follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 03-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #15
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyde01 View Post
k-swiss was huge in cali in the 90s. don't hardly see them at all now. style is going more towards 70s and 80s now with converse and vans lookin shoes. i'm into pumas personally.

edit: daaaaaaym 1g for this ish? and people are rioting for them? gotta agree that's wack.

You should have saw the day they were released! Ebay listings were easily at 10-15K!

Stupid on Nike's behalf b/c they didn't officially release them on their website amd mentioned "Limited"! That made them go crazy for them; want vs need was easily thrown out the door.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #16
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
So if you are going for resell how do you decide what size to go after?
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #17
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
You should have saw the day they were released! Ebay listings were easily at 10-15K!
Crazy. What were the completed listings at? Could car less what they were listed at. Rather care how much they were being sold for.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #18
cyde01
ft86club resident b-boy

Drives: Yamaha R3, moonslate 2018 GT Black
10 grand for a pair of sneaks while broke a$$ nuggahs go dyin in the streets.

what as a society have we allowed ourselves to buy into???

edit: tranz you interested in the reselling game? if i were you i wouldn't do sneakers but i would flip iphones when the new one comes out. flip em on ebay, make a dolla outta fifteen cents!!
cyde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #19
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyde01 View Post
edit: daaaaaaym 1g for this ish? and people are rioting for them? gotta agree that's wack.

You thought those look bad? Well they were thinking of releasing these before.

I'm not gonna lie I like foams and have a few pairs lying around and I was thinking of getting these but I wasn't going to take 2 days of work off for them while the closest place that them was in NYC.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #20
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
9, 10, 11's mostly. After that its whatever you can get. But don't tell me you're going into the re-selling business?

Old 03-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #21
RRnold
2 wheel member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
It's usually the 8-10.5 that generate the most resale.

I was hoping that the Jordan V Quai 54's came out in the US but they were only released in Europe since the tourney was in France. Because of that, they were all over ebay going for $400 US. They are nice in all but that is just way too much $.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #22
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
9, 10, 11's mostly. After that its whatever you can get. But don't tell me you're going into the re-selling business?

Hahaha hell no. I'm married with a kid. Don't have time for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to tranzformer For This Useful Post:
6-Shift (05-05-2013)
Old 03-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #23
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Garage
Quote:
I was hoping that the Jordan V Quai 54's came out in the US but they were only released in Europe since the tourney was in France. Because of that, they were all over ebay going for $400 US. They are nice in all but that is just way too much $.

I had them and they were in the U.S. for a quick grab. My boy got them and got me a pair. I thought they were nice but I know someone who was willing to pay $450 and wanted them more than I did. So I let him have it for $375, I'm not going to be one of those re-seller's who over charge.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #24
RRnold
2 wheel member

Quote:
I had them and they were in the U.S. for a quick grab. My boy got them and got me a pair. I thought they were nice but I know someone who was willing to pay $450 and wanted them more than I did. So I let him have it for $375, I'm not going to be one of those re-seller's who over charge.
Wow, prob in limited stores on the east coast. I would have kept them! I love the V's and wish I had bought the '06 Grapes when they re-released them.

I remember calling all of the main and even Nike stores a week before the release and it went from, "yeah, we're getting them in", to "call back in a couple days" to "sorry, we are not receiving any pairs".

They are nice in all but I wasn't going to pay more than retail and once I saw how much they were going for on ebay, I was fugg that!!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #25
ZetaVI
Gundam Meister

Drives: A Gundam
Thanked 1,010 Times in 510 Posts
Quote:
Exactly! TBH, most of them are not that good to ball with. I had the original Space Jams and though they are nice, they were very stiff and not that comfortable. When I saw all of the mayhem for those shoes over the holidays, I just had to laugh.

MJ is the G.O.A.T but any Jordans from '97 and below and designed by Tinker Hatfield and originals are probably the only ones worth anything.

I like the newer technology, the lighter more breathable shoe like the Kobe's or Lebron 8 & 9's.
Not many ball w/ Jordans because you spend so much for them you wouldn't want to mess them up unless you had the money to do so. I remember having 5's, 6's, 13's, and 14's. 11's I remembered sold out like crazy and they still do like the Concords. I admit they are nice but I won't riot for them and $220 first release is pretty deep pockets.
ZetaVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #26
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Garage
Quote:
Wow, prob in limited stores on the east coast. I would have kept them! I love the V's and wish I had bought the '06 Grapes when they re-released them.

I remember calling all of the main and even Nike stores a week before the release and it went from, "yeah, we're getting them in", to "call back in a couple days" to "sorry, we are not receiving any pairs".

They are nice in all but I wasn't going to pay more than retail and once I saw how much they were going for on ebay, I was fugg that!!
Yeah sometimes you can get lucky but have to pay attention enough when word hits the streets that some shoes are coming in, official release or not it just means you have to pay $230 or more because of it.

I missed the grapes due to school, that pissed me off then and now just thinking about it. So I'm still waiting for JB to retro the Grapes again too or the so called Grape and Lanely pack.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #27
RRnold
2 wheel member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaVI View Post
Not many ball w/ Jordans because you spend so much for them you wouldn't want to mess them up unless you had the money to do so. I remember having 5's, 6's, 13's, and 14's. 11's I remembered sold out like crazy and they still do like the Concords. I admit they are nice but I won't riot for them and $220 first release is pretty deep pockets.
I still have my Carolina blue 13's and those are the worst pair that I've owned! They are so uncomfortable and stiff.

I got the cement IV's last month only b/c the last release was '99. They are nice in all but they just don't look and feel the same.

Quote:
Yeah sometimes you can get lucky but have to pay attention enough when word hits the streets that some shoes are coming in, official release or not it just means you have to pay $230 or more because of it.

I missed the grapes due to school, that pissed me off then and now just thinking about it. So I'm still waiting for JB to retro the Grapes again too or the so called Grape and Lanely pack.
That's true! Having a source also helps a lot too. They keep debunking the Grape/Laney pack.

I'm waiting on several pairs this year but I know I should stop since this is getting out of hand!

Playoff XII's 4/12

Military Blue IV's 6/9/12

Fire Red IV's 8/12

These, I know people are going to go crazy over!!

OG Red IV's 11/12

OG XI's 12/12
Old 03-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #28
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Garage
^ Playoff 12's (i think you meant 4/21/12), the whole Olympic pack by JB and the Pippens, bred 4's, and another pair of bred 11's wouldn't hurt too since that's my favorite colorway.

I've seen the non mars 4's and didn't like'em in person, they looked a little off for some reason but couldn't put my finger on it and the military blue is a pass because of all the shoes that are coming out this summer and probably be the same quality as the cements.

Oh and I thought the og space jams felt right to ball in back then. I killed my pair to death, smh, that was dumb. That's why I had to pick up all the 11's so far and wear them on certain occasions for casual use only.