follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

View Poll Results: Who do you want to be your 2020 Norcal86 Board?
Trevor aka Mistersheep 11 84.62%
Nicolas aka Kapla 8 61.54%
Bryan aka PRKR8NGR 12 92.31%
Ivan aka Xeron 2 15.38%
Kimberly aka Honey86 11 84.62%
Vaughn Mendoza 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 02-25-2020, 12:04 PM   #1
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
VOTE! 2020 Norcal86 Board Election

You must view in the browser to see and vote in the poll, NOT Tapatalk

Please vote for up to 4 choices. The top 4 vote-getters will serve as your board members for 2020.

There will be no vote for President as there were no other nominations

Candidates please provide a brief statement to introduce yourself and give your case as to why you feel you would be a good representative of Norcal86. I will copy them all into the post immediately below.

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:08 PM   #2
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Candidate statements:

@PRKR8NGR:
Hello all,

Pretty much copy and pasted from a previous statement from another nomination I had. Lol

I'm Bryan, most of you know me as Blue by now, having been a 2019 NorCal86 board member.
But for those of you who don't know me, here is a little about myself...

Everyone calls me Blue because it's a combination of my first and last name. And ironically I have a blue car. Anyhow I moved to San Jose in August '14 to pursue a career in the parks as a Ranger. I bet you’re thinking… "You're my boy, Blue!" or "It's Morphin' Time!". Not the first time I heard it, don't get tired of hearing it though. For work, I drive numerous backroads (Highway 9, Skyline, Metcalf, Black, Mines, etc.). All fun but not in a truck with gear and equipment. Those roads interested me to purchase a car that would be fun to handle around the corners, therefore in January '16 I bought my FR-S.

Southbay meet n greets were on a hiatus when I bought my car. The first meet I went to was SF/Pen where I met board member. He welcomed me to the NorCal86 community and by the end of the meet added me to the Southbay groupchat since he knew I drove up from these. In Southbay, I met several other drivers and became very active in Southbay and the 86 community. I was added as an admin to the Norcal86 Facebook group page by a former board member and said I would be a great asset to the NorCal86 admin team. I then got approval by the one and only el presidente and the board to reboot the Southbay meets! I have dedicated and devoted my time to the meets since then and became a board member in 2019; though we have not held a meet the last few months due to weather conditions and lack of attendance in winter months.

Over the years being in the FR-S/BRZ/86 NorCal community, I have:
- June ’19: coordinated and assisted running the 2019 Summer Kickoff + being a legit grillmaster
- February ’19: elected in as a 2019 NorCal 86 board member
- June ’18: coordinated and led the Southbay caravan to Summer Kickoff
- February '17: coordinated and led the Southbay caravan to a surprise birthday drive (Who all was there for that event?)
- October '16: coordinated and led the Southbay caravan to End of Summer Celebration
- August '16: attended 86Day at Mann Enginneering
- June '16-present: co-coordinate with @Corona1994 in starting up the Southbay bi-weekly Wednesday meets again!
- June '16: coordinated and led the Southbay caravan to Summer Kickoff
- attended 9 SF/Pen bi-weekly Tuesday meets
- attended 9 Eastbay weekly Thursday meets
- attended 6 Dublin monthly Fridays meets
- attended ALL Southbay bi-weekly Wednesday meets
- numerous amounts of drive spontaneously drives
- attended and displayed my car in shows

Now having lived in San Jose for 5 years and expanding my connections/acquaintances through the community, I have grown to really appreciate the close knit 86 family! Friendly and welcoming, all willing to help each other learn about the car, how it handles, how to install parts, the best and not the best parts, etc.

If re-elected as a board member, I will represent and promote NorCal86 in a positive manner and help coordinate and run all our annual meets/events to the best of my ability. I hate seeing the 86-community becoming less and less active these days!

I look forward to meeting and driving with all of you at the events and meets to come!

Good luck to all the board member nominees, you all are a great bunch!

Thanks,
PRKR8NGR

@honey86:
I'd like to introduce myself, for those that I haven't had a chance to meet yet, my name is Kimberly, "Honey86" from the South Bay Area. I drive a Whiteout Pearl 2013 Scion FRS and have owned it for 5 years now. I originally was intrested in it because of its relation to the AE86 which I had at the top of my project car bucketlist, only I have to say this one is more aesthetically pleasing and handling is amazing.

Currently I am a brand ambassador for the Octane app, an app that provides information on local automotive events, including drives, shows and meets. Also a member of Explicit Subies. In the past I have been an event coordinator for a driving club named Cali Cruising, coordinating drives, car meets and participation in car shows.

During the season, I like to travel for car shows locally, this year I would like to be more active regionally as well as locally. On the weekends one of my favorite pass times is driving, Alice's is my favorite place to go on a Sunday morning. I am also an automotive photographer.

I was introduced to the community by a few members that are still active today, Bryan Lue, Weldon A., Wil, Nicholas and a few others. We all started canyon carving together and eventually continuously got together for food or boba. I loved meeting so many great people in our community and still do today.

