follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 08-15-2017, 12:30 PM   #1
candygram4mongo

Drives: 2015 FR-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Trunk swap or DIY OEM spoiler install?

Sorry if this is a total noob question, but I'd rather ask this of local people than the whole forum. I have heard of people without spoilers trading trunks with people that want to go spoiler-less. Does this really happen?

The online wrecking yards want about $500 for a reasonable full trunk W/spoiler. Toyota wants about $350 for a painted spoiler and install template (providing the spoiler really is available and not just on the books).

Any advice guys? I'm not worried about drilling holes in my trunk.

This is my first post here. I just sold my 88 supercharged MR2 and bought a 2015 FR-S. (Halo, no spoiler, stock rims that the PO painted black with a rattle can).
candygram4mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:47 PM   #2
driggity

Drives: Silver Coupe with a Boxer
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by candygram4mongo View Post
Sorry if this is a total noob question, but I'd rather ask this of local people than the whole forum. I have heard of people without spoilers trading trunks with people that want to go spoiler-less. Does this really happen?

The online wrecking yards want about $500 for a reasonable full trunk W/spoiler. Toyota wants about $350 for a painted spoiler and install template (providing the spoiler really is available and not just on the books).

This is my first post here. I just sold my 88 supercharged MR2 and bought a 2015 FR-S. (Halo, no spoiler, stock rims that the PO painted black with a rattle can).

Welcome to the forum.

It does happen and it seems like more people want to go from spoilered to spoilerless so you could be in luck. There are a lot of white cars around here so that could help you too. I'd consider the swap with you but I don't think either of us is going for the creamsicle look.

There is a thread for exchanged in the exterior buy/sell forum and I think there may be a local one kicking around here somewhere. Or maybe someone will see this post and make you an offer.
driggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #3
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Trade is always an option, we even have a Norcal trunk trade thread. Just need to be willing to wait to find the right person. Just know the white paint changed with MY2015 so you need one newer then that or it'll be off

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2825788

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:05 PM   #4
JeremyR

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by candygram4mongo View Post

Shooting ya a DM... I've got a trunk i wouldn't mind trading
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote