follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 12-02-2021, 07:34 PM   #1
Nickel
Nick

Drives: 2013 10 Series GT86 #182 of 2500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fire extinguisher mounted up

Finally got around to putting a fire extinguisher in the car. I'm going to make some important points. I only did this because it's required to run in the class I'll be racing.

Don't use Brackateer like I did. I had to drill holes out in parts of the bracket and use different hardware. It also doesn't come ready to mount. You still need a FE vehicle bracket that works with the FE you choose. Luckily I have a friend who works in the FE industry and gave me a vehicle bracket and a 5 lb Halotron clean agent.

And make sure you choose a halon or Halotron clean agent, otherwise if you are able to put out a disastrous fire, you will leave an incredibly impossible mess to clean up. Also, the 2 1/2 pounders aren't going to do much in the event of an electrical or fuel/oil cause.

People say you need some special E-Torx socket for the seat bolts. You don't. I used a 12 point 5/16th socket and it was perfectly.

All in all, safely mounted and track approved but I recommend buying something made in the USA, not China...

The problem is the bracket doesn't move with the seat, it's bolted to the front seat bolts which means seat travel is reduced to a minimum. I don't think anyone could sit behind me now and I've comfortably had 4 people in this car on several occasions. But sacrifices have to be made for Racecar life.
Attached Images

2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series MT #182 of 2500/1993 Mazda Miata/1994 Suzuki Cappuccino/2016 Ford Mustang GT Performance Package/2016 Yamaha FZ-09/2023 Toyota Camry XSE

Instagram: @nickel_reed
Nickel is offline   Reply With Quote