If elected board member I will:
- Represent our community and the automotive community in a fun and positive way
- I will help with the coordination of drives, biweekly meets and other events we will participate in this year
- I will be welcoming to members just coming into our community and those already a part of it

One of my goals as a board member is to try to get more of us together, there are still a lot of owners in our region that have no idea we exist as a community. I'd also like to have our community be more active and have more of a presence in the automotive community.

Another goal I have is to strengthen our presence in the community by hosting events, mentoring those new to us, and guiding those seeking assistance.

Personal traits I think will make me a good fit:
- I'm tediously organized
- I'm inclusive and approachable
- I genuinely love being a host, whether it's a small drive, a cars and coffee or a car show I always like to make someone feel like they are welcomed.
- I can be creative when planning events, I have some new ideas for events we can host this year

Thank you for your time,
YOUR FEMALE NOMINEE HONEY86

VOTE HONEY86

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David

Last edited by finch1750; 02-25-2020 at 02:19 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to finch1750 For This Useful Post:
Kapla (02-26-2020), Okami (03-17-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 12:24 PM   #3
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Can I vote?
Just want to make sure that Sheep guy doesn't get in.
finch1750 (02-25-2020), MisterSheep (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 12:24 PM   #4
My Key

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 - Raven
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Viva El Presidente!

My Key is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to My Key For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (02-25-2020), MisterSheep (02-25-2020), Pwolf (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 12:24 PM   #5
PRKR8NGR

Drives: Oceanic FR-S
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Hello all,

Pretty much copy and pasted from a previous statement from another nomination I had. Lol

I'm Bryan, most of you know me as Blue by now, having been a 2019 NorCal86 board member.
But for those of you who don't know me, here is a little about myself...

Everyone calls me Blue because it's a combination of my first and last name. And ironically I have a blue car. Anyhow I moved to San Jose in August '14 to pursue a career in the parks as a Ranger. I bet you’re thinking… "You're my boy, Blue!" or "It's Morphin' Time!". Not the first time I heard it, don't get tired of hearing it though. For work, I drive numerous backroads (Highway 9, Skyline, Metcalf, Black, Mines, etc.). All fun but not in a truck with gear and equipment. Those roads interested me to purchase a car that would be fun to handle around the corners, therefore in January '16 I bought my FR-S.

Southbay meet n greets were on a hiatus when I bought my car. The first meet I went to was SF/Pen where I met board member. He welcomed me to the NorCal86 community and by the end of the meet added me to the Southbay groupchat since he knew I drove up from these. In Southbay, I met several other drivers and became very active in Southbay and the 86 community. I was added as an admin to the Norcal86 Facebook group page by a former board member and said I would be a great asset to the NorCal86 admin team. I then got approval by the one and only el presidente and the board to reboot the Southbay meets! I have dedicated and devoted my time to the meets since then and became a board member in 2019; though we have not held a meet the last few months due to weather conditions and lack of attendance in winter months.

Over the years being in the FR-S/BRZ/86 NorCal community, I have:
- June ’19: coordinated and assisted running the 2019 Summer Kickoff + being a legit grillmaster
- February ’19: elected in as a 2019 NorCal 86 board member
- June ’18: coordinated and led the Southbay caravan to Summer Kickoff
- February '17: coordinated and led the Southbay caravan to a surprise birthday drive (Who all was there for that event?)
- October '16: coordinated and led the Southbay caravan to End of Summer Celebration
- August '16: attended 86Day at Mann Enginneering
- June '16-present: co-coordinate with @Corona1994 in starting up the Southbay bi-weekly Wednesday meets again!
- June '16: coordinated and led the Southbay caravan to Summer Kickoff
- attended 9 SF/Pen bi-weekly Tuesday meets
- attended 9 Eastbay weekly Thursday meets
- attended 6 Dublin monthly Fridays meets
- attended ALL Southbay bi-weekly Wednesday meets
- numerous amounts of drive spontaneously drives
- attended and displayed my car in shows

Now having lived in San Jose for 5 years and expanding my connections/acquaintances through the community, I have grown to really appreciate the close knit 86 family! Friendly and welcoming, all willing to help each other learn about the car, how it handles, how to install parts, the best and not the best parts, etc.

If re-elected as a board member, I will represent and promote NorCal86 in a positive manner and help coordinate and run all our annual meets/events to the best of my ability. I hate seeing the 86-community becoming less and less active these days!

I look forward to meeting and driving with all of you at the events and meets to come!

Good luck to all the board member nominees, you all are a great bunch!

Thanks,
PRKR8NGR

Last edited by PRKR8NGR; 02-25-2020 at 02:02 PM.
PRKR8NGR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PRKR8NGR For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (02-25-2020), Kapla (02-26-2020), Pish (02-25-2020), Tcoat (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 12:28 PM   #6
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Can I vote?
Just want to make sure that Sheep guy doesn't get in.
Go for it. Just watch your back if you come back to Kickoff again. I heard @MisterSheep holds a grudge

My Key (03-05-2020), Tcoat (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 12:31 PM   #7
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
Go for it. Just watch your back if you come back to Kickoff again. I heard @MisterSheep holds a grudge
He doesn't scare me! Any date for kickoff yet? I don't think I can make any dates in June.
MisterSheep (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 12:34 PM   #8
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
He doesn't scare me! Any date for kickoff yet? I don't think I can make any dates in June.
It's still in June this year. Future dates TBA since I'm getting married the week it normally lands on. Dont think the wife will enjoy that as a way to spend our anniversary every year.

