follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 06-22-2018, 12:19 PM   #183
Breadman

Drives: 2017 BRZ w/PP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I literally have nothing positve to say about them. Currently they are not responding about an order I have that they said should have shipped 2 weeks ago. I am currently waiting on this order to finish my tune with DT and odds are not only will I not be done for my firstautox day after my move but it will probably show up while im on vacation. Hopefully this will get some.kind of reply
Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #184
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman View Post
I literally have nothing positve to say about them. Currently they are not responding about an order I have that they said should have shipped 2 weeks ago. I am currently waiting on this order to finish my tune with DT and odds are not only will I not be done for my firstautox day after my move but it will probably show up while im on vacation. Hopefully this will get some.kind of reply
What did you order? Was it a special request or was there an unusual request involved? 2 weeks is a long time for something to not ship without a reason.

PM me directly.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:25 PM   #185
Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
What did you order? Was it a special request or was there an unusual request involved? 2 weeks is a long time for something to not ship without a reason.

PM me directly.

David just emailed me, it appears to be resolved now.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:27 PM   #186
CSG Mike

Quote:
Quote:

PM me directly.
Ok, so I did some digging, and this is what I got.

- You placed an order for an Ace header + ecutek + tune
- You received everything, as well as your tune
- You went through the process of getting 5 revisions (6 tunes total)
- You placed an order for a Flex Fuel kit, but were in the process of moving, and ask for the order to be held until your new address is actually your new address
- The FF functionality was added to your tune, free of charge, as a courtesy
- You're now waiting for your flex fuel kit which was ordered 2+ weeks ago

Does that sound about right? Please let me know if there are any gaps in my info.

Let me see what we can do to get this resolved.

*edit* appears resolved.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:46 AM   #187
Breadman

Quote:
Ok, so I did some digging, and this is what I got.

- You placed an order for an Ace header + ecutek + tune
- You received everything, as well as your tune
- You went through the process of getting 5 revisions (6 tunes total)
- You placed an order for a Flex Fuel kit, but were in the process of moving, and ask for the order to be held until your new address is actually your new address
- The FF functionality was added to your tune, free of charge, as a courtesy
- You're now waiting for your flex fuel kit which was ordered 2+ weeks ago

Does that sound about right? Please let me know if there are any gaps in my info.

Let me see what we can do to get this resolved.

*edit* appears resolved.
thats what should have happened/what i was told has happened. if we actually want to get into the actual details i ordred back in march then in april i found out i was going to be moving before to a place with e85 at the end of may. when i find that out i ask if i can get the flex tune and order the kit once i move and have money, i was told that wasnt the way to do it and got the 93 and you guy could switch it for me. after i move i call back and ask about the tune switch i get an email and reply. i was told that because its been "over a month" since i got the headers" (i got the tune may 10th and it was still may when i reached out) you guys could "probably" add the flex. a week goes by no response, i call and leave a message, no reply, i call again and was told the person i was emailing is OOO and to place the order because it will ship by end of week. 2 weeks go by its still processing. i call twice asking about status and hear nothing. after making this post i finally get a reply saying it would ship friday.

all this time, no fault of csg, i got some bad gas apparently with and zach and i agreed that we would stop tuning until i get the flex kit. i also kinked one of the gaskets because i put it on backwards originally and had to take it off so i also think i have a gas leak. it is just very frustrating being ghosted, then being told one thing and not hearing anything back. im just salty over the whole experience and the fact that by the time i get these im going to be leaving for vacation on the 9th and missing my first autox which i was really pumped for. but so it goes i guess
Old 06-24-2018, 10:33 PM   #188
CSG Mike

Quote:
thats what should have happened/what i was told has happened. if we actually want to get into the actual details i ordred back in march then in april i found out i was going to be moving before to a place with e85 at the end of may. when i find that out i ask if i can get the flex tune and order the kit once i move and have money, i was told that wasnt the way to do it and got the 93 and you guy could switch it for me. after i move i call back and ask about the tune switch i get an email and reply. i was told that because its been "over a month" since i got the headers" (i got the tune may 10th and it was still may when i reached out) you guys could "probably" add the flex. a week goes by no response, i call and leave a message, no reply, i call again and was told the person i was emailing is OOO and to place the order because it will ship by end of week. 2 weeks go by its still processing. i call twice asking about status and hear nothing. after making this post i finally get a reply saying it would ship friday.

all this time, no fault of csg, i got some bad gas apparently with and zach and i agreed that we would stop tuning until i get the flex kit. i also kinked one of the gaskets because i put it on backwards originally and had to take it off so i also think i have a gas leak. it is just very frustrating being ghosted, then being told one thing and not hearing anything back. im just salty over the whole experience and the fact that by the time i get these im going to be leaving for vacation on the 9th and missing my first autox which i was really pumped for. but so it goes i guess
If you don't get a response within 1 business day, next time, PM me directly. I can make things happen very quickly if nobody in sales is responding or if something is missing.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:12 AM   #189
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Man, been a long time since I've been on this forum (almost 3 years now). I don't have my FRS anymore, but I did get an AP1 S2000 this past spring.

I just wanted to come on here and say thank to Mike for calling me back last night and spending over an hour of his time talking to me about all things S2K and cars in general. I ordered a set of coilovers from CSG after our call last night and got the email earlier today confirming the order and then a subsequent email saying the order had been shipped.

