follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-21-2023, 11:08 PM   #1079
callisto

Drives: 2019 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur-A View Post
Does anyone have a stock rom for a 2020 Euro BRZ?
Github only has 2017:
https://github.com/TD-D/SubaruDefs/t...20standard/BRZ

And the first post has only 2018 attached.

Are you looking for a specific calibration code ZA1Jxyyz? If so, search for forums for it and the bin will be here.

If you’re looking for an XML defs for romraider, there are none published that I know other than what Ecutek has behind locked doors.
callisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 11:52 AM   #1080
Compelica

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Does anyone have the stock calibration file ZA1JU00B00G?
Old 02-04-2024, 05:48 PM   #1081
AussieBRZ

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compelica View Post
Does anyone have the stock calibration file ZA1JU00B00G?

What year car ?
Auto or manual ?
Country ?

Can likely use a substitute rom just need to know those details
AussieBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 02:55 AM   #1082
Matthew_Gallardo

Drives: 2013 Hot Lava Frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Unhappy Stuck OFT tune

Hey guys, my OFT finally gave out while I was fine tuning the ots tunes. A modified stage 2 tune (OFT v4 tune) with a pretty bad maf scale I was working on is stuck on there. My main question is, if I buy a TACTRIX cable, can I delete and flash over the oft tune that’s currently on there? I don’t think I can flash the stock tune back on since I don’t wanna risk bricking the ecu. It’s a 2013 A00C.

Also, are the OFT v4 tunes compatible with a tactrix cable and ecuflash? The old oft tunes seem compatible but Im not too sure about the v4. I’ve been using OFT v4 tunes and definitions to edit on Rom Raider so I know how that works. But I’m very confused about the differences and uses between the ecuflash definitions, the romraider definitions, and the oft definitions.

I’m new to tuning so any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Update: I found a copy of a B01C stage 2 v2.076 rom and oft def. I think Ecuflash can use that, but correct me if I’m wrong. Will the v2 B01C OFT definition I have work as a ecuflash definition?

Last edited by Matthew_Gallardo; 02-08-2024 at 09:35 AM.
Matthew_Gallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 09:56 AM   #1083
callisto

Tactrix and OFT can both flash the same ROMs, so you can get unstuck if necessary that way. OFT also stores an .ORI file somewhere on your computer with the pre-OFT stock ROM your car came with, 1280kB, in case that’s useful.

If you’re worried about your tools on hand and would rather outlay dealer dollars than Tactrix dollars, a Subaru dealer can re-flash the ECU software to factory latest for your model.
Old 02-08-2024, 10:01 AM   #1084
callisto

Definition files come in two forms: “how does this get written to what areas of the chip in the car”, and “how do I edit the timing and fueling and etc valid inside the tune”.

Ecuflash files are generally the former. OFT doesn’t have a “file” for the former, as it’s builtin to the tablet somewhere.

Romraider files are the latter. OFT’s XML is also the latter, for people who want to open their tune in RomRaider and change values in it and then reflash it to the vehicle.
Old 02-08-2024, 05:22 PM   #1085
Matthew_Gallardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by callisto View Post
Definition files come in two forms: “how does this get written to what areas of the chip in the car”, and “how do I edit the timing and fueling and etc valid inside the tune”.

Ecuflash files are generally the former. OFT doesn’t have a “file” for the former, as it’s builtin to the tablet somewhere.

Romraider files are the latter. OFT’s XML is also the latter, for people who want to open their tune in RomRaider and change values in it and then reflash it to the vehicle.
Thanks for the reply, I think I’m beginning to understand.

I’m just wondering, do I need an ecuflash definition to flash OFT tunes to my car? If so, I believe I can use RRtoECUFLASH xml converter. And on OFT, you need to read the stock rom in order to write the OTS roms. Is this also true for Tactrix? Or can the tactrix flash over any rom without reading the current one, because I currently have a oft v4 Stage 2 rom in my ecu and I do not need to read it.

And I’m not really interested in getting a stock file back in my ecu. I don’t even think any dealership will touch my car since it has a rebuilt title and no VIN number in the ecu haha. Thanks for all the help.
Old 02-08-2024, 05:24 PM   #1086
callisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_Gallardo View Post
Thanks for the reply, I think I’m beginning to understand.

