follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 05-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #43
Grateful Dave
2nd 86 member

Drives: 2013 Asphalt AT FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Because of comic books about delivering tofu
Is that soft, firm or extra firm tofu. I like extra firm stir fried
Grateful Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:20 AM   #44
Esoteric

Drives: FR-S|(2)AE86|TA22|E30M3|E36M3|BPLeg
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk_diggler View Post
There are more succinct ways of conveying the message, so count me unimpressed by the commercial. Here is an example in 30 seconds or less:

So true! I loved spotting Rhys, makes it that more cool!
Being a hardcore BMW guy for a while now, I can say that Merc has been doing a much better job in the past 3 years than ever making their cars engaging behind the wheel in more that just German-muscle car.

I wish I could meet the minds behind the marketing campaign of these cars. The FRS is zeroed in at under 35 YOs and the BRZ so targeted to those over 35. Its very well executed though the BRZ promo videos, etc should focus more on track days as a BMW or Porsche enthusiast (demographics people!) would like to see. The two "regular guys" video was decent enough and smart for sure, but a track experience would be a good compliment as well.

To the credit of making the FRS commercial legit'... I will say I love that they showed Ken locking the rear with the e-brake and not just the typical power slide. This is pleasing to the drift enthusiast and just startling to the untrained eye. Again kudos to the guys who are selecting how this car is promoted and the small details!
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #45
russv
First 86

Drives: Scion FRS Argento Automatic
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
UAE Launch video

Nice UAE launch video on Autoblog.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/30/w...-86/#continued

Life is short...NO BORING CARS
russv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #46
VIPER
Professional Test Driver

Drives: ’14 Monogram Hot Lava FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
FRS launch commercial

this has been up and on TV since the 6th of June, but here it is incase you have not seen it.
VIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #47
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Drives: 2013 Whiteout 6MT FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER View Post

this has been up and on TV since the 6th of June, but here it is incase you have not seen it.
Yes, we have.

Welcome to the forum and as with most automotive based forums, FT86club.com offers a search function at the top toolbar. We appreciate your contribution to the forum and although the mods will probably lock it up or move it, I hope you don't take it personally.

The good news is you now belong to the world's foremost authority for BRZ, FR-S & 86 leaks and stories assembled by a set of crafty individuals. This forum is referenced by major magazine publications, several online publications and has very influential people always watching and stealthing around.

Once again, welcome and feel free to contribute to existent threads because we always love a new opinion around here.

-Chupacabra

Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote