follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in purchasing this product?
Yes 182 70.82%
No 24 9.34%
Maybe 51 19.84%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List
Ammunition, Andreas83, ATL BRZ, buddy32, Canehda, CrazyWookiee, daftpunk, FLYFISHR, IceFyre13th, JD86, JDKane527, juliog, KAR, KDad2, M1K3, milhouse, MrMarinakos, OmarGC, pcporo, RFB, sofargone561, TestaRossa, The Slow One, ToyoburuBRZ, Vic

Old 05-18-2015, 11:22 AM   #407
protpibe

Drives: 4-Runner Sport - 13' BRZ SportTech
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiske View Post
There is nothing structural behind the holes where the rod goes through correct? They look to simply bolt to the excess metal on the fender itself. Do you think this could be done with aftermarket fenders such as Todoroki/Virctory/Ings/Seibon that are fully fiberglass/carbon?

I believe it's the fender brace that they're bolting on to, but I didn't really pay attention. Granted they're not taking the weight of the bumper, but I would still probably avoid putting that pressure on anything that may be made out of carbon fibre or fibreglass. From my experience with cf, it doesn't take much to cause a crack.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:48 PM   #408
JD86

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 GT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Cor10:23 View Post
@JD86 you need two for each of the rear rods
Ah, bugger. There goes my sneaky money recovery option :-p
JD86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:30 PM   #409
protpibe

Drives: 4-Runner Sport - 13' BRZ SportTech
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Just got an email from Move Over Racing thanking me for the honest review and install pics. They mentioned a few things about the kit itself, how certain parts are made, and why it ended up being what it was. I would say that it takes a pretty classy establishment to actually listen to their customers. They were also asking for ways to improve the instructions etc, which also makes me feel like they care about the end product and customer experience.

Good on you MOR
AlexBinJackson (05-18-2015), civicdrivr (05-19-2015), diirk (05-19-2015), SPCorBUST (05-18-2015)
Old 05-18-2015, 03:43 PM   #410
ft86me

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hope to get mine soon. Seems like a good product !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ft86me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:46 AM   #411
Beebe

Drives: Totalled 2/7/15 :'(
Garage
So i just got my package from them yesterday. Although, aren't there supposed to be custom brackets included as well? All that I received is the quick release components... Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432036001.986430.jpg
Views: 1130
Size:  251.4 KB

Beebs
Beebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:48 AM   #412
The Slow One
Track Junkie

Drives: Argento Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebe View Post
So i just got my package from them yesterday. Although, aren't there supposed to be custom brackets included as well? All that I received is the quick release components... Attachment 110060

Beebs
Read the precious posts.
The Slow One is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Slow One For This Useful Post:
Beebe (05-19-2015)
Old 05-19-2015, 07:58 AM   #413
Beebe

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slow One View Post
Read the precious posts.

So I waited 6+ months for components I could've just bought straight from Quik-Latch themselves?!

I paid $195 shipped, where did the rest of my money go if they say this kit is only $100?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432036698.673403.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  253.1 KB

Beebs
Old 05-19-2015, 08:36 AM   #414
The Slow One
Track Junkie

Drives: Argento Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Ask them, not me haha. A lot of people are irritated what was received. I'm just glad I received something and has instructions.
The Slow One is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Slow One For This Useful Post:
Beebe (05-19-2015)
Old 05-19-2015, 08:38 AM   #415
Beebe

Garage
Move Over Racing Bumper Q/R's. Interest?

Well, we all just got scammed by MOR.

This is my last and final purchase with them. I don't even own an 86 anymore (it was totaled in February), and I'm still extremely pissed about how much these simple parts cost me, and how long it took to ship.

MOR promised something much more robust and user friendly at the beginning of this group buy. A proposed design that excited a very large audience. With that excitement, there was no doubt that we would all gladly pay the price tag, whatever the cost, up front. In doing so, we let them steal money from our pockets.

Their lengthy lead time wasn't because they needed a car to make a "prototype," it was because they needed a car so they could cut corners (literally & figuratively speaking). It allowed more and more customers to join the group buy, ultimately allowing MOR to justify if they want to spend money and time on R&D or just cut their losses and make an easy profit.

Let this be a lesson to all of us. Don't purchase something without seeing the final product first.

Beebs

Last edited by Beebe; 05-19-2015 at 08:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beebe For This Useful Post:
RFB (05-19-2015)
Old 05-19-2015, 08:40 AM   #416
Beebe

Garage
Move Over Racing Bumper Q/R's. Interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slow One View Post
Ask them, not me haha. A lot of people are irritated what was received. I'm just glad I received something and has instructions.

You got instructions? I didn't even receive any. Go figure.

Beebs
Old 05-19-2015, 09:31 AM   #417
AlexBinJackson

Drives: 2015 Brz Blue Series Pearl White
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

This is my last and final purchase with them. I don't even own an 86 anymore (it was totaled in February), and I'm still extremely pissed about how much these simple parts cost me, and how long it took to ship.

MOR promised something much more robust and user friendly at the beginning of this group buy. A proposed design that excited a very large audience. With that excitement, there was no doubt that we would all gladly pay the price tag, whatever the cost, up front. In doing so, we let them steal money from our pockets.

Their lengthy lead time wasn't because they needed a car to make a "prototype," it was because they needed a car so they could cut corners (literally & figuratively speaking). It allowed more and more customers to join the group buy, ultimately allowing MOR to justify if they want to spend money and time on R&D or just cut their losses and make an easy profit.

Let this be a lesson to all of us. Don't purchase something without seeing the final product first.

Beebs

Calm down brah if u actually read the above post you would understand there was no room for the brackets.
You could send them back and always request a refund but I think you are over reacting a little as they did all the work on designing a kit so you don't have too 😊
AlexBinJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:37 AM   #418
Beebe

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBinJackson View Post
Calm down brah if u actually read the above post you would understand there was no room for the brackets.
You could send them back and always request a refund but I think you are over reacting a little as they did all the work on designing a kit so you don't have too 😊

Not overreacting at all bro. Just making it known what they did. If anything they should reimbursed us all for the extra $80. We didn't wait 10months for something we could've bought right away.

Beebs
Old 05-19-2015, 09:48 AM   #419
diirk

Drives: Audi S5
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
The $100 declaration is probably to reduce the shipping costs from Canada.

15 Audi S5 DSG Daytona Grey | Pinnacle Tint
<SOLD>13 SWP BRZ Prem MT
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:40 AM   #420
civicdrivr

Drives: 2018 Golf R
Thanked 1,095 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:

Beebs
While I am not necessary thrilled about the final product (or the cost of it), I'm sure you could have cancelled the order and requested a refund in the 2+ months between the time your car was totaled (sorry to hear btw) and when you received the item. I think calling them scammers is just a hair too dramatic.

With that said, my biggest complaint is that we could buy the latches from Quik-Latch for $24 each in silver ($27 for black), aluminum spacers from McMaster for 34 cents each (seriously), and spent a couple hours measuring and some finesse work with a dremel and build a very similar solution for $65 less.

To me, it doesn't look like they put a ton of time or effort into the kit.

-my two cents