Thanks again Mike and CSG! Buy with confidence, they certainly will help you make a decision based on your budget and goals.

53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 53Driver For This Useful Post:
bcj (10-11-2018), CounterSpace Garage (10-11-2018), Tcoat (10-18-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 10:04 PM   #190
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
I had a 40 minute phone call with Mike earlier today during which we discussed the following topics: suspension/coilovers, springs, oil, oil coolers, catch cans, and tires.

At no point during the call did Mike try to make a quick sale, even though he had several opportunities to. Instead, he gave me real world information - served straight up with no bs. I found his insight and perspective to be invaluable, because I could tell he was being honest and open.

Ironically, because he didn't push to make a sale, he's now gained a customer. I will be giving my business to CSG in the future when the need arises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (11-19-2018), FirstWinter (11-10-2018), ScoobsMcGee (11-07-2018), SuperTom (12-17-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 11:03 PM   #191
BlueWhelan

Drives: 2013 Blue Subaru BRZ. 6 Spd manual
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Stepped up for a not-yet-customer

So I had an issue with my Jackson Racing oil cooler earlier this week. Upon inspection of the kit (which I acquired second hand - yeah yeah...you get what you pay for ), I realized that one of the oil line's M22 ports that thread into the cooler core didn't have an o-ring on it. Kinda need that to ensure a leak free system...lol. I wanted to get the cooler installed soon so I could start participating in the SoCal region of 86CUP, but can't do that until I can get the cooler system to seal.

Not knowing where to get these particular o-rings, I reached out to CSG, both here and via email, asking if they could help me track down the part number for the fitting, or possibly order me some spare rings. Mike and David both responded in no time, and David put me in touch with Jackson Racing so my issue could be expedited. All said, Jackson Racing will be sending me some spares, I'll be able to get the cooler installed, and CSG has gained a future customer! I'll be pinging them for some track pads in the not so distant future.

Top quality lads over there! haha
BlueWhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueWhelan For This Useful Post:
CounterSpace Garage (08-09-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 02:46 PM   #192
byun

Drives: 2015 BRZ CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
CounterSpace Garage (CSG) Feedback & Suggestion Thread

Zach worked his magic while up here at The Racers Line dyno tuning my harrop supercharged brz. I've had multiple e-tunes and revisions over the last few years so I went in thinking there might be some slight changes in power but figured the drivability/manners in stop and go traffic and from a start would remain some what consistent with how it's been.

To my surprise when I picked the car up, it was noticeable from just leaving the parking lot that the car was much different. No more jumpiness/lag when starting from a stop and when clutching in while in traffic the revs don’t hang or drop so quickly where the car almost stalls.

Have to say I’m really excited how smooth the tune is and feels buttery all the way from 1k to redline. The added power is a great bonus too, really happy I chose to get it retuned.

Last edited by byun; 08-09-2019 at 09:16 PM.
byun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to byun For This Useful Post:
CounterSpace Garage (08-09-2019), The Racers Line (08-13-2019)
Old 12-17-2019, 06:14 PM   #193
Var

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I bought some goodies for the BRZ between SEMA and now, including a full Wisefab rear setup, subframe bushings, some safety equipment and a Laguna exhaust. CSG steered me away from making some bad safety decisions even though they could have sold me the parts I wanted and made more money. The advise along the purchasing process was invaluable. And I feel confident I can drop them an email when it's time to setup the new control arms if I need any advise or help.

The only suggestion I have is to improve the website which I heard is under way. Other than that, A+ service and support. I'm doing my best to support local shops when I can. Will probably be buying aero from Racer's Line to spread the love . I know I'm not rich but I like to blow the little money I have on my car
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:27 PM   #194
Steveiam

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I had my car e-tuned with JDL turbo kit and flex fuel. Best tuning experience I've ever had! Zach answered every question I asked and it was answered promptly with detail, and I know I asked a ton of stupid questions.

I didn't have a single issue during the tuning process, and the car ran butter smooth even before the final revision. I was surprised by how much power it made when the car was put on the dyno. It way exceeded my expectation.

I'd get e-tuned by Zach any day over any local dyno tuners, and the only reason I'll go to a dyno tune is if Zach is tuning it.
Steveiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 05:14 PM   #195
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,451 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveiam View Post
I had my car e-tuned with JDL turbo kit and flex fuel. Best tuning experience I've ever had! Zach answered every question I asked and it was answered promptly with detail, and I know I asked a ton of stupid questions.

I didn't have a single issue during the tuning process, and the car ran butter smooth even before the final revision. I was surprised by how much power it made when the car was put on the dyno. It way exceeded my expectation.

I'd get e-tuned by Zach any day over any local dyno tuners, and the only reason I'll go to a dyno tune is if Zach is tuning it.
Zach really knows his stuff. I love his tune he did on my car. Always willing to go the extra mile. When ever I need a tune and he can support the platform, I will always pick him.
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 05:55 PM   #196
e30cabrio

Drives: 2017 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Zach deserves the highest praise! He tuned my car quickly & has responded to numerous emails about mods that have very little to do with the tune (until they are on and I need a new tune)

The car feels like it has a different motor and I'm loving it!

Thanks CSG & Zach!

Last edited by e30cabrio; 09-03-2020 at 08:05 PM.
e30cabrio is offline   Reply With Quote