follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Site Announcements / Questions / Issues

User Tag List

Old 11-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
TIE Pilot

Drives: TIE interceptor; BRZ13
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Forum Rules/Guidelines sticky request

To every one and mods, there should be a thread in here with general posting rules. (Sticky or General Announcements)

I'm pasting an example.

Post Reporting and Account Rules
  • We cannot possibly read every single post made on the forum but we do review every single reported post. Please REPORT ( - Icon located in the bottom left corner of every post ) any posts you think are violating the forum rules
  • Here are some basic rules to keep this forum a fun place for everyone.

1) Respect. By far the most important rule here. Through the generations of ***,enthusiasts have come together for the love of the car and the community. So the basic rules of real life apply here, show each other respect and you will get respect as well. Don't bash someone else here because you feel like it. Derogatory or insulting remarks will not be tolerated. This applies to all corners of the site - including posts, profile visitor messages, and thread tags.

2) Search. These forums tend to accumulate knowledge, and so when you have a question do a simple search first. Alot of times, the best answers will be found in old threads that have gone over the topic in detail. If you can't find your answer or are still unclear, then by all means don't be afraid and post your question.
    ---PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING---

• 3) Disagree, don't attack. Disagree on topics, but try to leave it at that. Just because you don't like someones opinion on the car's engine, doesn't mean you should call him and his mother all sorts of names Disagreements are awesome, and you should call someone on something you don't agree with, but don't go out of your way to insult and flame someone. Please consider if you would say to someone's face the same thing you are posting.

4) Help. Be helpful, we are all probably here because of a question and people will go out of their way to help you. Try to do the same if you have the answer to a question posted. ***** enthusiasts have to stick together. If you think not telling others about some technical info you have will make you and your car unique and prefer to be unique rather than share this information, then this forum is not for you. Help each other with questions and answers and I guarantee you, one day it will pay you back on here.

5) Offtopic in Offtopic forum. Well this should be self explanatory

6) Make suggestions in the suggestions forum. We promise to do our best to accomidate your suggestions. We've made so many changes around here already based on people's feedback and we love doing it, its part of the fun for us !

7) Post in the correct forum this is especially important for our new members. Our community is divided into different forums for a reason, it helps to keep the posts organized and on-topic. If you have a post asking a question about purchasing a new car, or what option to get, etc, please post in the New Car section not in the photo gallery for example. This will help ensure you get the correct and meaningful answers to your question and will keep the site more focused for our veteran users.

8) No Commercial Posts We have very strict Anti-spam policies here and we will be deleting posts/banning users without notice when the post is a commercial post made by a non community sponsor. If you happen to see these types of posts on the forum, we urge you to report these members to us.

9) CLASSIFIEDS RULES.
    NO THREAD CRAPPING - DO NOT go into a member's for sale thread and post off-topic or critical comments or try to sell your own item in another member's classifieds threads. DO NOT go into a sponsor's classifieds thread and do the same. These threads are protected from any mention of other competing products, complaints, criticisms. There is a vendors' feedback forum for such purposes.

10) NO NSFW (Not-Safe-For-Work) AVATARS or SIGNATURES.

11) NO NUDITY ALLOWED.
11) DOUBLE / SECONDARY ACCOUNTS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
Only one account is allowed per member. *

Last edited by TIE Pilot; 11-08-2012 at 06:15 AM.
TIE Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Not bad, I like it.
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:13 AM   #3
einzlr

Drives: several
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hehe I thought this looked familiar. You'll probably want to edit the car ref in item 4

"Simplicate and add lightness." - Gordon Hooton
einzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
TIE Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by einzlr View Post
Hehe I thought this looked familiar. You'll probably want to edit the car ref in item 4
I did say paste... literally (credit-asterisk at the end )

Needs to be rewriten, improve, revise by admons. But i think it needs to be done [front page if possible]. Lots of repost and other stuff going on also i will add for common courtesy to keep posts in English (int'l) whenever possible.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
einzlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_m View Post

Needs to be rewriten, improve, revise by admons. But i think it needs to be done [front page if possible]. Lots of repost and other stuff going on also i will add for common courtesy to keep posts in English (int'l) whenever possible.
Aaaaghhhh my bad
Didn't notice that

I do embrace the idea of formal forum rules, and I'm grateful that you posted this. So far this is a refreshingly friendly bunch, and I'd hate to see this forum degenerate into what some of the other ones are like. If the mods wish it, I'd be happy to help customize this document for ft86club. I agree with keeping posts in English (except in the regionals for countries with other languages), and maybe we want to add an item on welcoming newcomers (although this forum is already pretty great for that).

