused on the radar detector thing)

The paint protection film is do-able but the car has a lot of contours that will make it very difficult for a newbie to install. My dealer sends the cars out to a vendor because he said his service center ruined too many of them during application.

P.S. the oem PPF only covers part of the hood (partial protection and over time the edges gather dirt and will lift up) aftermarket PPF lets you cover the entire hood.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info! I think I'm going to end up painters taping my front bumper with some teeth haha. Really been wanting to do it for a while, However I'm defiantly getting my hood done. Way too many flying rocks!
Old 02-02-2017, 05:39 AM   #9
dnieves

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I think I'm going to end up painters taping my front bumper with some teeth haha. Really been wanting to do it for a while, However I'm defiantly getting my hood done. Way too many flying rocks!

You won't regret it! It's great having the peace of mind knowing unless some catastrophic happens your hood will remain pristine.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:43 PM   #10
Seabass47

Quick update on Roadtrip status.
-Getting a new set of tires put on as well as an alignment, changing all the fluids (Brake,Tranny,Diff,Engine Oil)
-I will upload a How To video on the drivetrain fluid flush once I get it done this weekend.
Do you guys think I should do anymore to prep the car mechanically for the trip?
-Departure date is set for Febuary 28th with the First stop being vegas.
I will be using this thread to update status and post daily videos of each destination throughout the journey. Feel free to ask questions or comment or just follow along.
-Also it would be awesome if we are in your city, let us know and maybe we can start a meet!
-We buy our cars to drive em, I hope you guys enjoy this journey!
Old 02-06-2017, 08:10 PM   #11
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
So first stop Vegas right? You're going to go up I15 from there and then across on I70? This time of year I'd probably choose to do an I10 run and then hang a left on 95 and run up the coast. Sure it's a bit longer but 70 can be quite a challenge crossing the high terrain in UT and the Rockies through CO and then you're still pretty far north across the middle and things have a habit of getting dicey without much provocation through there.

You said you're going to leave the car north of the city, where? I live about 50 miles north of midtown Manhattan.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:20 PM   #12
Seabass47

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
So first stop Vegas right? You're going to go up I15 from there and then across on I70? This time of year I'd probably choose to do an I10 run and then hang a left on 95 and run up the coast. Sure it's a bit longer but 70 can be quite a challenge crossing the high terrain in UT and the Rockies through CO and then you're still pretty far north across the middle and things have a habit of getting dicey without much provocation through there.

You said you're going to leave the car north of the city, where? I live about 50 miles north of midtown Manhattan.

My dad place is in Rockland County, across the river from weschester county.
After vegas we will be headed to phoenix. Taking the most southern route to avoid any snow because I did not bring my snow tires out to California and I have high performance summer tires on haha. Im coming from central California so I will most likely be taking the 101 to the 5 and then meeting up with 95. If your around the same town in NY it would be sick to meet up and cruise one day dude!
Old 02-07-2017, 10:37 AM   #13
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
My dad place is in Rockland County, across the river from weschester county.
After vegas we will be headed to phoenix. Taking the most southern route to avoid any snow because I did not bring my snow tires out to California and I have high performance summer tires on haha. Im coming from central California so I will most likely be taking the 101 to the 5 and then meeting up with 95. If your around the same town in NY it would be sick to meet up and cruise one day dude!
Watch out for cold pavement between LV and Phoenix. You go through some high elevation areas and the roads around Flagstaff can be "interesting" in early March.

I live right on the other side of the river in Putnam County so there's a chance. Stay in touch and we'll see what's what when you get here.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:44 AM   #14
Seabass47

Quick Update: We are about 9 days out from leaving California and we were able to Squeeze in one last car meet over in the San Fransisco Bay Area.
New Tires are mounted and aligned just gotta tape up the front end.
heres the latest video from the San Fransisco Meet,
Let Me Know what you guys think!
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpmmzwYjhXA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpmmzwYjhXA[/ame]