follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-25-2014, 11:38 PM   #855
protpibe

Drives: 4-Runner Sport - 13' BRZ SportTech
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it similar to the cafi unit ?
Old 10-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #856
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by protpibe View Post
Is it similar to the cafi unit ?
Yes, it is the latest version of the CaFi unit with the latest firmware patch applied in them. We also have made sure to include our own customer plug in harness for the CaFi, so there is no need to solder or re-pin wires, just plug it in and go.

Also all the CaFi's we offer come with enabled with full GPS, radio antenna, bluetooth, microSD slot and USB for external devices. Basically everything plugs right into to your own system.

You will need the OEM mounting brackets off your current radio and need to grind them down a bit to make for a flush fitment. We are working on offering brackets to come with the kit in the future.

We have been testing about 5 units out right now and they all have been working great. So we are going to be releasing these right after SEMA.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
Calum (10-27-2014)
Old 11-07-2014, 07:54 PM   #857
siXXtoes
Ohh Snap

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
@DeliciousTuning I currently have your tune with P&L EL headers and hoping for a little more "fine tuning"

SoCal SD 86 Club Admin
https://www.facebook.com/groups/socalsd86/
siXXtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:19 PM   #858
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by siXXtoes View Post
@DeliciousTuning I currently have your tune with P&L EL headers and hoping for a little more "fine tuning"

We are finding out some interesting info on our tunes. We were originally designing tunes around each header on the market but we coming to find out, though still needs to be completely proven, that most all the EL are nearly the same tune, same goes for the UEL.

So we are testing this out while refining the tunes for each headers as we go. Still working on them, but we have added a couple more to the list and have more coming in the next few weeks.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
Lawnik (11-29-2014), mikalem (11-23-2014), MINOCIN (11-14-2014), siXXtoes (11-14-2014)
Old 11-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #859
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Some cars we had displayed at SEMA.

2014 Scion Tuner Challenge Winner
- Cosworth Supercharger
- Delicious Tuning FlexFuel Kit
- Delicious Tuning Flash & Go Tune

Michele Abbate's USTCC Race Car
- Delicious Tuning Stage 2 Equal Length Header Tune

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
DarkSunrise (11-18-2014), Shneegle (11-18-2014), texasbound972 (11-18-2014), whataboutbob (12-02-2014)
Old 11-25-2014, 04:39 PM   #860
JesseTheFlash

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
We are finding out some interesting info on our tunes. We were originally designing tunes around each header on the market but we coming to find out, though still needs to be completely proven, that most all the EL are nearly the same tune, same goes for the UEL.

So we are testing this out while refining the tunes for each headers as we go. Still working on them, but we have added a couple more to the list and have more coming in the next few weeks.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Hello and good afternoon delicioustuning,
I wanted to know if you guys will be having any tuning special this week? I've been wanting to get my car tuned for a while now but its been tuff because of my job. I have not installed any of my after market parts. so I would have to know if I install them and drive up there. im located in el centro ca. its like a 2 hr drive. so what prices would I be looking at. the only parts that I have and have not installed are: Tomei EL headers, tomei overpipe, tomei 60s exhaust, tomei straight pipe and the K&n drop in filter with a perrin mishimoto inlet tubing. so what do you think? due to my job I cannot answer phone calls, email only.
JesseTheFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:48 AM   #861
brianhj

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Some cars we had displayed at SEMA.

2014 Scion Tuner Challenge Winner
- Cosworth Supercharger
- Delicious Tuning Flash & Go Tune

Michele Abbate's USTCC Race Car
- Delicious Tuning Stage 2 Equal Length Header Tune

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning

When will your flexfuel kit be available?
brianhj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brianhj For This Useful Post:
Lawnik (11-29-2014)
Old 11-29-2014, 12:23 PM   #862
Efferalgan

Drives: Toyota GT 86
Had a trouble with my HKS supercarged AT GT86 today. After couple of accelerations (warmed-up engine) the engine started to "cough" at RPMs about 4000, like hitting a RPM limiter. The throttle pedal becomes irresponsive when it happens like if stability control system cuts-off the gas supply. Up to 4000 rpm seems fine but if you hit the pedal it's like "no, can't do that". After re-start of the engine - first couple of accelerations might be ok but then this problem repeats. I managed to catch it on video:

[youtube]pE8smbWYtBQ[/youtube]

As you see the "check engine" lamp started to blink but did not pop-up permanently afterwards. I did couple of logs with such engine behaviour and sent to William.

I did some "spirited driving" last weeked, zero issues. It felt great, revved it up to 7000+, speed up to 200 km/h - no signs of any problems. Nothing was changed in the car over this week. Today - it became evident that something is not good right after I tried to accelearate to over 4000rpm. The only change - the weather is much colder. It is minus 7-9 Celcius outside temperature today (was about 0 last week). But the car was stored in a warm garage (at least +12-15 celcius inside).

