follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 04-16-2012, 03:27 AM   #1
coyote

Drives: Slowly
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Australian BRZ Group Buy

Note to our friends from the USA: This is only for purchasers in Australia, hence it being in the Australian sub-forum.

This is for people who are ready to purchase and only people who are ready to purchase. Would prefer SEQ and Northern NSW purchasers, but serious buyers from further afield are okay too. Just be prepared to fly here or pay for freight.

We will be appointing a broker to conduct negotiations, none of which will be public. Taking part will be a one time opportunity and you will need to accept or decline the offer in a very timely manner.

Deposits will be required and if anyone wastes our time, we will severe communication with that person immediately. For those that will be using finance, we can assist with that. No, I'm not making a cut.

I am also dealing with an aftermarket parts wholesaler who will have access (some of it exclusive) to many parts from Japan and will be offering one time discounts TO GROUP BUY PARTICIPANTS ONLY. Details of such will be available only to group buy members at the appropriate time.

Yes, that sounds harsh ... but this is a business transaction and will be conducted as such. No use saying we are all going to hold your hand, because we aren't. We just want more cars to secure a better deal and you will get exactly the same deal as I do.

If anyone out there is interested in being part of a professionally managed group purchase of BRZs, please respond either in thread, or via PM.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:33 AM   #2
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
will you be doing something similar for 86?

when do you think you will know price/spec. i think many people would like to compare with the price/spec of 86 before they make the decision??!!

thanks
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:38 AM   #3
Staticfrost
Banned

Drives: Eight Six
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardi330 View Post

when do you think you will know price/spec. i think many people would like to compare with the price/spec of 86 before they make the decision??!!

thanks
What he said.
Staticfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:45 AM   #4
coyote

Quote:
Only in the unlikely event that no Subaru dealer wants our business.

Quote:
when do you think you will know price/spec.
Like you, I have no idea. Pretty confident it will be sometime in the next 3 months ;-)
Old 04-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #5
Nardi330

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
Like you, I have no idea. Pretty confident it will be sometime in the next 3 months ;-)
LOL
Old 04-16-2012, 04:04 AM   #6
Staticfrost
Banned

Drives: Eight Six
Garage
Got this from a mate today who got it from a dealer.

The GTS has the following extra to the GT:

Premium 3 Spoke Steering Wheel with Paddle shift
Aluminium Pedals
Aluminium Scuff Plate
Tachometer with digital speed
Leather Accented Trim
Premium Instrument Panel finish
17” alloy wheels
HID headlamps
Daytime running lamps
Smart Entry/Smart Start
Dual zone AC
Front seat heaters
6.1” Sat Nav Audio

(All about the 86...)
Staticfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:19 AM   #7
timmybhoy

Drives: mazda
when we get price and spec i'll be in, shoudn't be too much to ship it down to tassie should it?
timmybhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:23 AM   #8
Nardi330

just drive it down timmy. lol
Old 04-17-2012, 04:04 AM   #9
coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
This is for people who are ready to purchase and only people who are ready to purchase.
A group of us are buying this car regardless of what region of the current range of guesstimates the price actually ends up at.

This thread is for people like that who just want to achieve the best possible deal, regardless.

I make no judgement on those who are still cross-shopping or fence sitting, except to say there are 100 threads just for you ... but this isn't one of them.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #10
JDM-dono

Drives: WRB BRZ '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmybhoy View Post
when we get price and spec i'll be in, shoudn't be too much to ship it down to tassie should it?
same goes for me, in once specs are out
JDM-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #11
Nambo

Drives: '12 BRZ [CBS]
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'd like to join although pricing and financing are big factors for me. Once specifications and price become official I can a provide a more concrete answer.

Cheers
Nambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
LeftFootBrake

Drives: White 86 GTS AT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Hi Coyote,

Good initiative. The answer to some of the following questions may best be left to private message but I figured I’d include the questions here rather than a PM, as others may also be curious.
  1. When is the latest you’re prepared to make the order?
  2. When is the latest you’re prepared to take delivery?
  3. What is the minimum % discount you’ll be prepared to accept?
  4. What is the min/max group size you envisage being required to achieve the above?
  5. Who is the ‘we’ you refer to as already being committed to this group buy? How many are already in and how is communication between the group arranged?
  6. Have you organised and successfully executed a group car buy before?
  7. Who will the deposit be given to (you, broker, dealer, …)?
  8. Do you have anything to declare that could be construed as a conflict of interest?
  9. Where will the drive away location be in both general geographic and logistics terms? (eg. I assume general geographic location will be south-east queensland, but how far from an airport, for example?)
  10. Will you be organising any group logistics for those a long-distance away who choose to freight?
  11. Can you help us understand why you have chosen to restrict your focus to the BRZ? (The data available to date, however sketchy, suggests significantly less BRZ's will be available in calendar year 2012.)
  12. Is there a particular reason you are restricting any aftermarket group buy to those involved in the car group buy?
LeftFootBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #13
coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftFootBrake View Post
Hi Coyote,

