follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Miscellaneous

User Tag List

Old 06-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
snapspinner

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Jack Brabham F1 prints

Jack Brabham was a race car driver who started his driving career in Australian “Midgets” and worked his way up the ranks, becoming a Formula 1 driver in 1955. He was active in Formula 1 from 1955 until 1970.

The title for this work comes from Jack’s dirt track based driving style that gets the rear sliding and stepping out as he exits corners. In this image Jack, driving his Repco powered Brabham BT-19 in the1966 French Grand Prix, blasts out of the hairpin corner at Thillois, on the Reims – Gueux circuit. He finished first in this race and by virtue of this victory he became the first driver to win a Formula 1 race in a car of his own design. With additional victories in 66’ at the British, Dutch and German Grand Prix’s, he went on to win his 3rd world championship. His team also won the constructors championship, making Jack the only person to win both the drivers and constructors titles in the same season.

I created this image to commemorate Jack Brabham since he recently passed away. I had some prints made at the request of some members for my local car club and I thought I would post it here in case anyone here might be interested. I'm going to limit it to an edition of 10 prints, so who knows maybe one day it will be a collectors item?

They are 11"x14" and I'm selling them for $40 shipped in the US, I'll ship anywhere with pre-payment but I'll have to add the actual postage costs for international shipping.

Jack Brabham (small) by shawn_whipple, on Flickr
Old 07-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
snapspinner

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bump

Tags
artwork, for sale, formula 1