follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 11-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #71
Kids Heart

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nissan died with the S-chassis
Kids Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #72
NemesisPrime909

Drives: 91 Toyota Supra 16 Nissan Versa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kids Heart View Post
Nissan died with the S-chassis
considering how well the 350Z, 370z, and GTR sold I'm inclined to disagree with that statement.

Granted I'm not a fan of those 3 cars but I still respect them
Old 11-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #73
NemesisPrime909

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALbadboy View Post
I can definitely dig the nismo
I'm typically not a fan of white cars But I like this one with those wheels it would look killer

also looking at it again, the wheelbase looks absolutely tiny compared with the rest of the car.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #74
mike the snake

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
THIS, is gorgeous!

The new version, like the camaro, mustang, charger, have lost the spirit of the original designs. The only new version that does any justice is the new Dodge Challenger.

I didn't read the whole thread, is this new car front wheel drive? If so, Forget about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
For reference:
mike the snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:44 AM   #75
4agze

Drives: Toyota Corolla SR5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I want to like the concept buy its ugly ass f@ç* to me only thing I'm digging is the fender mirrors lol
4agze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #76
reni
Nobody beats the B[I|R]Z

Drives: shopping cart i stole from walmart
Thanked 1,145 Times in 456 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisPrime909 View Post
considering how well the 350Z, 370z, and GTR sold I'm inclined to disagree with that statement.
the camry outsold the f40, I guess it is a better car then
reni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #77
ZDan

Drives: '23 BRZ
Thanked 3,891 Times in 2,032 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Small, lightweight, rwd/irs, not a gazillion dollars? I'm interested...
ZDan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZDan For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (11-24-2013)
Old 11-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #78
NemesisPrime909

Quote:
Originally Posted by reni View Post
the camry outsold the f40, I guess it is a better car then
to live with? yes.

as a car, no.

The F40 was a technical marvel. it the first analog car to breach the 200mph barrier (analog meaning it didn't have computers managing any and everything like modern Ferrari's). But The F40 is not a car the average joe could own.

1. rarity- good luck finding one

2. it's a Ferrari, if you don't have the funds to shelter it then you better be prepared to come out of your home one morning and find it missing.

3. not comfortable in the slightest- super cars are focused on speed, handling, and lap times. damn the comfort.

4. the cost of ownership- be prepared to shelf out hundreds, in not thousands of dollars per service.

the Toyota Camry on the other hand was built for the average citizen. it was cheap to insure, services were cheap, and because it wasn't designed to be the fastest car in the world, cheap to build. This meant that Toyota could build hundreds of thousands of the things. Meaning that because there were so many of them there was a much lower risk of theft. It also means that there would be no shortage of parts if one were to go wrong.

so if some one were to ask "which car would be better to own, an F40, or Camry?" I would go with the camry.

A adore the the F40 but this is the real world we live in.

I digress, you missed my original point.

The person I quoted said that Nissan died with the S-chassis.

I was merely arguing the point that since the S-chassis' demise the 350Z, 370Z, and GTR have come into the light. Now if you sit there and tell me that the 350Z was a terrible car just because it wasn't an S-chassis vehicle I will point you to it's history.

while it wasn't all that cheap, people bought them up like there was no tomorrow. for awhile every tuning shop had a 350Z build. they saturated the tuning car culture sometimes appearing up 3 times as features in a single magazine issue. before the LS swap began to take over people were dropping the 350Z's VQ35DE into RX-7's S13's, S14's, and even the S15's in japan.

the list goes on.

While the 370z wasn't as popular as the 350z it still saturated the market. thought by this time it was overshadowed by the arrival of the R35 GT-R.

now the R35 has been a hit from the start. No one can deny that (I personally don't like it as I think it's TOO technical). People loved that fact that it (at the time ) delivered supercar performance for a fraction of supercar price. and like the 350 before it began to saturate the tuning media. people adored and still adore that car.

So while I'm not a fan of those 3 cars, I will not deny that they are good cars with huge cult followings.

To say that Nissan hasn't been any good since the S15 is just and untrue statement.

-Point
Old 11-24-2013, 12:23 AM   #79
Exhaust
UCanThrottleMyBody

Drives: 2015 GM 370z Sport
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
to live with? yes.

as a car, no.

The F40 was a technical marvel. it the first analog car to breach the 200mph barrier (analog meaning it didn't have computers managing any and everything like modern Ferrari's). But The F40 is not a car the average joe could own.