Does anyone have any ideas what that might be?

Last edited by Efferalgan; 11-29-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Efferalgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #863
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efferalgan View Post
Had a trouble with my HKS supercarged AT GT86 today. After couple of accelerations (warmed-up engine) the engine started to "cough" at RPMs about 4000, like hitting a RPM limiter. The throttle pedal becomes irresponsive when it happens like if stability control system cuts-off the gas supply. Up to 4000 rpm seems fine but if you hit the pedal it's like "no, can't do that". After re-start of the engine - first couple of accelerations might be ok but then this problem repeats. I managed to catch it on video:

[youtube]pE8smbWYtBQ[/youtube]

As you see the "check engine" lamp started to blink but did not pop-up permanently afterwards. I did couple of logs with such engine behaviour and sent to William.

I did some "spirited driving" last weeked, zero issues. It felt great, revved it up to 7000+, speed up to 200 km/h - no signs of any problems. Nothing was changed in the car over this week. Today - it became evident that something is not good right after I tried to accelearate to over 4000rpm. The only change - the weather is much colder. It is minus 7-9 Celcius outside temperature today (was about 0 last week). But the car was stored in a warm garage (at least +12-15 celcius inside).

Does anyone have any ideas what that might be?
Have you been able to go in with EcuTeK and see what the Check Engine Light was for when it popped up?

We have had a couple customers report check engine lights when trying to go above 4000 RPM but EcuTeK did not show the code. We then plugged in a generic OBD-II scanner and it read the check engine light correctly.

As for the scenario, we have found that a couple things have caused this in the past with other vehicles.

1. The CPC valve has a couple connections on it and we have found when these fall the problem you are experiencing will happen.

2. We are also testing cold weather condition compensations in our tunes currently as we were having problems with cold start conditions. Though it does not sound like this is your problem which leads me back to item #1.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Old 12-01-2014, 05:10 PM   #864
Efferalgan

Drives: Toyota GT 86
Quote:
Have you been able to go in with EcuTeK and see what the Check Engine Light was for when it popped up?

We have had a couple customers report check engine lights when trying to go above 4000 RPM but EcuTeK did not show the code. We then plugged in a generic OBD-II scanner and it read the check engine light correctly.

As for the scenario, we have found that a couple things have caused this in the past with other vehicles.

1. The CPC valve has a couple connections on it and we have found when these fall the problem you are experiencing will happen.

2. We are also testing cold weather condition compensations in our tunes currently as we were having problems with cold start conditions. Though it does not sound like this is your problem which leads me back to item #1.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Thank you William! I think it might be #1.

The check engine light started flashing just once - the moment I caught on video. Did not have the laptop plugged-in at that time and it never appeared again.

Sorry, CPC valve is where? I have a boost preasure gauge sensor plugged-in via a T-fitting into the 4mm tube which goes from the by-pass valve of the SC to the intake manifold (top right connection). The connectors seems intact though. I will try to drive without the T-joint and the gauge sensor - hopefully it will help.

Will report about results. I'm also waiting for the reviewed tune when you manage to resolve the cold start and the idle problems.
Efferalgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #865
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efferalgan View Post
Thank you William! I think it might be #1.

The check engine light started flashing just once - the moment I caught on video. Did not have the laptop plugged-in at that time and it never appeared again.

Sorry, CPC valve is where? I have a boost preasure gauge sensor plugged-in via a T-fitting into the 4mm tube which goes from the by-pass valve of the SC to the intake manifold (top right connection). The connectors seems intact though. I will try to drive without the T-joint and the gauge sensor - hopefully it will help.

Will report about results. I'm also waiting for the reviewed tune when you manage to resolve the cold start and the idle problems.
Will try to get to this all later this week. Catching up.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Old 12-01-2014, 05:19 PM   #866
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Update on header testing/tunes.

We have finished dyno tuning the following headers for custom maps.

1. JDL Equal Length
2. JDL UnEqual Length
3. PPE Equal Length
4. Tomei Equal Length

Definitely some unique findings and we even tested a set of Crawford Power Blocks with the PPE headers to see if we could get some more power. We will get more info out on that in a bit as we are trying to finish up everything for the FlexFuel kits.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
MINOCIN (12-01-2014), whataboutbob (12-02-2014)
Old 12-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #867
texasbound972
USMC

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6-MT Raven
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Power blocks with e85?
Old 12-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #868
Turdinator
Seņor Member

Drives: 86 GT/'74 TA22 Celica/Kangaroo
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Update on header testing/tunes.

We have finished dyno tuning the following headers for custom maps.

1. JDL Equal Length
2. JDL UnEqual Length
3. PPE Equal Length
4. Tomei Equal Length

Definitely some unique findings and we even tested a set of Crawford Power Blocks with the PPE headers to see if we could get some more power. We will get more info out on that in a bit as we are trying to finish up everything for the FlexFuel kits.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Will you be posting dynos of the different headers?