I’m just wondering, do I need an ecuflash definition to flash OFT tunes to my car? If so, I believe I can use RRtoECUFLASH xml converter. And on OFT, you need to read the stock rom in order to write the OTS roms. Is this also true for Tactrix? Or can the tactrix flash over any rom without reading the current one, because I currently have a oft v4 Stage 2 rom in my ecu and I do not need to read it.

And I’m not really interested in getting a stock file back in my ecu. I don’t even think any dealership will touch my car since it has a rebuilt title and no VIN number in the ecu haha. Thanks for all the help.

Tactrix can flash over any existing BRZ gen1 (2012-2020) ECU, so long as Ecutek isn’t involved.

I believe all BRZs use the same flash config, since they’re all 1280kb 0x0-140000, etc. but my Tactrix laptop is packed away right now. Check the stock ROMs thread, it has flashing guidance iirc.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:37 AM   #1087
AussieBRZ

Quote:
Hey guys, my OFT finally gave out while I was fine tuning the ots tunes. A modified stage 2 tune (OFT v4 tune) with a pretty bad maf scale I was working on is stuck on there. My main question is, if I buy a TACTRIX cable, can I delete and flash over the oft tune that’s currently on there? I don’t think I can flash the stock tune back on since I don’t wanna risk bricking the ecu. It’s a 2013 A00C.

Also, are the OFT v4 tunes compatible with a tactrix cable and ecuflash? The old oft tunes seem compatible but Im not too sure about the v4. I’ve been using OFT v4 tunes and definitions to edit on Rom Raider so I know how that works. But I’m very confused about the differences and uses between the ecuflash definitions, the romraider definitions, and the oft definitions.

I’m new to tuning so any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Update: I found a copy of a B01C stage 2 v2.076 rom and oft def. I think Ecuflash can use that, but correct me if I’m wrong. Will the v2 B01C OFT definition I have work as a ecuflash definition?
yes tactrix can overwrite oft tunes. like callisto said it wont overwrite ecutek or brzedit tunes.

now tricky bit is oft tunes are calid hacked their V4 A00C or B01C tunes are actually A01G internally.

oft tunes have corresponding hacked definitions.

however ecuflash definitions used with tactrix expects standard roms.

yes B01C is also compatable with A00C as is the euro A01G rom.

to keep things simple if you want to flash oft tunes to your A00C car use oft A01G roms as there is no hacks on those and they are compatable

if you want to go back to stock just flash B01C stock rom from the first post on this thread ( dont use oft A00C or B01C roms.)

from memory ecuflash has A01G defs installed standard
Old 02-14-2024, 09:52 PM   #1088
Matthew_Gallardo

Can tractrix write a tune on a blank ecu? I had an instance where the oft erased the tune but didn’t write a new one and left it “blank” (not cranking or starting). It eventually flashed the tune tho. It happens to a lot of other people too apparently. My oft started working again but if that happens again, I was wondering if I could unplug the oft and plug in a tactrix to finish writing up the tune while the key still in the on position for programming mode?
Old 02-15-2024, 04:42 AM   #1089
AussieBRZ

Quote:
Can tractrix write a tune on a blank ecu? I had an instance where the oft erased the tune but didn’t write a new one and left it “blank” (not cranking or starting). It eventually flashed the tune tho. It happens to a lot of other people too apparently. My oft started working again but if that happens again, I was wondering if I could unplug the oft and plug in a tactrix to finish writing up the tune while the key still in the on position for programming mode?

Yes tactrix like all brz 86 flash systems can write to a blank ECU, as all flash systems erase ecu first then re write entire tune.

Having said that tactrix/ecuflash and oft are not good at ecu recovery, especially part programmed ECU.

Ecutek and brzedit are far better at recovery

I would avoid changing tune devices mid flash your just asking for trouble.

Fair enough of one device fails mod flash try another though.

Theoretically a brz 86 frs ecu should never "Brick" like older WRX ecu.

The ecu in these cars has two sections 0000-7ffff which is the boot area that no tune devices I know of write or erase and then 8000-13ffff which is the tunable area.

There is enough built into the boot area to talk to the obd port and attempt a reflash of the tunable area in most cases, but ecuflash and oft are not particully good at this.

I've recovered several ecu using brzedit or ecutek that oft and tactrix/ecuflash would not read or write.

This seems to be when a partial or corrupted rom is written to tunable area. If it's blank tactrix/ecuflash usually recovers

Tags
ecuflash, tactrix, taxtrix, tuning