Good initiative. The answer to some of the following questions may best be left to private message but I figured I’d include the questions here rather than a PM, as others may also be curious.
  1. When is the latest you’re prepared to make the order?
  2. When is the latest you’re prepared to take delivery?
  3. What is the minimum % discount you’ll be prepared to accept?
  4. What is the min/max group size you envisage being required to achieve the above?
  5. Who is the ‘we’ you refer to as already being committed to this group buy? How many are already in and how is communication between the group arranged?
  6. Have you organised and successfully executed a group car buy before?
  7. Who will the deposit be given to (you, broker, dealer, …)?
  8. Do you have anything to declare that could be construed as a conflict of interest?
  9. Where will the drive away location be in both general geographic and logistics terms? (eg. I assume general geographic location will be south-east queensland, but how far from an airport, for example?)
  10. Will you be organising any group logistics for those a long-distance away who choose to freight?
  11. Can you help us understand why you have chosen to restrict your focus to the BRZ? (The data available to date, however sketchy, suggests significantly less BRZ's will be available in calendar year 2012.)
  12. Is there a particular reason you are restricting any aftermarket group buy to those involved in the car group buy?
No problem, most of your questions can be answered pretty simply.

Myself and a couple of friends will be handing over the purchase of this car to a broker I have known for over 15 years. I have been in business for many years and know how to negotiate a deal, but also know he is capable of achieving a superior outcome to myself. All of the specifics relating to timing, location, logistics, etc will be left in his capable hands rather than mine.

I will not be involved beyond vetting who he gets to deal with and of course, taking delivery of my own car. The reason for that is I don't want a dozen tyre kickers wasting his time that could be spent on doing the deal as he won't be making hardly anything on individual cars. Once I've worked out who are the solid purchasers though, I will become just another buyer and he will arrange all the specifics.

He has been in the industry for a long time and I will disclose that I have referred many people to him. Normally that would entail a referral fee, but for professional reasons I have declined this. I have been happy to ensure my clients and friends get a good outcome. I suspect his efforts on this deal could be construed as somewhat of a "thank you" for that. As stated above, I will pay the same price as everyone else and not receive anything in return except the same benefit the other purchasers derive.

It's a BRZ because that's what I'm buying. I have my reasons for that and as stated above, if you are still fence sitting between the two brands then this is not for you. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find a broker who will do a Toyota group buy for you.

The aftermarket thing is similar. My contact is a very busy person who operates a wholesale business. The one off nature of a group buy lends itself to him being able to deal with us like he would a retail outlet. I'm not going to burn my contacts by referring a bunch of time wasters for him to deal with. I mean no offense to anyone by that, but you all know forums are full of them.

I'm not really worried if no-one from this forum wants in, but if there's someone on here ready to pull the trigger on a BRZ and wants the sharpest deal possible ... it may benefit is all. It really is that simple.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #14
LeftFootBrake

Drives: White 86 GTS AT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanks. To summarise my understanding of your response (and give you an opportunity to correct any mistakes):
  1. When is the latest you’re prepared to make the order? Undecided.
  2. When is the latest you’re prepared to take delivery? Undecided.
  3. What is the minimum % discount you’ll be prepared to accept? Undecided.
  4. What is the min/max group size you envisage being required to achieve the above? Undecided.
  5. Who is the ‘we’ you refer to as already being committed to this group buy? How many are already in and how is communication between the group arranged? Undecided.
  6. Have you organised and successfully executed a group car buy before? No. (My inference.)
  7. Who will the deposit be given to (you, broker, dealer, …)? The broker or dealer. (My inference.)
  8. Do you have anything to declare that could be construed as a conflict of interest? No.
  9. Where will the drive away location be in both general geographic and logistics terms? (eg. I assume general geographic location will be south-east queensland, but how far from an airport, for example?) Undecided.
  10. Will you be organising any group logistics for those a long-distance away who choose to freight? No. (My inference.)
  11. Can you help us understand why you have chosen to restrict your focus to the BRZ? (The data available to date, however sketchy, suggests significantly less BRZ's will be available in calendar year 2012.) Personal reasons.
  12. Is there a particular reason you are restricting any aftermarket group buy to those involved in the car group buy? Reduce organisational effort.
I understand where you're coming from, but just like you're wanting to manage your effort investment, so am I and I can't see myself getting involved without firm answers to the entire set of questions. So when they do become available, please share.
LeftFootBrake is offline   Reply With Quote