1. rarity- good luck finding one

2. it's a Ferrari, if you don't have the funds to shelter it then you better be prepared to come out of your home one morning and find it missing.

3. not comfortable in the slightest- super cars are focused on speed, handling, and lap times. damn the comfort.

4. the cost of ownership- be prepared to shelf out hundreds, in not thousands of dollars per service.

the Toyota Camry on the other hand was built for the average citizen. it was cheap to insure, services were cheap, and because it wasn't designed to be the fastest car in the world, cheap to build. This meant that Toyota could build hundreds of thousands of the things. Meaning that because there were so many of them there was a much lower risk of theft. It also means that there would be no shortage of parts if one were to go wrong.

so if some one were to ask "which car would be better to own, an F40, or Camry?" I would go with the camry.

A adore the the F40 but this is the real world we live in.

I digress, you missed my original point.

I was merely arguing the point that since the S-chassis' demise the 350Z, 370Z, and GTR have come into the light. Now if you sit there and tell me that the 350Z was a terrible car just because it wasn't an S-chassis vehicle I will point you to it's history.

while it wasn't all that cheap, people bought them up like there was no tomorrow. for awhile every tuning shop had a 350Z build. they saturated the tuning car culture sometimes appearing up 3 times as features in a single magazine issue. before the LS swap began to take over people were dropping the 350Z's VQ35DE into RX-7's S13's, S14's, and even the S15's in japan.

the list goes on.

While the 370z wasn't as popular as the 350z it still saturated the market. thought by this time it was overshadowed by the arrival of the R35 GT-R.

now the R35 has been a hit from the start. No one can deny that (I personally don't like it as I think it's TOO technical). People loved that fact that it (at the time ) delivered supercar performance for a fraction of supercar price. and like the 350 before it began to saturate the tuning media. people adored and still adore that car.

So while I'm not a fan of those 3 cars, I will not deny that they are good cars with huge cult followings.

To say that Nissan hasn't been any good since the S15 is just and untrue statement.

-Point
Though I have nothing to contribute you post. Off-topic: I would just like to say the r35 was and still is an amazing car. Setting world records on its debut, I think it is the best car anyone could ever buy for the price.
Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:00 AM   #80
digital_assassin

Drives: 2013 FR-S Matte Orange
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
New 510 concept (Nissan IDx)

So did they scrap the 240z and start moving towards the 510 instead? I was really liking the 240z and think it was a way sexier vehicle.

The Nismo version of the 510 is appealing but without the race inspired graphics it looks... odd.
digital_assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:22 AM   #81
NemesisPrime909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust View Post
Though I have nothing to contribute you post. Off-topic: I would just like to say the r35 was and still is an amazing car. Setting world records on its debut, I think it is the best car anyone could ever buy for the price.
by (at the time) i meant the price. If I remember correctly, the R35 list price was around $70k since then it's jumped to $99k

it's still good just more expensive is all
Old 11-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #82
ZDan

Drives: '23 BRZ
Thanked 3,891 Times in 2,032 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:

350Z 370Z and GTR are not terrible cars. They are quite bloated and the antithesis of 240Z/510/S13 ideals.

WAY too many overwrought cars that put up good performance numbers, but lack in the everyday FUN category.

A 350Z/370Z is a lot faster (stock vs. stock) than a 240Z, but a 240Z is a LOT more fun to drive in most real-world situations. Ditto an S13 240SX vs. GTR. The GTR is a freaking ROCKETship, but the S13 is more engaging to me.

Quote:
I'll go one further and say that Nissan hasn't made a car that I'm terribly interested in since the s13! Not saying that the 350/370Z and GT-R aren't any good, they're great cars to be sure. But they're way too bloated. I'm just not at all interested in having one.
I would LOVE to see Nissan get back on track with cars more similar to the 240Z, 510, and S13 240SX. I would be on board for any of those
ZDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #83
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

Drives: Supra
Thanked 2,181 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMeeple View Post
I'm a little bit confused...so will we be seeing the production version of this new car next week? I assume it's coming to the US...any mention yet from Nissan of a manual transmission?
I think its safe too say it will be a few years before we see a production version.
vh_supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #84
Shagaliscious
Banned

Drives: Firestorm FR-S (MT)
Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,166 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
I kinda like it, although the guy on the monitor in the background doesn't seem to agree, lol.
Shagaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote