follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 11-25-2021, 01:24 PM   #1
Canadian Guy

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Troubleshooting noise from Front Left Wheel

Hi FT86,

Looking to troubleshoot an odd noise coming from the front left wheel; thank you in advance!! I've yet to take the wheel off to do a more thorough due to not having the tools at my new place yet. Scheduled a time with my mechanic, however its not until next week. BRZ that has been through 4 winters.

Some symptoms:
- Odd rubbing/humming sound that occurs at 90-95km/hr, not present if below or above these speeds (tried to get a sound clip but theres too much cabin noise).
- no vibrations experienced and car drives straight if I let go of the wheel, no loud noises present when braking or vibration
- I've suspected wheel bearings so I did the wobble test after raising the side with the scissor jack; no play in any direction. I did the spin test to try and hear the growl but the sound present was a creaking (see video). The sound doesn't get louder as the wheel spins faster.
- tire pressures are all equal

I am borrowing a garage this weekend to do some investigating but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this?

Canadian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 12:38 PM   #2
Kauf

Drives: 2014 SSM BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Did you find out what this was?