PRKR8NGR (02-25-2020), Tcoat (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 12:38 PM   #9
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
It's still in June this year. Future dates TBA since I'm getting married the week it normally lands on. Dont think the wife will enjoy that as a way to spend our anniversary every year.
Ahhh well offer her my condolences.
finch1750 (02-25-2020), SmartedPanda (02-26-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 02:00 PM   #10
honey86

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hello everyone!

I'd like to introduce myself, for those that I haven't had a chance to meet yet, my name is Kimberly, "Honey86" from the South Bay Area. I drive a Whiteout Pearl 2013 Scion FRS and have owned it for 5 years now. I originally was intrested in it because of its relation to the AE86 which I had at the top of my project car bucketlist, only I have to say this one is more aesthetically pleasing and handling is amazing.

Currently I am a brand ambassador for the Octane app, an app that provides information on local automotive events, including drives, shows and meets. Also a member of Explicit Subies. In the past I have been an event coordinator for a driving club named Cali Cruising, coordinating drives, car meets and participation in car shows.

During the season, I like to travel for car shows locally, this year I would like to be more active regionally as well as locally. On the weekends one of my favorite pass times is driving, Alice's is my favorite place to go on a Sunday morning. I am also an automotive photographer.

I was introduced to the community by a few members that are still active today, Bryan Lue, Weldon A., Wil, Nicholas and a few others. We all started canyon carving together and eventually continuously got together for food or boba. I loved meeting so many great people in our community and still do today.

If elected board member I will:
- Represent our community and the automotive community in a fun and positive way
- I will help with the coordination of drives, biweekly meets and other events we will participate in this year
- I will be welcoming to members just coming into our community and those already a part of it

One of my goals as a board member is to try to get more of us together, there are still a lot of owners in our region that have no idea we exist as a community. I'd also like to have our community be more active and have more of a presence in the automotive community.

Another goal I have is to strengthen our presence in the community by hosting events, mentoring those new to us, and guiding those seeking assistance.

Personal traits I think will make me a good fit:
- I'm tediously organized
- I'm inclusive and approachable
- I genuinely love being a host, whether it's a small drive, a cars and coffee or a car show I always like to make someone feel like they are welcomed.
- I can be creative when planning events, I have some new ideas for events we can host this year

Thank you for your time,
YOUR FEMALE NOMINEE HONEY86

VOTE HONEY86
honey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to honey86 For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (02-25-2020), Kapla (02-26-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 04:09 PM   #11
Pish
#teamswagoi

Drives: 2014 Raven FR-S Monogram
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRKR8NGR View Post

Southbay meet n greets were on a hiatus when I bought my car. The first meet I went to was SF/Pen where I met board member. He welcomed me to the NorCal86 community and by the end of the meet added me to the Southbay groupchat since he knew I drove up from these.
I made it into an origins story, so honored uwu.
#vote4azul
Pish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pish For This Useful Post:
Kapla (02-26-2020), PRKR8NGR (02-25-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 07:16 PM   #12
Kapla

Drives: :D
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Hey everyone,

My name is Nic, aka Kapla, and I was previously a part of the 2019 NorCal 86 Board. I'm in the Milpitas/San Jose area and have been helping out with hosting the Southbay Biweekly meet and greets!

I first got into the FRS/BRZ/86 back in 2016 when I saw a FRS on the freeway. I never saw one prior to that and instantly told myself 'I need to get one', and ended up getting a 2016 Subaru BRZ. I had done a few mods to it but mainly cosmetic. I really wanted to learn how to drive the car and how to work on it. I was initially introduced to the NorCal 86 community after going to a few of the Southbay meets. I met some amazing people who welcomed me with open arms and I learned a lot about my car. As time went on, newer faces started showing up to meets and I wanted to take the role of welcoming new and old faces, answer their questions about the platform to the best of my ability, and to enjoy each other's time and company.

The 2016 Subaru BRZ as well as my 2018 Subaru BRZ tS I unfortunately no longer have. Despite no longer owning a twin, I still absolutely love this community and I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the board and absolutely want to be a part of it again! I had a great time helping out with events, like being a grill master at Summer Kickoff, and hosting Southbay Biweekly meets!

If reelected, I hope to not only continue assisting with current meets and events, but to plan other events as well for those that have a bit more free time on the weekends. Others have expressed their interest in drives and coffee meet ups and I'd love to make that happen! I will represent NorCal 86 in a very positive light and keep the love for this platform alive and strong

Thank you for your time! I hope to see you all at an event or meet soon!

Good luck to the other board member candidates!

- Nic