follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 08-31-2015, 12:43 PM   #127
G-awesome

Drives: 2015 Firestorm Scion FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
holy moly! when I ordered the perrin strut bar a few weeks ago, it only took you guys overnight to ship to Canada via DHL. I'm very impressed!
G-awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to G-awesome For This Useful Post:
FT-86 SpeedFactory (08-31-2015)
Old 09-17-2015, 03:07 PM   #128
FT-86 SpeedFactory

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,253 Posts
Mentioned: 341 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Glad it go their fast.
FT-86 SpeedFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #129
Rookie84

Drives: '02 GS300, '12 S80 T5, '15 BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I don't think you guys have any intention to serve international customers with your outrageous shipping rates. They are about FOUR TIMES more than other vendors.

For example, if I wanted to ship a set of 18X9.5 wheels to Korea, you website charges me $850. $850!?!?!!!! That is nearly a price of another set of wheels!!

I checked with other vendors, and the range is between $150~250 to ship a set of wheels to Korea (varies by vendor but mostly they fall in that range).

I am hugely disappointed by your shipping rates. I recently tried to put together of order of bunch of small items for total cost of around $1,000. Weight? Maybe 20kg combined at absolute most. Since these are just a bunch of small-sized items (catch cans, wide angle mirrors, master cylinder braces, some interior trim pieces, a set of brake pads, etc.), they can be packed into a reasonably sized box as well so there would be no penalties for large dimensions of the box. But I was quoted $600!!!!!??!?!

So I e-mailed you through the contact form and Maddy gave me the exact same price for shipping even after I provided all the details for exact quote. Ridiculous. I've shipping a header, overpipe, midpipe, solid sways front and rear, a set of coilovers, oil cooler kit, LSD, and other smaller itmes all together for $800 by DHL. And you want to charge $600 for a regular, slow shipping method for a 20kg box?

You have something seriously wrong here that you need to fix if you want to do business internationally. My business certainly won't go your way because I see your shipping rates as either you being lazy to provide the actual rates or wanting to rip off customers and make extra dollars. Really, I am astonished that I was given the exact same jacked-up rate from your website's system even when I contacted you for custom quote. I'm sorry, but I'll take my business elsewhere.
Rookie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rookie84 For This Useful Post:
PureShield (01-26-2016)
Old 10-13-2015, 09:13 AM   #130
FT-86 SpeedFactory

Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,253 Posts
Mentioned: 341 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie84 View Post
I don't think you guys have any intention to serve international customers with your outrageous shipping rates. They are about FOUR TIMES more than other vendors.

For example, if I wanted to ship a set of 18X9.5 wheels to Korea, you website charges me $850. $850!?!?!!!! That is nearly a price of another set of wheels!!

I checked with other vendors, and the range is between $150~250 to ship a set of wheels to Korea (varies by vendor but mostly they fall in that range).

I am hugely disappointed by your shipping rates. I recently tried to put together of order of bunch of small items for total cost of around $1,000. Weight? Maybe 20kg combined at absolute most. Since these are just a bunch of small-sized items (catch cans, wide angle mirrors, master cylinder braces, some interior trim pieces, a set of brake pads, etc.), they can be packed into a reasonably sized box as well so there would be no penalties for large dimensions of the box. But I was quoted $600!!!!!??!?!

So I e-mailed you through the contact form and Maddy gave me the exact same price for shipping even after I provided all the details for exact quote. Ridiculous. I've shipping a header, overpipe, midpipe, solid sways front and rear, a set of coilovers, oil cooler kit, LSD, and other smaller itmes all together for $800 by DHL. And you want to charge $600 for a regular, slow shipping method for a 20kg box?

You have something seriously wrong here that you need to fix if you want to do business internationally. My business certainly won't go your way because I see your shipping rates as either you being lazy to provide the actual rates or wanting to rip off customers and make extra dollars. Really, I am astonished that I was given the exact same jacked-up rate from your website's system even when I contacted you for custom quote. I'm sorry, but I'll take my business elsewhere.
Seems to be a mistake by Maddy on this one. I spoke to him about this rate this morning as I was scanning through to review his emails and ran across yours(he has only been with us about 3 months). The rate was calculated by UPS, which should not have been the method for this. I was going to email you back on this until I saw this post, so I will just respond here.

He should have calculated this using USPS international. When I calculated it, shipping cost should have been $198 USD.

