follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2023, 01:51 PM   #7211
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata
 
Capt Spaulding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Location: On the Border
Posts: 1,882
Thanks: 2,016
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
He had that shit dialed! Notice what a great job he did keeping it on the pipe? Excellent gearbox & footwork. Notice how, even with such frequent gear changes, he never applies throttle prematurely. My kind of driver.

Never seen that one, @Stephen W., Thanks!.
Very good driving, but notice that after a few lurid slides everyone else hung back.
__________________
Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast
Capt Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Capt Spaulding For This Useful Post:
Stephen W. (04-25-2023), Ultramaroon (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 02:17 PM   #7212
Stephen W.
Senior Member
 
Stephen W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 2018 CBS BRZ tS
Location: Quinte West Ontario
Posts: 1,330
Thanks: 1,074
Thanked 2,171 Times in 875 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Spaulding View Post
Very good driving, but notice that after a few lurid slides everyone else hung back.
If I'd been following him I'd have done the same thing.
He is a very good driver who obviously knows the track but... I think he was getting tired and nearly over corrected a couple of times. Getting the signal to pull off came at the right time. I think he might have been heading for a big off.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephen W. For This Useful Post:
Capt Spaulding (04-25-2023), NoHaveMSG (04-25-2023), Ultramaroon (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 03:23 PM   #7213
Ultramaroon
HNNNNNNG!
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 31,383
Thanks: 51,157
Thanked 35,818 Times in 18,578 Posts
Mentioned: 1101 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
I'll have to watch it again. I just took it as elbows-out driving with full confidence.
__________________
Ultramaroon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 03:37 PM   #7214
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER
 
Clipdat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Drives: Subaru Boxer
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 8,144
Thanks: 7,066
Thanked 6,833 Times in 3,669 Posts
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
When/where did he get a signal to pull off?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 06:24 PM   #7215
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata
 
Capt Spaulding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Location: On the Border
Posts: 1,882
Thanks: 2,016
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
I'll have to watch it again. I just took it as elbows-out driving with full confidence.
Iím curious to see what you think. Most know that the quickest way around a corner is at the limit of the tiresí grip. Itís not in a full lock slide. Not saying the guy doesnít have good car control. He does. But Ö
__________________
Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast
Capt Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Capt Spaulding For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (04-26-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 07:26 PM   #7216
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER
 
Clipdat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Drives: Subaru Boxer
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 8,144
Thanks: 7,066
Thanked 6,833 Times in 3,669 Posts
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Should I get this? https://www.ftspeed.com/part/su003-0...ered-logo-ft86
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
humfrz (04-26-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 07:47 PM   #7217
Teseo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Drives: frs
Location: Gunsai
Posts: 4,808
Thanks: 6,905
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,732 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Why not? Funny thing is we spent more time inside the car. 2 left, hurry up
Teseo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teseo For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (04-28-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 07:58 PM   #7218
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER
 
Clipdat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Drives: Subaru Boxer
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 8,144
Thanks: 7,066
Thanked 6,833 Times in 3,669 Posts
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ZOMG only two left.. in the world!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 08:04 PM   #7219
villainous_frx
Off to the track!
 
villainous_frx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Drives: '14 Lava 86, '13 WRB BRZ
Location: Canada
Posts: 631
Thanks: 1,251
Thanked 1,044 Times in 417 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Recently my home computer mouse died on me, no left click and the tracking is stuttering. I got it in late 2018 and it's definitely served me well, though I am a bit disappointed it wore out. I've ordered a bunch of different mice to see what I like and dislike, in hopes of getting something ?better?.

Logitech MX Master (v2?) - Amazon open box, just not for me. Wrong hand shape for how your hand rests on the mouse, and the side buttons just don't work for me. For the open box price, if I was doing something that required the thumb scroll wheel this would be great.

Logitech G-Pro wireless (Shroud Edition if that matters, it was cheaper) - Amazon new in box, so far the hand feel is good. A bit light for my liking, but I think with some sensitivity adjustments it should be good. Button placement is definitely a plus, they're much more my preference. I'll try it for a full week and see how I feel.

Logitech G305 - This is my work daily driver and I quite like it. For at home use, it's a bit small but at the office where my desk space is at a premium it works great. Not sure I'll order another as it is lacking the number of buttons I like, but it is a solid unit and the price is hard to beat.

Razer Deathadder Elite - this is the mouse I've been using for 10+ years, it's pretty much the baseline for all my preferences. The hand feel is right, buttons are where I like them, etc. As I noted the mouse I am replacing is the same model, which was a replacement of the v1 version I got in 2013. That v1 mouse is still kicking to this day as my sibling's daily driver and shows no signs of stopping... disconcerting the 'replacement' didn't last as long. My biggest concern is how this replacement will fare, will I get the same lifespan out of it?

GMMK Model O -58G - I'm borrowing this one from a friend, not sure how I feel about the holes in the palm. Hand feel is pretty good, though the scroll wheel feels odd to me. Probably not going to order this one, as I am leaning more towards the Logitech mice.

Have I missed any "gaming" or other mice? Preference towards a palm grip and 4+scroll wheel programmable buttons.
__________________
villainous_frx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 08:12 PM   #7220
villainous_frx
Off to the track!
 
villainous_frx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Drives: '14 Lava 86, '13 WRB BRZ
Location: Canada
Posts: 631
Thanks: 1,251
Thanked 1,044 Times in 417 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
It's a nice piece, personally I am more partial to SU003-07937. This is the "TRD" embroidered suede dash in the TRD SE cars.

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/par...ion-dash-panel
__________________
villainous_frx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 08:14 PM   #7221
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!
 
Dadhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Posts: 19,419
Thanks: 38,073
Thanked 24,295 Times in 11,102 Posts
Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by villainous_frx View Post
Have I missed any "gaming" or other mice? Preference towards a palm grip and 4+scroll wheel programmable buttons.

I only use Razer mice (at home and at work). Life is too short for a lousy mouse.

Prior to Razer being a thing I was a devoted Microsoft Mouse user but they stopped making good ones.
__________________

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".

Last edited by Dadhawk; 04-25-2023 at 09:10 PM.
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (04-28-2023), villainous_frx (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 08:21 PM   #7222
villainous_frx
Off to the track!
 
villainous_frx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Drives: '14 Lava 86, '13 WRB BRZ
Location: Canada
Posts: 631
Thanks: 1,251
Thanked 1,044 Times in 417 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Life it to short for a lousy mouse.
+1 to that.

Unrelated, thank you for your input on those tires. Unfortunately that particular model was absurdly priced in Maple Land. I did end up getting some Kumho PA51 in 225/45/17 on a 17x7.5, a similar breed of all season. Thus far better fuel economy than the winters, however I'm also attributing this to the warmer weather.
__________________
villainous_frx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to villainous_frx For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 09:01 PM   #7223
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER
 
Clipdat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Drives: Subaru Boxer
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 8,144
Thanks: 7,066
Thanked 6,833 Times in 3,669 Posts
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by villainous_frx View Post
Recently my home computer mouse died on me, no left click and the tracking is stuttering. I got it in late 2018 and it's definitely served me well, though I am a bit disappointed it wore out. I've ordered a bunch of different mice to see what I like and dislike, in hopes of getting something ?better?.

Logitech MX Master (v2?) - Amazon open box, just not for me. Wrong hand shape for how your hand rests on the mouse, and the side buttons just don't work for me. For the open box price, if I was doing something that required the thumb scroll wheel this would be great.

Logitech G-Pro wireless (Shroud Edition if that matters, it was cheaper) - Amazon new in box, so far the hand feel is good. A bit light for my liking, but I think with some sensitivity adjustments it should be good. Button placement is definitely a plus, they're much more my preference. I'll try it for a full week and see how I feel.

Logitech G305 - This is my work daily driver and I quite like it. For at home use, it's a bit small but at the office where my desk space is at a premium it works great. Not sure I'll order another as it is lacking the number of buttons I like, but it is a solid unit and the price is hard to beat.

Razer Deathadder Elite - this is the mouse I've been using for 10+ years, it's pretty much the baseline for all my preferences. The hand feel is right, buttons are where I like them, etc. As I noted the mouse I am replacing is the same model, which was a replacement of the v1 version I got in 2013. That v1 mouse is still kicking to this day as my sibling's daily driver and shows no signs of stopping... disconcerting the 'replacement' didn't last as long. My biggest concern is how this replacement will fare, will I get the same lifespan out of it?

GMMK Model O -58G - I'm borrowing this one from a friend, not sure how I feel about the holes in the palm. Hand feel is pretty good, though the scroll wheel feels odd to me. Probably not going to order this one, as I am leaning more towards the Logitech mice.

Have I missed any "gaming" or other mice? Preference towards a palm grip and 4+scroll wheel programmable buttons.

For my taste, the Logitech G502 is one of the best mice I've tried, period. I even bought one to use at work just because the shape of it works so well for me.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
villainous_frx (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 09:02 PM   #7224
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER
 
Clipdat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Drives: Subaru Boxer
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 8,144
Thanks: 7,066
Thanked 6,833 Times in 3,669 Posts
Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by villainous_frx View Post
It's a nice piece, personally I am more partial to SU003-07937. This is the "TRD" embroidered suede dash in the TRD SE cars.

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/par...ion-dash-panel

I actually saw this piece on Sunday and it looked great on a TRD inspired build. I do have a TRD kit on my car, but I think I still prefer the understated simplicity of the Toyota 86 logo.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
villainous_frx (04-25-2023)
Reply

Tags
have you turned it off/on, i heart my boxer, i still hate you all, kiss me, maple syrup, multipass, next one is a prequel, ow my balls, special_k abandoned you, the search for more money

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random Thoughts - Part Deux [NO POLITICS] Ultramaroon Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 84004 03-07-2022 11:00 AM
OEM BRZ spark plug part number? qqzj Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) 3 05-26-2017 11:33 PM
Random thoughts thread MrVito Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 37188 02-25-2016 10:00 AM
Random search on bing sdwagonjp Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 11 11-19-2014 07:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.