follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #141
seanx820

Drives: Mazda 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulooz View Post
No, its like comparing two similarly priced performance cars from the same brand. Like it has been said a thousand times; the mass of purchases being made in performance car segments are usually dictated by price before anything else. After all, you can only buy what you can afford.
I can tell you I am considering the BRZ b/c I live in NC right now, but that might change and my wife might want to move to Utah for a job. If that happens it would completely change my mind b/c of AWD. People's life situations completely change purchase decisions. The WRX has features the BRZ does not. You can't just say performance cars from the same company. They are completely different cars.
seanx820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #142
Crashoverride
here, there, any where

Drives: FR-S SOON!!!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanx820 View Post
I can tell you I am considering the BRZ b/c I live in NC right now, but that might change and my wife might want to move to Utah for a job. If that happens it would completely change my mind b/c of AWD. People's life situations completely change purchase decisions. The WRX has features the BRZ does not. You can't just say performance cars from the same company. They are completely different cars.
You do realize that the BRZ is also rear wheel drive... right?
Crashoverride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #143
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashoverride View Post
You do realize that the BRZ is also rear wheel drive... right?

Huh? I think he made that fairly clear from his post.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #144
Oriental Life

Drives: Forester 2007, BRZ Limited '13
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
We have already been discussing that here:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3980
You might have missed - they turned on an authentication in this dev environment. Just follow the link, it will ask you for credential to login
Oriental Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #145
Oriental Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco-REX View Post
The BRZ is not a halo car, nor a replacement for the WRX. They aren't going to weaken either car's sales by pricing them the same.
I wouldn't be surprised if they place BRZ slightly above base WRX with $25,995 for Premium 6MT.

Pricing delay from Scion (rumors) may just explain that it creeps Scion big time. Its a gamble for both, Subaru and Scion, and I'd say one of them is going to fail on delivering this car.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #146
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriental Life View Post
You might have missed - they turned on an authentication in this dev environment. Just follow the link, it will ask you for credential to login
That just happened recently as that website worked for me ~ 1hr ago. Still doesn't matter as it is the same link as was being discussed in the linked thread.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #147
Oriental Life

Quote:
That just happened recently as that website worked for me ~ 1hr ago. Still doesn't matter as it is the same link as was being discussed in the linked thread.
They should have seen peak in incoming traffic, or began to read this forum
Old 03-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #148
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J

Drives: 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
So will you plan on getting a BRZ and just drive it in the snow or have a winter DD?
I'm planning on keeping the WRX as a winter car. It's not just the snow, the salt is really bad on cars around here so I will put the BRZ away for the winter.

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #149
Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,520 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
People are actually shopping the BRZ and the WRX? Really?
Depends on the shopper. Some people will look at a particular segment: "I want something sporty, small, under 30K." etc. And they could cross the WRX off their list. But some people will walk into a Subaru dealership looking for a "performance car". These buys will test drive both. And the rising torque curve of a turbo is very enticing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriental Life View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they place BRZ slightly above base WRX with $25,995 for Premium 6MT.

Pricing delay from Scion (rumors) may just explain that it creeps Scion big time. Its a gamble for both, Subaru and Scion, and I'd say one of them is going to fail on delivering this car.
Ahh, my mistake. I thought the WRX started at 26.5K instead of 25.5K. I guess Subaru is very confident that buys will walk into the dealership specifically looking for one or the other. Interesting.

What do you mean by fail on delivering? Both the FR-S and BRZ are in production as we speak. The FR-S is seeing higher demand worldwide under the GT-86 badge, and demo BRZs are roaming the US dealers right now. Both Subaru and Toyota have committed to bringing their FT cars to the US.
Draco-REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #150
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J

Drives: 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Depends on the shopper. Some people will look at a particular segment: "I want something sporty, small, under 30K." etc. And they could cross the WRX off their list. But some people will walk into a Subaru dealership looking for a "performance car". These buys will test drive both. And the rising torque curve of a turbo is very enticing.

Ahh, my mistake. I thought the WRX started at 26.5K instead of 25.5K. I guess Subaru is very confident that buys will walk into the dealership specifically looking for one or the other. Interesting.

What do you mean by fail on delivering? Both the FR-S and BRZ are in production as we speak. The FR-S is seeing higher demand worldwide under the GT-86 badge, and demo BRZs are roaming the US dealers right now. Both Subaru and Toyota have committed to bringing their FT cars to the US.
If people go in to look at the BRZ and end up with a WRX, or go in wanting a WRX and end up with a BRZ, seems like Subaru wins either way. It's never bad to have options, and I don't think they'll have any trouble selling the 500/month that they are making.

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #151
Ranatsu
Cone basher

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Series.Yellow
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

I believe he means that one will price the car at a point that people won't find it feasible to buy, over other similar cars with the same or better features.
Ranatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #152
tranzformer

Sounds like we will hear by the end of the month the official pricing.

Premium MT $25k
Premium AT $26k
Limited MT $27k
Limited AT $28k
Old 03-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #153
Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,520 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranatsu View Post
I believe he means that one will price the car at a point that people won't find it feasible to buy, over other similar cars with the same or better features.
In that case, I think a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised.

I'm confident that Subaru will hit or come very close to the 25K price tag they announced at NAIAS. And Toyota's Scion brand is specifically a low-cost brand. The FR-S at 23K will be already be the most expensive Scion they sell by 8K. I really don't believe MSRP on the BRZ will hit 30K, even in limited trim.
Draco-REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #154
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
I just got an email from my dealer who asked the regional manager about Prices! RM said late march and Mid 20s for Prem and Upper 20s for Limited. The exact email is in the Random Thoughts Thread.
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote