follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 03-10-2019, 01:32 PM   #1
Breadman

Drives: 2017 BRZ w/PP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
brembo bleeder screw size

So i was looking to replace my bleeder screws since 1 of them was pretty corroded and started to round. I saw they are m10x1.0 but i didnt see how long. are they 33mm or 35mm long?
Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:02 PM   #2
FirstWinter

Drives: Car
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
1) Just take one out, measure it, install back, & bleed brakes.
2) Order from Subaru and don't have to worry at all.
FirstWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:59 PM   #3
Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstWinter View Post
1) Just take one out, measure it, install back, & bleed brakes.
2) Order from Subaru and don't have to worry at all.

subaru has 2 parts listed under the same diagram number first off. secondly im not going to take it out then risk totally rounding it and then having to wait for a part to come in.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:22 PM   #4
FirstWinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman View Post
subaru has 2 parts listed under the same diagram number first off. secondly im not going to take it out then risk totally rounding it and then having to wait for a part to come in.
Pretty sure it's this one if you checked and looked a little more closely. Can enter your VIN to find exact part as well.

Could always take out one which isn't close to stripped. Unless you somehow managed to mess up all the bleeder screws.
The Following User Says Thank You to FirstWinter For This Useful Post:
wparsons (03-14-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 07:28 PM   #5
Breadman

Quote:
Pretty sure it's this one if you checked and looked a little more closely. Can enter your VIN to find exact part as well.

Could always take out one which isn't close to stripped. Unless you somehow managed to mess up all the bleeder screws.

just stop you are making yourself look stupid. not only is that not a bembo, its not even the right year. i yoloed it on amazon and got the 35mm will report back when i have time to replace them
Old 03-12-2019, 08:37 PM   #6
FirstWinter

Quote:
just stop you are making yourself look stupid. not only is that not a bembo, its not even the right year. i yoloed it on amazon and got the 35mm will report back when i have time to replace them
Fuck me for helping right? If you simply scrolled down the page I linked you might have actually seen this:

No fucking way it's the same part number I linked!

Oh look there's an even more accurate way of finding parts that ensure they're correct for your specific vehicle! Who might've recommended looking up parts by VIN?
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2019, 04:21 PM   #7
Breadman

Quote:
Fuck me for helping right? If you simply scrolled down the page I linked you might have actually seen this:

No fucking way it's the same part number I linked!

Oh look there's an even more accurate way of finding parts that ensure they're correct for your specific vehicle! Who might've recommended looking up parts by VIN?

there are literally 2 fucking parts with the same code when i do that you fucking dipshit. also when i clicked on the link the first time it linked to a 15-16 non brembo... either way you can leave this thread because your "usefulness" is done. im going to replace it this weekend and report back
Old 03-14-2019, 04:31 PM   #8
Grady

Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,473 Times in 770 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
All this over a bleeder?
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grady For This Useful Post:
jlugo711 (03-20-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 02:36 AM   #9
FirstWinter

Quote:

there are literally 2 fucking parts with the same code when i do that you fucking dipshit. also when i clicked on the link the first time it linked to a 15-16 non brembo... either way you can leave this thread because your "usefulness" is done. im going to replace it this weekend and report back
If you look closely where I circled you can see how the two parts are actually different. "26238FE001", which I linked in previous posts, is clearly different from the other.

Furthermore using minimal brain power you can see the required quantity differs between the two listings. It lists the required quantity per axle. Each PP Brembo has 2 bleeder screws vs a regular caliper which has one. Meaning a PP front axle requires 4 bleeder screws in total vs only 2 for regular calipers.

If you're still unconvinced you can see "Fitting Vehicle Options" are noted for both listings. High=Limited, Base=Premium. The PP only comes in Limited manual cars. Thus using whatever brain power you have left we can deduce 26238FE001 is the correct bleeder screw for PP calipers.

Maybe you should lay off the sauce Gnu. You're welcome by the way since it appears I'm the only one who bothered to help answer your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady View Post
All this over a bleeder?
Normally I would've said screw (pun intended) it after one attempt at helping but because it's Breadman I decided to make an exception.
Attached Images

Last edited by FirstWinter; 03-15-2019 at 02:48 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:35 AM   #10
Breadman

Quote:
Normally I would've said screw (pun intended) it after one attempt at helping but because it's Breadman I decided to make an exception.

first off you didnt even answer my question, you answered some question that wasnt asked. Secondly i did literally what you told me, (after i already did it myself prior to making this post on another site) and got 2 parts. so maybe you should get better at writing instructions. lastly noone came in here because the thread is complete shit dude to you offering 0 actual help and going off on a tangent and trying to justify it.

to recap, you didnt confirm or correct the threading of a bleeder, and you didnt confirm the length of the screw. this effectively means you posted for no reason other than shit this place up, but i guess its better than tcoat talking about the 50s or whatever