The Following User Says Thank You to einzlr For This Useful Post:
TIE Pilot (11-08-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #6
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_m View Post

Wait, you think stickied rules prevent reposts and general noob stupidity?

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dimman For This Useful Post:
Giccin (11-14-2012), Guff (11-08-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
einzlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
Wait, you think stickied rules prevent reposts and general noob stupidity?
That would be tooooooooo easy!

But it does help a lot when calling them out if you can quote an official rule. Some forums direct newcomers right to the rules thread after they sign up and/or include the rules in the welcome email. Of course, many people will just ignore it, but it's helpful for some and at least the others are aware that there are rules.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #8
Hachiroku
Administrator

Drives: Boxster 986
Thanked 1,977 Times in 344 Posts
Mentioned: 172 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Great set of rules and pretty much how we've been moderating the site.

With all respect to the source of these rules, we've cribbed it and posted it as an announcement at the top of all forums.

If you see violations of any of these posted rules, please report the posts to us (per rule 1 above )
Hachiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hachiroku For This Useful Post:
Dave-ROR (11-12-2012), einzlr (11-09-2012), Guff (11-10-2012), TIE Pilot (11-12-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #9
einzlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiroku View Post
Great set of rules and pretty much how we've been moderating the site.

With all respect to the source of these rules, we've cribbed it and posted it as an announcement at the top of all forums.

If you see violations of any of these posted rules, please report the posts to us (per rule 1 above )
I wouldn't worry too much about cribbing; these rules seem to be shared freely among car forums.

And while we're at it - big thanks to the mods of ft86club! You guys must be doing something right; this forum is *much* friendlier than other car forums I've been on

The Following User Says Thank You to einzlr For This Useful Post:
Guff (11-10-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #10
TIE Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by einzlr View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about cribbing; these rules seem to be shared freely among car forums.

And while we're at it - big thanks to the mods of ft86club! You guys must be doing something right; this forum is *much* friendlier than other car forums I've been on
+1
Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #11
whaap

Drives: '13 FR-S firestorm, 6 mt - '11 CR-V
Thanked 1,387 Times in 657 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
I know it won't be popular with many people here but there is one thing and one thing only about this forum that bothers me. That's the use of profanity. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not some holier than thou kind of a guy but I happen to think that profanity has no place in a forum such as this and I believe that any use of profanity would first earn a warning and then would be an automatic suspension for a given period of time after the warning.
whaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #12
Hachiroku
Administrator

Drives: Boxster 986
Thanked 1,977 Times in 344 Posts
Mentioned: 172 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whaap View Post
I know it won't be popular with many people here but there is one thing and one thing only about this forum that bothers me. That's the use of profanity. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not some holier than thou kind of a guy but I happen to think that profanity has no place in a forum such as this and I believe that any use of profanity would first earn a warning and then would be an automatic suspension for a given period of time after the warning.
Standard adult language is fine since we're having adult conversations with other adults.

But, we won't allow profanity laced tirades/rants or anything of the sort, nor for adult language to be used in an insulting manner of course.

If any members here come across any of these, I encourage you to use the report post function. We review each and every reported post and will moderate the post accordingly. Thanks.
Hachiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hachiroku For This Useful Post:
whaap (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiroku View Post
Standard adult language is fine since we're having adult conversations with other adults.

But, we won't allow profanity laced tirades/rants or anything of the sort, nor for adult language to be used in an insulting manner of course.

If any members here come across any of these, I encourage you to use the report post function. We review each and every reported post and will moderate the post accordingly. Thanks.

I use profanity in my posts at times, but usually for a purpose and not just to do so and not excessively.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
zenki_levin
Road Warrior

Drives: AE86 Levin
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I haven't seen that much use of profanity on this forum. I'm a member on a few car enthusiast website and a bit of swearing and general shananigans is accepted. I mean, you hear worse things in your local pub.