follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2019, 04:11 PM   #8373
jflogerzi
Senior Member
 
jflogerzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 5,543
Thanks: 2,002
Thanked 2,028 Times in 1,466 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroby View Post
JDM, do yourself a favor, like Jon Bond performance on Facebook. Ask him the pertinent questions, When I was running mine, I had all pulleys 69,70, 75 , and I believe 80.
Jon will let you know the max rpm,s engineered for the rotors is I believe just shy of 15,000 rpm,s. With the 70 your are just slightly over driving the rotor pac. Not a problem if your not doing endurance racing. The 69mm spins the rotor pac to slightly over 17,000 rpm.
You are going to hear bench racers on the forum giving you all their engineering credentials.
That being said, bond has been doing superchargers in the industry for many many years. As he is also an engineer he knows his stuff and can back it up with fact. In the Sprintex/ bullet supercharger world, he knows the tech data that sprintex USA division in Michigan hasnít a clue, or at least wonít even provide torque specs on internal bolts I.e nose drive, rotor pac etc.
Itís a great unit for the money used, have it gone through upgraded as I did mine with Viton seals and ceramic bearings. Never let it get low on oil in the nose drive or itís toast.
It has an inherent design flaw from an engineering standpoint that the nose drive gears are to close to the front seals. It gets hot in there. He created the catch can for it to relieve the presure as the oil gets pounded by the front gears. It works some what but under heavy boost mine would puke out tha can causing a mess. I removed it. Plugged it and would just pre-trip it and post trip it after every run. Do this and you will be fine.
Again Jon Bond needs to start being your best friend with the sprintex. Hope this helps.
This I agree for a used kit it's a very good bargin. New not so much and if your not in a carb state I would still go turbo. Once you get this kit setup there is not much room for any growth except for pulleys. But it's fairly simple and you take care of it it will take care of you. I opted to get the Jon Bond breather addon for my install snice it was used with 30k on the blower. So far I have not seen any SC oil leaking.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:16 PM   #8374
jflogerzi
Senior Member
 
jflogerzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 5,543
Thanks: 2,002
Thanked 2,028 Times in 1,466 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank1972 View Post
Congrats it sounds like exactly what the car needs. I'll be limited to 93 here in CT, there actually is E85 about 20 minutes from where I work, but its 20 minutes in the wrong direction so not worth it. How does it feel power wise to other faster cars you've driven?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Sadly this is the fastest car I have owned. I have been in other turbo based cars. Still has a bit of lag in the lower rpms but the power band is way smoother vs a turbo. It feels like your driving a nice V6 in a low weight solid chassis car. If your a numbers chaser don't get this kit. The best way I can describe this kit is all the power is useable and if you enjoy what makes the 86 fun this kit just amps that up by 10 fold. But if you are used to giant v8's PR high power horse cars, this not the kit for you. Personally I feel the way this drives it should have came this way from the factory with this level of power. SC or turbo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
__________________
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jflogerzi For This Useful Post:
bfrank1972 (05-11-2019)
Old 05-12-2019, 12:27 PM   #8375
JDM_Import
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Drives: Boosted Toyobaru
Location: Canada
Posts: 62
Thanks: 45
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroby View Post
JDM, do yourself a favor, like Jon Bond performance on Facebook. Ask him the pertinent questions, When I was running mine, I had all pulleys 69,70, 75 , and I believe 80.
Jon will let you know the max rpm,s engineered for the rotors is I believe just shy of 15,000 rpm,s. With the 70 your are just slightly over driving the rotor pac. Not a problem if your not doing endurance racing. The 69mm spins the rotor pac to slightly over 17,000 rpm.
You are going to hear bench racers on the forum giving you all their engineering credentials.
That being said, bond has been doing superchargers in the industry for many many years. As he is also an engineer he knows his stuff and can back it up with fact. In the Sprintex/ bullet supercharger world, he knows the tech data that sprintex USA division in Michigan hasnít a clue, or at least wonít even provide torque specs on internal bolts I.e nose drive, rotor pac etc.
Itís a great unit for the money used, have it gone through upgraded as I did mine with Viton seals and ceramic bearings. Never let it get low on oil in the nose drive or itís toast.
It has an inherent design flaw from an engineering standpoint that the nose drive gears are to close to the front seals. It gets hot in there. He created the catch can for it to relieve the presure as the oil gets pounded by the front gears. It works some what but under heavy boost mine would puke out tha can causing a mess. I removed it. Plugged it and would just pre-trip it and post trip it after every run. Do this and you will be fine.
Again Jon Bond needs to start being your best friend with the sprintex. Hope this helps.
I have an AOS installed. Besides the intense heat under hood I havent had any problems this far.... the 69 pulley does worry me a bit, like you mentioned the S/C max rpm is just under 15,000 rpm and the pulley pushes it to 17,000 rpm. (That already sounds sketchy lol) My next mod will be an oil cooler. I dont really track my car, maybe once a year, besides that just some pulls on the road. You made a good point in upgrading seals and bearings. That might my second upgrade after the oil cooler. Thanks for the help
JDM_Import is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:36 PM   #8376
86TOYO2k17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Location: PNW
Posts: 2,131
Thanks: 336
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_Import View Post
I have an AOS installed. Besides the intense heat under hood I havent had any problems this far.... the 69 pulley does worry me a bit, like you mentioned the S/C max rpm is just under 15,000 rpm and the pulley pushes it to 17,000 rpm. (That already sounds sketchy lol) My next mod will be an oil cooler. I dont really track my car, maybe once a year, besides that just some pulls on the road. You made a good point in upgrading seals and bearings. That might my second upgrade after the oil cooler. Thanks for the help
The max rpm is a continuous rpm. Meaning donít regularly or continuously go over that like holding it at redline banging off limiter. But for the less then half a second you exceed the RPM when doing a pull it wonít really matter too much. I doubt sprintex would have made a 69mm pulley if it wasnít relatively safe for the blower. You can also set rev limiter a little lower since it loses top end efficiency anyways and basically just short shift 2-300rpm if your really concerned.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86TOYO2k17 For This Useful Post:
JDM_Import (05-12-2019)
Old 05-12-2019, 12:55 PM   #8377
sqd
Senior Member
 
sqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Drives: '13 SWP GT86
Location: Sweden
Posts: 395
Thanks: 178
Thanked 377 Times in 166 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is this? An intake temp sensor? It's something aftermarket anyway.. I bought my 210 used, but freshly rebuilt. But the stock plate that only housed the stock MAP sensor also came with the unit, but this was the installed one.



If it is an IAT sensor, how do I splice it/connect it to the harness/ECU so Ecutek can read it?
__________________
IG @squareddesign
http://www.squareddesign.se
sqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #8378
JDM_Import
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Drives: Boosted Toyobaru
Location: Canada
Posts: 62
Thanks: 45
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
The max rpm is a continuous rpm. Meaning don’t regularly or continuously go over that like holding it at redline banging off limiter. But for the less then half a second you exceed the RPM when doing a pull it won’t really matter too much. I doubt sprintex would have made a 69mm pulley if it wasn’t relatively safe for the blower. You can also set rev limiter a little lower since it loses top end efficiency anyways and basically just short shift 2-300rpm if your really concerned.
Funny you mention that because I usually shift a little short of 7,000rpms. Good point

Last edited by JDM_Import; 05-12-2019 at 03:16 PM.
JDM_Import is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:27 PM   #8379
sroby
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Drives: 2015 Firestorm 08/05/15
Location: Dallas Ga
Posts: 320
Thanks: 376
Thanked 122 Times in 76 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Good deal, the low end and mid range pull is stellar, I smoked many turbo setups 1 2 3 gear pulls. 4 the gear turbos start coming on strong, enjoy your set up partner.
sroby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:07 PM   #8380
Kodename47
Senior Member
 
Kodename47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: UK GT86
Location: UK
Posts: 3,040
Thanks: 185
Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqd View Post
What is this? An intake temp sensor?
It is, take 2 wires from the MAF. I can't remember off hand but the wiring diagram might help.
__________________
.: Stealth 86 :.
Abbey Motorsport/K47 Tuned Sprintex 210 Supercharger

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
sqd (05-16-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 05:53 PM   #8381
sqd
Senior Member
 
sqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Drives: '13 SWP GT86
Location: Sweden
Posts: 395
Thanks: 178
Thanked 377 Times in 166 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
It is, take 2 wires from the MAF. I can't remember off hand but the wiring diagram might help.
Alright, thank you! You're one of the handful of people around these forums I'd actually want a reply from Because I know you know a lot about the car/Sprintex/Ecutek and tuning etc. Exactly where I am at right now with my own build

Gotta find out which those wires are..