Please understand that this was just a misunderstanding from our rep that was just not clear on what method to use for you to achieve the best rate possible. We have dealt with many international customers in the past and continue to work with many to make sure they are getting the best rates we can provide. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards,
-Yo
FT-86 SpeedFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FT-86 SpeedFactory For This Useful Post:
Rookie84 (10-13-2015)
Old 10-13-2015, 06:45 PM   #131
Rookie84

Drives: '02 GS300, '12 S80 T5, '15 BRZ 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-86 SpeedFactory View Post
Seems to be a mistake by Maddy on this one. I spoke to him about this rate this morning as I was scanning through to review his emails and ran across yours(he has only been with us about 3 months). The rate was calculated by UPS, which should not have been the method for this. I was going to email you back on this until I saw this post, so I will just respond here.

He should have calculated this using USPS international. When I calculated it, shipping cost should have been $198 USD.

Please understand that this was just a misunderstanding from our rep that was just not clear on what method to use for you to achieve the best rate possible. We have dealt with many international customers in the past and continue to work with many to make sure they are getting the best rates we can provide. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards,
-Yo
Thank you for the response. I was pretty bummed about the rate which did not make any sense at all. Now the rate is much more reasonable.

I will contact you or your staff in a few days to place the order. Thanks.
Rookie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:05 AM   #132
Spechtre

Drives: 2014 ZN6
Garage
Give Maddy a raise, this is not the first time she helped me or the last time I will buy from FT86speedfactory.

My left Tom's tail light had a bad seal, bought back in November, it had standing water and awful condensation. I contacted FT86SF, Maddy replied and asked for pictures of the tail light.

She contacted Tom's/Buddy Club for me and had them send me a new unit under warranty. I hardly had to do anything but whine and take a few pictures.

Thanks Maddy!
Spechtre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:37 AM   #133
Takumi788
JHerbert Racing

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,186 Times in 593 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Way too many good things to say about these guys. Wish I worked for them! Need a NY rep? lol
- #813 2013 Scion FRS Build Thread
- JHerbert Racing Website
Takumi788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:00 PM   #134
PureShield

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Impossible to order anything to Canada right now because of the exchange rate. I was going to order a TRD drop in filter but came up to $170 after shipping.
PureShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:03 PM   #135
PureShield

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spechtre View Post
Bought my black Toyota emblems and GT86 badge from FT86Speedfactory. GT86 emblem was poorly molded and the tail of the "T" was not there.

Emailed them a picture, and got a free replacement shipped to me immediately. Great service, thanks!
Doesn't @FT-86 SpeedFactory order them from Toyota though, well at least the regular emblems?
PureShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:38 PM   #136
Ro_Ja

Drives: TOYOTA
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I want(ed) to order the TRD steering wheel from 86SF, but the price is ridiculous, even being "on sale". I could order from Japan directly for almost half the price. I haven't ordered anywhere yet, but if I can get a comparable price to the current exchange rate + small surcharge (maybe 10-15%) for convenience and shipping, you'd have my business.
Ro_Ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:19 AM   #137
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
3 business days and still no email verification that my part has been shipped. Has anybody else had a bad experience?
VenomRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 05:43 PM   #138
Tectoniic
#FiftyShadesOfBlue

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 1,425 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomRush View Post
3 business days and still no email verification that my part has been shipped. Has anybody else had a bad experience?
Not trying to call you out but just a few questions as I have had nothing but prompt and good experiences with them.

Did you maybe place this order at a late time on Friday, didn't get anything on Monday, and are now posting Tuesday morning? That would put it at barely 2 business days worth of time so they may just be getting around to it.

Did you try to contact them directly? The part may be on back order or it may be a case of someone else getting the last piece on the shelf even though their site showed they had stock when you ordered. (I work for an electronics distributor and this happens more often than I would like to admit)

Tectoniic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:31 AM   #139
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectoniic View Post
Not trying to call you out but just a few questions as I have had nothing but prompt and good experiences with them.

Did you maybe place this order at a late time on Friday, didn't get anything on Monday, and are now posting Tuesday morning? That would put it at barely 2 business days worth of time so they may just be getting around to it.

Did you try to contact them directly? The part may be on back order or it may be a case of someone else getting the last piece on the shelf even though their site showed they had stock when you ordered. (I work for an electronics distributor and this happens more often than I would like to admit)
Did not contact them directly, I just assumed I would get info as fast as the money was taken out of my account.
VenomRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:39 AM   #140
LOLS2K
/scion

Drives: '13 86 M/T
Thanked 1,402 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomRush View Post
Did not contact them directly, I just assumed I would get info as fast as the money was taken out of my account.
In most cases an auto system takes your money, and a human will process and ship the order (minus confirmation email). Which is why the money comes out much faster than the parts go out. Either way, good luck with receiving your parts. If you're really concerned, you can simply send them an email or give them a call. Just as you took the time to post on here.

LOLS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LOLS2K For This Useful Post:
FT-86 SpeedFactory (02-25-2016), VenomRush (02-24-2016)