follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #127
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,576 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The other thing that's irritating is the people who go through the same threads saying the same shit over and over. There are people on this site that go into almost every build thread that involves aggressive wheel sizes, tires, low ride height etc and just shit on the thread. Like they have nothing better to do than go in every thread to tell people how much they hate their cars.

I can't stand plastidip and pin striping and 37 pictures and 2 paragraphs on how you swapped a couple interior lights to LEDs but I don't make it a mission to go through threads and say that. If I don't like it, I pretty much just exit the thread and move on to the next one.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #128
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by radroach View Post
I hate trucks with super loud exhausts that commute to the city towing lawnmowers to cut grass. Yeah, they'll clean up your yard and edge the grass, and add 110dB of BLATBLATBLAT noise pollution to your neighborhood as well. And they come downtown and just go full throttle right next to my building, or sit in the indoor parking lot and rev. I'm really hoping my city starts enforcing noise ordinances. We have one that says exhaust shouldn't be plainly audible (read: obnoxious) from 200ft away.

I used to have a truck, it had some nice dealer added side exhausts that made a nice sound, was always pleasant to start up and hear in the morning. But these muffler less trucks are really stupid and need to shut the.. front door.
And some of us spend good money to put a good-looking exhaust on our cars that is also VERY quiet. I hate listening to VERY loud and obnoxiously raspy cars (5.0L Mustangs, you're part of the problem... silence that crap!).

When I feel like I near ear plugs as your amplified car/truck/suv/MOTORCYLE drives by (even not stepping on the throttle) because it's so bangin' loud, then you need to get a muffler on that thing.

Thankfully I won't be pissing anyone (or any cop) off with my q300 exhaust. Got it to quiet down my engine-back exhaust system. Same reason I got a hemholz put onto my front pipe. I wanted the power and UEL rumble, not the rasp and volume. Why? So I can enjoy my car in peace.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
The Following User Says Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
Jyn (05-05-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #129
STJ

Drives: Skyline R33 GTR
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPI007 View Post
Uhhh, The Subaru on top looks 10xx better! You should take another look!
And that's why most new Subaru's are fat and ugly, got to love that American taste in cars. And getting back on topic, quad exhausts are retarded on anything that has less than 12 cylinders!
Old 05-05-2014, 04:45 PM   #130
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I honestly don't care as long as it can be unfucked in a weekend.

Fuck you I'm not going to spend a week finding a replacement for your janky dryer duct 'cold air' intake.

Edit: I think of mods pretty much only when I'm fantasizing about buying a used car, in case that wasn't clear.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #131
ftc~brz
Done

Drives: WRB BRZ
Thanked 4,936 Times in 2,101 Posts
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosoku View Post
Whats your biggest "beef" with other car trends?

I have many b/c I'm an old fart.

1. Big cursive stickers on front windshields that no one can really read and blocks the drivers view. WTF is the point?
wait, Like this?

doh!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ftc~brz For This Useful Post:
kosoku (05-05-2014), Shagaliscious (05-05-2014), Sportsguy83 (05-05-2014)

Closed Thread

Tags
d-bags hatin' on d-bags