Also, when hooking up a wideband O2 so Ecutek can read it, and replacing the secondary O2, am I thinking right that:
- Wideband O2 harness to gauge (I have a AEM X-series gauge with the included Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor)
- And from the gauge I connect the gauge harness signal cable to the blue one from the stock O2

I know, not really relevant to the thread but taking the opportunity here

__________________
IG @squareddesign
http://www.squareddesign.se
sqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:56 PM   #8382
Kodename47
Senior Member
 
Kodename47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: UK GT86
Location: UK
Posts: 3,040
Thanks: 185
Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqd View Post
Gotta find out which those wires are..
They are 2 at one end of the MAF, 3 used for airflow, 2 for IAT. Just cut and reroute the IAT ones. I did mine with a connector so could be switched back if ever required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqd View Post
Also, when hooking up a wideband O2 so Ecutek can read it, and replacing the secondary O2, am I thinking right that:
- Wideband O2 harness to gauge (I have a AEM X-series gauge with the included Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor)
- And from the gauge I connect the gauge harness signal cable to the blue one from the stock O2
Looks like the blue and white wire according to the help file on EcuTek.
__________________
.: Stealth 86 :.
Abbey Motorsport/K47 Tuned Sprintex 210 Supercharger

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
sqd (05-17-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 04:04 AM   #8383
Amflow2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Drives: 2k16 frs
Location: Fontana
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi guys, I am looking for 72.5mm Pulley, does anybody has it? shipped to 92336.

Also, is it ok to have 72.5mm pulley on 210 sprintex with e85 flex fuel kit with stock injectors and fuel pump?. I have read before that it is safe to do so? Just want to confirm before I proceed. Thanks!
Amflow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:17 AM   #8384
tomm.brz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Location: italy
Posts: 2,207
Thanks: 502
Thanked 1,070 Times in 778 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
They are 2 at one end of the MAF, 3 used for airflow, 2 for IAT. Just cut and reroute the IAT ones. I did mine with a connector so could be switched back if ever required.

Looks like the blue and white wire according to the help file on EcuTek.

yes for wideband, old bue is for output signal from gauge, white is for. reference
it helped me connecting also the reference to the same ground as the aem gauge (black wire from gauge)

for IAT it s the 2 wire left, when looking at the maf frontly, with the cables in opposite direction than you
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tomm.brz For This Useful Post:
sqd (05-18-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 05:28 PM   #8385
jflogerzi
Senior Member
 
jflogerzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 5,543
Thanks: 2,002
Thanked 2,028 Times in 1,466 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amflow2 View Post
Hi guys, I am looking for 72.5mm Pulley, does anybody has it? shipped to 92336.

Also, is it ok to have 72.5mm pulley on 210 sprintex with e85 flex fuel kit with stock injectors and fuel pump?. I have read before that it is safe to do so? Just want to confirm before I proceed. Thanks!
I will let you know in about a few weeks. I will be getting my setup tuned for e85. Its exactly like yours. Might want to contact delicious tuning. They teased new stuff for this kit and I am betting its pulleys as no one is making them anymore sadly. The 72.5,70,69
__________________
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:37 AM   #8386
ajcarson11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (Black)
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 511
Thanks: 253
Thanked 206 Times in 149 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amflow2 View Post
Hi guys, I am looking for 72.5mm Pulley, does anybody has it? shipped to 92336.

Also, is it ok to have 72.5mm pulley on 210 sprintex with e85 flex fuel kit with stock injectors and fuel pump?. I have read before that it is safe to do so? Just want to confirm before I proceed. Thanks!
I have been running the 72.5 on e85 with stock pump and injectors for 25k miles now. No issues. I purchased my pulley from Moto east. They were the only vendor who still had them at the time.
ajcarson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ajcarson11 For This Useful Post:
jflogerzi (05-19-2019)
 
Reply

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Innovative ideas to increase interior storage capacity? swift996 Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 0 01-30-2013 10:45 PM
AVO vs Innovative diss7 Forced Induction 32 01-21-2013 06:15 PM
Not another need to drive topic Sargy Mid-Atlantic 5 11-27-2012 12:18 PM
Technical topic sub-forums OrbitalEllipses Site Announcements / Questions / Issues 1 07-17-2012 11:38 PM
Can you close the topic please? Standardsuspension Brakes, Suspension, Chassis 14 06-26-2012 05:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.